Notifications
Clear all

Just Really Need Good Advice

MemberMember
(@canadianguy1985)

Posted : 05/28/2013 1:58 pm

Hey, I've been here for a while just as a lurker but I officially need advice for myself now.

I have Rosacea and persistent acne. I didn't start getting acne until I was 22-23(I'm 28 now)

Basically I just cant seem to get rid of it. I eat healthy(no dairy/grain/sugar) I change my towels and pillowcases everyday,

I wash my face in the morning and at night with a cetaphil wash and use a Cerave Pm moisturizer after. I've been on Retin a Micro 0.4% for 3 months along with doxycycline. I used to have a problem with nodular acne as well and since the Retin/Doxy combo I can say I haven't had one since(Thank God!!) but I still have regular whiteheads and closed red pimples you can't pop.

The area is around my mouth and on my left cheek. Virtually I don't get acne any other place and I cant figure out why since I assume I have every base covered. Thanks for your replies in advance and please don't say "you need to be using insert facewash" or something along those lines because that's not the problem.

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 05/28/2013 4:16 pm

Heres my advice. Go on an anti-inflammatory diet. No dairy, grains, etc. Start washing your face with just cold water and a microfiber cloth to blot off the oil every day. Add in a cleanser every other night or so just to help get the grime off. Stop using retin-a (why the fuck do they have you on that?? you have rosacea?) lol. Keep taking the doxy till your topical regimen is under control. COnsider using short -term elidel for inflammation.

MemberMember
(@canadianguy1985)

Posted : 05/28/2013 4:36 pm

Believe it or not, the Retin A is actually working very good with my rosacea and makes it less noticeable.

MemberMember
(@norcalash)

Posted : 05/29/2013 12:25 am

could it possibly be your phone? do you talk holding your phone on that side of your face?

StephOC liked
MemberMember
(@canadianguy1985)

Posted : 05/29/2013 4:58 pm

I hold it on the other side which has clear skin and I clean my phone daily.

MemberMember
(@adavilla)

Posted : 05/29/2013 7:02 pm

Weird but true...

i drink 2tbsp of organic apple cider vinegar in 8 oz of water, it cleared mine up in a few days. Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@canadianguy1985)

Posted : 06/04/2013 2:27 pm

I've started adding 2 tbspn of organic apple cider vinegar to a bottle of water and drinking that after every meal, will see how that works out.

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/06/2013 4:49 am

Have you ever checked for hormonal imbalance ? I had acne for 4-5 years, did everything from diet and skin treatments and the main problem were my damn hormones !

MemberMember
(@brianadam)

Posted : 06/07/2013 6:12 am

Refer this complete post where you will get the best solution for your problem,,

MemberMember
(@canadianguy1985)

Posted : 06/07/2013 6:51 am

Can you explain more in detail about dealing with hormonal imbalance?

MemberMember
(@canadianguy1985)

Posted : 06/11/2013 9:32 am

bump