Notifications
Clear all

Will My Skin Be "used To" Retin-A If I Use It Again?

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 05/28/2013 10:18 pm

I used retin-a for about a year or more and then stopped for a couple of months because my acne was clearing up. Then all of a sudden I got random breakouts everywhere after a few months and got retin-a from my derm again. Will my skin go through that stupid stage where your skin "gets used to" retin-a and you have a really bad outbreak, again? Or do you think it should be already used to it? Because I've been using it for a week again now and it seems fine.

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 05/28/2013 10:28 pm

I used retin-a for about a year or more and then stopped for a couple of months because my acne was clearing up. Then all of a sudden I got random breakouts everywhere after a few months and got retin-a from my derm again. Will my skin go through that stupid stage where your skin "gets used to" retin-a and you have a really bad outbreak, again? Or do you think it should be already used to it? Because I've been using it for a week again now and it seems fine.

Unfortunately there will probably be an initial breakout stage again as you re-continue the retin-a. Sorry :/

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 05/28/2013 10:41 pm

Oh, damn. lets hope not!

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/28/2013 11:19 pm

Well I was using epiduo for about 6 months and stopped for 2 started back up about 2 months ago and I didnt have another bad breakout like when I first started. You might be safe!