Notifications
Clear all

How Bad Are My Scars And How Can I Heal Them?

MemberMember
(@mikegill)

Posted : 05/29/2013 2:32 am

I've been doing AHA peels but im not sure it is strong enough.

post-209773-0-37344500-1369812401.jpgpost-209773-0-24427400-1369812424.jpgpost-209773-0-59541700-1369812480.jpgpost-209773-0-92756600-1369812618.jpg

post-209773-0-37344500-1369812401.jpg

post-209773-0-24427400-1369812424.jpg

post-209773-0-59541700-1369812480.jpg

post-209773-0-92756600-1369812618.jpg

MemberMember
(@likecake)

Posted : 05/29/2013 4:05 am

ur scars is not bad at all, and i think ur good looking guy, maybe u can try dermaroller at home, or subcition, filler, is work for u

MemberMember
(@ashleyt)

Posted : 05/30/2013 10:26 pm

ew those look deep from the side

you should get a tca peel it will make them red but it should get better

MemberMember
(@colostomus)

Posted : 05/30/2013 10:46 pm

I have scars like that on my cheeks, im finally trying something other than home remedies, its called intracel ill keep updating but ive only done one treatment so far and itll take 2-3 weeks for me to see results

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/31/2013 3:59 am

there is nothing 'ew' about it.

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 05/31/2013 11:01 am

there is nothing 'ew' about it.

Exactly everyone is awesome and gorgeous!

Op it looks like you would benefit from subcision, but you should consult with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. I would not go with lasers just yet. You can also try dermarolling for the time being.

MemberMember
(@melie87)

Posted : 06/01/2013 1:42 am

YES NO ONE IS 'EW'. People are here for help, not for insults. I am back because I am in this relentless fight against acne. It's demoralizing, humiliating in itself. Having someone point out the damn obvious, by being purely mean, is just childish and dumb. I suggest you look elsewhere for information. Sorry beings me back to those memory's in high school. And subcision would be your best bet. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 06/02/2013 1:27 am

Hey Mike!

Your scars do look to be mostly moderately deep, with a few I would classify as being more severe. They look like rolling scars to me, which are luckily one of the easier types of scarring to treat. Whatever you do, don't give up! You will find a solution, and in time your scars will be a distant memory.

I don't think peels are going to cut it for you though. I would strongly suggest that you look into doing both subscision and the Dermaroller. I would consider having subscision done on your deeper rolling scars (get them as shallow as you can with this) and then have 5 rounds of professional Dermaroller treatments. I think you'd see amazing results!

Subscision would un-tether your deeper scars (could even be combined with a filler like Restylane to hold your skin in place while you heal) and over time your body would build collagen naturally and would fill in these scars.

Dermaroller would work in a similar fashion but for the less severe scars (but would be a treatment you'd do over your whole face). I do not recommend that you do home treatments though. Never try to treat your scars at home using invasive procedures. Check out www.Dermaroller.com or www.Dermaroller.de

Lastly, if you aren't already, wear sunscreen everyday! Even if it's cloudy. UV rays damage collagen and make our skin look so much worse. Even 5 minutes of sun exposure without sunscreen causes damage. Time to protect your skin big-time!

xx

MemberMember
(@ashleyt)

Posted : 06/02/2013 1:35 am

YES NO ONE IS 'EW'. People are here for help, not for insults. I am back because I am in this relentless fight against acne. It's demoralizing, humiliating in itself. Having someone point out the damn obvious, by being purely mean, is just childish and dumb. I suggest you look elsewhere for information. Sorry beings me back to those memory's in high school. And subcision would be your best bet. Good luck!

uhm actually there is such a thing as 'ew'; its when something doesnt look good. He posted pictures and asked for help so obviously he doesnt think its beautiful and gorgeous. Im just telling him the truth, its better then lying to him and telling him hes perfect. Anyways, back at the topic, i said TCA peels could work but they are harsh because it causes lots of peeling and redness and can really bleach your skin. I heard of people using dermarollers and saving great results....and i would recommend subcision for people with more severe scarring, but it would really help you if you got it.

Make an appointment with a few dermatologists, and make the best decision based on a professional opinion. Dont just trust one 'expert'.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 06/02/2013 1:48 am

uhm actually there is such a thing as 'ew'; its when something doesnt look good. He posted pictures and asked for help so obviously he doesnt think its beautiful and gorgeous. Im just telling him the truth, its better then lying to him and telling him hes perfect. Anyways, back at the topic, i said TCA peels could work but they are harsh because it causes lots of peeling and redness and can really bleach your skin. I heard of people using dermarollers and saving great results....and i would recommend subcision for people with more severe scarring, but it would really help you if you got it.

Make an appointment with a few dermatologists, and make the best decision based on a professional opinion. Dont just trust one 'expert'.

No, there is no such thing as "ew", not in a world where we're supportive and understanding of what someone else is going through. Be more tactful. People come here for help, not childish remarks that damage one's self esteem.

TCA peels would be okay if his scarring was not so deep. I would not recommend them at the moment as they will do nothing to improve the deeper scars (they are tethered to the lower layers of his skin). I do agree though that getting many opinions from derms and estheticians is excellent advice though.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/02/2013 4:33 am

i am amused by how some people think they are being honest or practical while others are "lying" and pretending to be sweet(i wonder how much will i get by being nice to people online) but in reality they r plain being insensitive and sometimes idiotic.

could be inexperience(being new here or something!) but if this scars are 'ew' then one needs check up.

p.s i dnt feel bad being rude here.sometimes its needed.

p.p.s learnt it here.

MemberMember
(@syn1122)

Posted : 06/02/2013 6:54 am

what you have is called rolling scars they are best treated by fraxel or subsission

youre lucky the scars you have can be very easily treated

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 06/02/2013 8:29 am

Fractional co2 and/or subcision and/or dermarolling.