Notifications
Clear all

How Can We Accept It If We Are Constantly Fighting With It?

MemberMember
(@berserk)

Posted : 05/28/2013 12:32 pm

Khm. My acne is roughly 8 years old (15-24), and sometimes I just feel like giving up treating this nonsense, I think I have the strength to actually do that even though I have more severe type of acne. Treatments managed to get me somewhat clear but they all take something in return, plus you still have acne waiting in the shadows, so whats the point? - scars? Nope. I never scared before using harsh topicals every day. And my face dont really scar when I stop using them, topicals caused all my noticable scarring, Its like dermatologists dry out our skin, make it fragile on purpose to create scarring that many of you treat later in life, more $$$ for them. Btw dry skin can make you break out worse than ever too. Its not purging you get on accutane or when u use drying products, its clogging everything by dead skin. Whatever.

I could have been very good looking guy without this plague, but Im soooo grateful to clearly see all the hypocrisy in the world and people around me. Expecially in relationships with women. I care less about how I look, weird feeling after all those years hoping for clear skin. Maybe Im just giving up the fight a little, but Im feeling free at the same time. Accepting defeat feels relaxing. Fighting acne is exhausting, never ending cycle. I killed so much time trying to keep it under control, just thinking about it prevented me from paying attention to things I can control and enjoy for years. Every day is acne this acne that and future of my skin. Well, from now on, my skin can go to hell, Im done being dead and dont plan to live like that my whole life, fighting a meaningless losing battle, lost cause. Who cares how I look and what others think, in fact I love being diferrent in any way to frustrate the hell outta people lol.

What do you think about it, do you feel trapped, in chains, ever feel like saying fck it and just live freely?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/28/2013 1:12 pm

i understand ur frustration but i beg to differ considering my derma was a good one.(although she wasnt someone who went on talking about acne-diet connection OR about side effects of accutane!) but she still seems a bit liberal in terms of what she prescribes or suggests.

she asked me to avoid oily food and also keep my bowel system proper etc.

what i mean to say is, i would like to believe that there are good doctors still now.

to ur question,its not about being trapped mate.please dont get so disheartened.i know it does effect us mentally and emotionally ,not just physically.

u never know u may actually grow out of it.are u sure u have tried everything?

accutane is one choice.

how about diet and lifestyle?if u have done so much,why not give it some more mnths and see for urself.

i would like to provide u with some motivation.please check TREATACNE 's profile and go through her improvement through changes in diet,lifestyle and also see her attitude towards life,acne and both side-by-side.

i suggest u go through not only 'general acne discussions' but also other forums like 'diet & holistic living','shaving' (considering u r a guy), & 'emotional & psychological effects of acne'(check for motivational posts which will give u a boost).

let me know if i can help u in anyway.

just DO NOT GIVE UP now.

u have come this long ,trust me u can go on.

BUT,not just fighting acne with a feeling of being confined or trapped.

by living ur life with genuine people around and with a smile but meanwhile carry on the war with acne.

cheers mate!

MemberMember
(@stroking-out)

Posted : 05/28/2013 1:13 pm

Good Post!

I can really relate to it, I'd love to just think fuck it I'm acne prone, I'll do what I want and eat what I want! However I just don't have the will power or confidence. I've actually tried it before, when I started University. I thought fuck it I going to drink as much alcohol and eat as much junk food as everyone else... I did this for a few weeks. Then started my normal routine of no dairy and other "acne cures", I just couldn't stop breaking out, I literally had as least 20 whiteheads on my face at any one time. Lucky a few months later I saw a dermatologist and was put on accutane straight away.

It is a sad world we live, I personally think make-up should be banned on television. Can you imagine a majority of actors and actresses with spots, acne would be socially acceptable within WEEKS!!!!

MemberMember
(@mjri94)

Posted : 05/28/2013 6:08 pm

What do you think about it, do you feel trapped, in chains, ever feel like saying fck it and just live freely?

I always felt like I was being held back by my acne and like I could never reach my full potential. I tried the 'f*ck it I don't care anymore' method and it would last maybe a week at best until I would get another round of breakouts and go straight back to square one. I think its because of the way my acne would change in severity so often I couldn't be sure what my face would even look like every day I got out of bed...

