Cerave As An Am Moi...

Notifications
Clear all

Cerave As An Am Moisturizer On The Regimen

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/29/2013 5:07 am

I finally found a store over here in my country that sells Cerave. I've heard such good things about it from people on the boards and was wondering it anyone has used it as their Regimen moisturizer.

I use Cetaphil lotion as my night time moisturizer and I am really happy with it because it does such a great job. I use my Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel for the AM and it can be expensive because it comes in such a tiny bottle. So I'm trying to look for an alternative for those broke days. Haha.

Was wondering if Cerave is an ideal AM moisturizer. Lightweight, not greasy looking, absorbs quickly to the skin, no fragrance and good for tropical and humid weather.

Oh and do you guys use the Lotion or the Cream formulation?

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 05/29/2013 11:13 am

Personally, I hated CeraVe... It just didn't work for me.. Didn't do enough to combat the dryness from BP, but then again, I am older, so my skin needs more moisture... Everyone is different, so you may just have to try it out for a while and see if it works well for you... Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/29/2013 8:56 pm

Personally, I hated CeraVe... It just didn't work for me.. Didn't do enough to combat the dryness from BP, but then again, I am older, so my skin needs more moisture... Everyone is different, so you may just have to try it out for a while and see if it works well for you... Good luck! smile.png

Yup, I do want to try it. Cetaphil gives me more than enough moisture at night, it is just in the day time where I am looking for a good light weight moisturizer. Similar to my Clinique moisturizer but a lot cheaper.

I was thinking that maybe it could work because I do live in a pretty humid climate and my skin doesn't really get dry.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 05/29/2013 11:01 pm

Give it a go. There is always such polar opinions about any moisturiser that its hard to judge what is good and what isnt. I personally didnt like it, and feel the same as NYCQueen that it didnt moisturise enough, but Im much MUCH older than you wink.png

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 06/30/2013 10:07 pm

I've been using the CeraVe moisturizing lotion for almost a week now and I love this stuff. I've only used it as an AM moisturizer and it has worked really well for me. Not greasy looking, absorbs fasts, non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin and best of all it hasn't broken me out.

Also, it is waaay cheaper than my Clinique gel moisturizer. I still love that stuff, but being on the regimen and using a bigger amount of it can get expensive. Glad I found another cheaper product that works as well, if not maybe better than the Clinique.

I still use my Cetaphil moisturizing lotion as my PM moisturizer because I do feel it does a better job at moisturizing the skin. The greasy look you get on your face is basically the main reason I don't use it as an AM moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 07/01/2013 2:12 pm

It was okay. I had the Cream and it did leave my face greasy looking after a while. Applying it at first made my skin matte though. But I do have oily skin so maybe that was why it looked greasy. Also, the cream is really thick, which forced my to rub my face or else it left white streaks. It didn't absorb well initially. If you decide to go with it, get the lotion.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/01/2013 7:51 pm

It was okay. I had the Cream and it did leave my face greasy looking after a while. Applying it at first made my skin matte though. But I do have oily skin so maybe that was why it looked greasy. Also, the cream is really thick, which forced my to rub my face or else it left white streaks. It didn't absorb well initially. If you decide to go with it, get the lotion.

I am using the lotion and it is great! Living where I live and having really oily skin, I feel that it moisturizes my skin without giving me the greasy look. Also, I didn't have the streaking problem with the lotion.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/02/2013 12:57 am

I love love love the cream and their face wash the foaming one! I love that whole product line. But id be beyond livid if I could have my face cream. The stuff is like a dream. No streaks it soaks into the skin very fast and moisturized great. Don't be scared to try the cream, if you love the lotion I think your love the cream too. I can't live without it. I mix my AHA in with it too every night and I'm as smooth as a baby's butt and no shine on me. I love it

MemberMember
(@adrian2040)

Posted : 11/27/2013 3:18 am

Hello, um, where did you buy your Cerave moisturizer here in the Philippines? Thanks. :)

MemberMember
(@bryantmkiv)

Posted : 11/28/2013 2:58 pm

just bought the Cerave 2 weeks ago.. first week i thought it was great, moisturized and didnt leave my face shiny.. now this week..im noticing my face shiny and oily looking.. im going to buy the Nuetrogena combination skin again.. that was perfect but its just a small bottle... Nuetrogena for the AM and Cerave for the PM

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 12/03/2013 12:00 am

Hello, um, where did you buy your Cerave moisturizer here in the Philippines? Thanks. smile.png

There is this little stall in the mall that sells international skin care/beauty products. They have products that are easily accessible in the States like Cerave, Aveeno, Almay...etc. Perhaps you have something like that where you live?

MemberMember
(@adrian2040)

Posted : 12/03/2013 12:20 am

Hello, um, where did you buy your Cerave moisturizer here in the Philippines? Thanks. smile.png

There is this little stall in the mall that sells international skin care/beauty products. They have products that are easily accessible in the States like Cerave, Aveeno, Almay...etc. Perhaps you have something like that where you live?

I've no idea but i'll try to look for these "stalls" once I get a free time on my schedule. I live in Manila, so i'm pretty much surrounded by big malls. Thanks.

Is Cerave good for oily skin too? I hope it doesn't make me breakout. :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 12/03/2013 3:05 am

I've no idea but i'll try to look for these "stalls" once I get a free time on my schedule. I live in Manila, so i'm pretty much surrounded by big malls. Thanks.

Is Cerave good for oily skin too? I hope it doesn't make me breakout. smile.png

I have really oily skin and I love it. One pump is enough to make my skin feel moisturized by not oily. I do however use blotting papers maybe twice a day.