Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Products/regimen Advice

MemberMember
(@slowpoke)

Posted : 05/28/2013 10:57 pm

I SPENT SO LONG ON THIS, SO PLEASE DON'T LEAVE smile.png!!! So I'm starting Accutane tomorrow or the next day and I'm so excited biggrin.png! I went to get my blood work today and sometime tomorrow I'll pick up the prescription. In the meantime, I've been trying to prepare for the dryness coming my way. Recently I've been using CeraVe Moisturzing Lotion to moisturize my skin, and I think i'll stick with it (but I might use the cream instead of the lotion). I don't like Cetaphil because it has been extremely greasy with my skin in the past, so I'll avoid using Cetaphil. But aside from that, I'd like to present you with the products I need help deciding between to use throughout my Accutane treatment. Lastly, I urge you to open up the links to see what I'm talking about; the lip moisturizer link for example has a collection of products I need help deciding between. I can assure you that the links are safe eusa_angel.gif.

Facial Cleanser: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser / CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser (HELP ME DECIDE WHICH ONE PLEASE!!!)

Facial Moisturizer: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion / CeraVe Moisturizing Cream (HELP ME DECIDE WHICH ONE PLEASE!!!)

Lip Moisturizer: Vaseline Lip Therapy (HELP ME DECIDE WHICH ONE PLEASE!!!)

Sunscreen: EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 (This product has tons of good reviews - check Amazon!)

So go ahead and tell me what you think! I'm trying to stick between these products. However, if you honestly have a really good suggestion or two (or more haha), please feel free to share! Thank you so much!

A bit more about myself:

Skin Type: Oily/Combination (at the moment); Dry (when I'm gonna be on Accutane); Afterwards, who knows unsure.png.

Skin Color: Fair

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/28/2013 11:51 pm

CeraVe foaming, CeraVe moisturizing cream, bag balm for the lips, sunscreen I like the one you mentioned. But CeraVe makes a a.m. Lotion with SPF 30 in it with no oily feeling. I love all CeraVe products, they are all I used on accutane and all I will use for the rest of my life. Best stuff around!

MemberMember
(@slowpoke)

Posted : 05/29/2013 9:48 am

CeraVe foaming, CeraVe moisturizing cream, bag balm for the lips, sunscreen I like the one you mentioned. But CeraVe makes a a.m. Lotion with SPF 30 in it with no oily feeling. I love all CeraVe products, they are all I used on accutane and all I will use for the rest of my life. Best stuff around!

Did you actually use the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser when you were on Accutane? Due to the high possibility of my skin becoming very dry during Accutane, I thought using the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser would be more suitable; CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser is "FOR NORMAL TO OILY SKIN" while CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is "FOR NORMAL TO DRY SKIN."

Will the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream make my skin look greasy and nasty like Cetaphil's? I've only used CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion.

I looked up Bag Balm and wow it has amazing reviews! Thanks for the recommendation; I'll have to give it a shot! Hopefully it'll be okay for my lips considering it was made for cows blink.png haha!

Thanks for your input; I'm looking forward to some more feedback sideways.gif!

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/29/2013 9:54 am

I used all the products I recommened while doing my accutane course. The hydrating cleanser some people feel doesn't clean your face as well and it doesn't foam up good. As far the the CeraVe cream you wouldn't have to worry about ever getting dry. That stuff is a dream! I love love love it! Bag balm was a heaven send too. Smells a tad funky but you get used to it and it helps a lot. Plus you get like a huge jar for 4 bucks. I think this thing will last me like 5 years of daily use

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 05/30/2013 11:31 am

I just started Acc, and used cerave foaming prior- but not its a bit to drying for me- but everyones skin reacts differently. I agree with bag balm for the lips. :)