Its because of this that I chose to go on 'tane and now and I'm glad of that cause I just can't accept living with acne.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/28/2013 6:34 pm

naw dont say fuck it. keep trying to treat it. worst thing you can do is ignore it. i kind of just forgot about it and tried to live a normal life with acne and now im all scarred up.

MemberMember
(@berserk)

Posted : 05/28/2013 7:55 pm

@aanabil

first of all, ty for taking your time to suggest some things

i checked Treatacne profile, its interesting but shes using b5 etc... i dont think its really healthy in the long run whatever the dose, Im trying to avoid pills as much as i can

shaving -hmmm im usually getting more serious acne on places where is no facial hair, except my forehead, which was always pretty clear

growing out of it? :D nah, i dont think so, If i ever do i would probably just wake up and realise it was just a dream lol

diet-i didnt do much, im just avoiding diary and some other things like citrus if i suspect they break me out, and i couldnt just give up on most food that average people eat, for various reasons

lifestyle-i could correct my sleeping habits, they are out of whack and good sleep is a must for health in general, my bmi is 19.5 and im somewhat thin, i could gain weight and exercise more, that... i can do, and probably will

@stroke out

yep, ultimate confidence is the key, it can be obtained through new and expanded outlook on life, after so much thinking and analzying your head explodes ka-bum and of you go on the permanent just dont give a fk mode xd

@MJRI94

feel ya, unpredictable roller coaster forever and ever sucking your life out because you hope you will be somewhat clear when things get better and then all of a sudden, new break out appears to say hello, you dont want that and hence the frustration

@Frank*L

like i sad, i only get real scarring (pitted etc) when using drying topicals, treating skin with bp for 3 years just made my skin super fragile and very prone to scarring (not just from acne, sometimes random), fukd up other things as well (bleached my bear for example), its not all about acne, there are other factors that cause that actual scars after your acne is gone, when you are not using anything your skin is healthier and heals better

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/29/2013 1:16 am

u mean vitamin b5.

multivitamins - vit b complex,zinc,vit c helps in many ways.

not to mention over production of oil is a big result of vitamin deficiency.

know ur body.

plus,as far as i know vitamin b or any other vitamin doesnt have much bad effect or over dose chances except for zinc.

plus continuation of zinc for atleast 9-10 yrs causes trouble.which we r nt asking u to do anyway.

as for diet - 'healthy' is very subjective.

what is healthy for me ,may/may not be healthy for u.

i am personally nt effected by gluten but many many here have been benefited by gluten-free diet.

many gets effected by citrus while others by night shade members.

so u need to take up elimination test and then select a diet meant for u.

treatacne has primarily solved her BIG issues(she had moderate-severe acne) by changes in daily diet,by avoiding certain things and detoxifying herself.

sleep,stress and exercising(or any activity just to maintain a steady blood flow and stay active THROUGH OUT THE DAY) is all responsible for acne or over all health.

CHECK FOR UR INSULIN LEVEL.

HAVE CINNAMON AFTER MEALS IF NECESSARY.

also,i would ask u to kindly work on ur approach.i understand ur frustration but please dnt give up.

and please change ur attitude toward this.

diet and lifestyle can help u,if u have nt yet explored this option.

so i would suggest u try.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 06/03/2013 3:14 am

Khm. My acne is roughly 8 years old (15-24), and sometimes I just feel like giving up treating this nonsense, I think I have the strength to actually do that even though I have more severe type of acne. Treatments managed to get me somewhat clear but they all take something in return, plus you still have acne waiting in the shadows, so whats the point? - scars? Nope. I never scared before using harsh topicals every day. And my face dont really scar when I stop using them, topicals caused all my noticable scarring, Its like dermatologists dry out our skin, make it fragile on purpose to create scarring that many of you treat later in life, more $$$ for them. Btw dry skin can make you break out worse than ever too. Its not purging you get on accutane or when u use drying products, its clogging everything by dead skin. Whatever.

