Notifications
Clear all

Self Prescribed Accutane

MemberMember
(@masetw)

Posted : 05/29/2013 4:24 am

Hi,

Ive had these red spots/marks that form into whiteheads along my jawline for the past 6 months to a year ive tried quite a few OTC treatmeants along with Duac, Differin, Oral Antibiotics etc etc you name it ive probably tried it.

I literally cannot stand looking in the mirror at my self anymore as these bright red marks seem to overpower my whole face and make me feel soo ugly and useless.

I used to use sunbeds to hide them but i havent been on one for around 2/3 months now and they just seem to come back redder and angrier.

I have just ordered some Accutane 20mg online so will be starting them from next week if they arrive in time i dont think my stomach can handle anymore months on anti biotics.

Height : 5'9

Weight: 145 lbs or 10 stone 5

here are some pics:

MemberMember
(@tane007)

Posted : 05/29/2013 5:36 am

your spots arent noticeable. Accutane will take like a year and a half of daily dosing at 20mg to be effective, which i still woudlnt recommend without a dermatologist because it can do liver damage etc.

MemberMember
(@masetw)

Posted : 05/29/2013 7:49 am

Well ill give it a go for the 2 months supply i have and work from there as the antibiotics and topicals ive been using for the past year havent worked and fed up now

Would anyone recommend these products while on accutane?

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Moisturizer for skin

Vaseline for lips

????

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/29/2013 9:31 am

Be careful self dosing on accutane. I would NOT recommened this at all. With all the issues that arise from accutane courses with doctor supervision and monthly blood tests. I would be worried about the damage your getting from this medication without getting blood tests and speaking about your side effects with a medical professional monthly. Not to mention you don't even know if what you are getting from this website you are ordering from is even accutane. Or if it's the correct dosage and a safe medication. Just be careful and if something doesn't seem right stop the medication.

Why are you self medicating? Why not get it from a dermatologist? Have you been declined for accutane because ur your acne isn't bad? Accutane is supposed to be for people with severe scarring and resistant cystic acne. Your skin looks really good. I can't tell if those red marks are active acne or if it is just Hyperpigmentaion..

To answer your question though yea the cleanser is fine. Vaseline might not be enough for your lips I used bag balm and Carmex and Vaseline and hydrocortisone ointments. I needed a lot of different things to keep them under control. Also the user above was correct you are going to be on the medication for about a year before you get to the recommended dosage.

MemberMember
(@meowza)

Posted : 05/30/2013 1:12 am

Yeah, online Accutane is not the way to go for a number of reasons, mostly what the others have said.

1. How do you know its Accutane? I don't want to scare you but it could be anything.

2. Even if it is Accutane, it is a very intense drug, and you need to be under a doctors careful supervision. Signs of liver damage, digestive problems, hypertension of the brain, joint issues, mental health issues can slip under a persons radar without discussions with your doctor and regular blood tests.

3. What about the dosage? 20mg is not enough for your weight unless you were planning on low-dose therapy which needs even more supervision because you'd need to be on the drug for quite a long time and it gives the drug more opportunity to damage your liver, etc.

4. Doing two months of 20mg than quitting/stopping for months is not going to have the desired effects.

5. There is some stuff that isn't listed on my pamphlets that came with the drug that I talked about with my pharmacist and doctor. Like what creams to avoid, what OTC medications to avoid, alcohol issues, etc.

If you want Accutane (your skin does not look bad in the photos, but mine doesn't usually either, cysts hide from cameras lol), please go see a derm and tell them your concerns! They can help. It is very dangerous to buy prescription drugs, especially one so dangerous as accutane, online!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 05/30/2013 1:30 am

Accutane is a dangerous drug even more so without supervision of dermatologist. I am on accutane right now and it seems to have increased my depression/ anxiety even more.

MemberMember
(@masetw)

Posted : 05/31/2013 3:13 am

Well i will probably try 10mg per day for the first month ( bite the 20mg tablet in half) will see how i get on if i start to feel ill at all will go doctors

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 05/31/2013 10:00 am

You are playing Russian Roulette my friend! There things that Accutane can cause even with or without lab tests. It can effect your brain, bones, muscles, joints, hair, sugar levels, liver, intestines just to name a few. There are people on 10mg or 20mg from a physician who have suffered!

Besides you have no clue what your getting by ordering it online. There are stories on acne.org of people doing this and ending up with not soo good endings! Do a search!

MemberMember
(@meowza)

Posted : 05/31/2013 1:56 pm

Definitely do NOT bite them in half. They won't be absorbed properly and will not work. Also it'll damage your esophagus. I just straight up woulnd't do it. Go see a derm!

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/31/2013 2:11 pm

The poster above is correct do not bite them in half. You are asking for problems big time

MemberMember
(@jsnjeppe)

Posted : 05/31/2013 2:14 pm

Accutane is already a VERY dangorus drug, ordering it online is just plain stupidity you dont know what youre getting could be anything, dont snap your shit up !

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 05/31/2013 2:24 pm

Definitely do NOT bite them in half. They won't be absorbed properly and will not work. Also it'll damage your esophagus. I just straight up woulnd't do it. Go see a derm!

I agree, DO NOT BITE the Accutane tablets! It is very damaging to your health.

All I can say is, that despite your condition, you are still a very good looking individual. I hope you realise that many people will see past the marks and see the true person underneath. I wish you the best!