I could have been very good looking guy without this plague, but Im soooo grateful to clearly see all the hypocrisy in the world and people around me. Expecially in relationships with women. I care less about how I look, weird feeling after all those years hoping for clear skin. Maybe Im just giving up the fight a little, but Im feeling free at the same time. Accepting defeat feels relaxing. Fighting acne is exhausting, never ending cycle. I killed so much time trying to keep it under control, just thinking about it prevented me from paying attention to things I can control and enjoy for years. Every day is acne this acne that and future of my skin. Well, from now on, my skin can go to hell, Im done being dead and dont plan to live like that my whole life, fighting a meaningless losing battle, lost cause. Who cares how I look and what others think, in fact I love being diferrent in any way to frustrate the hell outta people lol.

Just give up on obessively trying to treat it. Nothing you do will ever work, accept that. Acne is in the genes and it will only "end" when it's ready to go away on it's own. And it will go away one day even if it takes till the mid 20's or 30's the sebum production will eventually slow down at one point and the strain will weaken and then disappear.

Live life and don't worry about your skin Accept that what you can't control. It's not your fault, stop waging an exhausting endless battle againt this condition - that will get you nowhere but mental illness.

MemberMember
(@cyberpile)

Posted : 06/03/2013 5:17 am

Worrying about acne can make you depressed but so can worrying about exams. Is it going to motivate you to do something productive?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/03/2013 8:03 am

Just give up on obessively trying to treat it. Nothing you do will ever work, accept that. Acne is in the genes and it will only "end" when it's ready to go away on it's own. And it will go away one day even if it takes till the mid 20's or 30's the sebum production will eventually slow down at one point and the strain will weaken and then disappear.

Live life and don't worry about your skin Accept that what you can't control. It's not your fault, stop waging an exhausting endless battle againt this condition - that will get you nowhere but mental illness.

the 1st para is only applicable if u have acne issues from DIRECT hormone imbalance(untreated) or if its for DIRECT topical issues(like bacterial growth,sebum production etc).

there is no guarantee ur acne will go away in ur 20s or 30s but yes,its a probable case.

those with adult acne beyond 25/27 tends to remain for a long time.

also,its if diet related or fungal or due to some intolerance(be it topical or gut-wise) u will have to get it 'treated or/and healed'.

yes.

obsession is wrong and obviously unwanted.

but that drive to find a cure and to stick to one process is needed.

what we all worry about is how am looking and what people will think and it seems implausible to lessen the rate of doing so.

but its a fact that more concern should be allotted to treatment(which ever method u take up).

MemberMember
(@adayinthelife)

Posted : 06/14/2013 7:21 am

Yes! I've been thinking lately that I have to stop waiting for my troubles to disappear to live my life, this is a strange and uncertain time for me, and it has taken me to some very dark places but still, why does that mean I can't enjoy myself. I don't know when my skin problems are going to be resolved but I think Ill eventually get my life back on track, I've been thinking just stop trying to fight all of your emotions and just do! Go out, Speak infront of other people, make good eye contact, if you treat the situation the right way you can forget your skin, sure it's hard but i think it's worth trying. Be alone helps too, its nice to know your not in the spotlight being judged by others.

MemberMember
(@cvd)

Posted : 06/22/2013 7:17 pm

I'm way older than most of you and have struggled with acne for decades. It may never go away...but hopefully it will for you! What changed for me was the way I think about things. For years I struggled with acne and took accutane, etc. Then I went natural in my 30's and my skin went beserk. It was hell. I made my way slowly back to perscription meds...mainly because I just couldn't take how I felt about my skin anymore. I don't care what anyone says...acne is hell to live with in a culture that is so obsessed with perfect skin. Women have it the worst. Every single magazine out there shows women with flawless skin...down to the pores...perfectly flawless. It doesn't matter if it is airbrushed because this is the ideal. Anything less is seen as imperfect. And don't get me started on all of the remedies and advice in magazines. For real acne sufferers this is bogus advice. That advice is for nordic blond women who have dry skin with one pimple a couple times a year. Over time I have more or less come to a place of acceptance. I still freak out about getting flare-ups...although they are generally very mild. But what I have to do to stay clear is really complicated (see below). It takes a lot of diligence to follow. It works but at a price. And yet I guess things could be worse. I am lucky in that I don't suffer from any other chronic diseases. Personally I think that when acne continues into adulthood then it is like any other chronic disease. I just wish people understood that.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/24/2013 3:35 pm

For now i feel like accepting my acne.Just live life like others do.Not stressing over trifles like changing a towel every alternate day,following a regimen,looking in the mirror umpteen times ....blah.