Notifications
Clear all

What Kind Of Acne Is This? (Pictures Included)

MemberMember
(@bluegreeneyed)

Posted : 05/27/2013 9:59 pm

hey guys! i have some pictures here to show you guys-i was wondering if yall knew what sort of acne this is and if you knew any remedies for it. I have been to the dermatologist with no luck with any of the treatements they give me especially on my forehead! i have all these tiny flesh colored bumps (sometimes red) that just never go away. im thinking from peoples pictures here that its pityrosporum folliculitis? Also i get alot of breakouts on my cheaks also that never go away, and i have a few flesh colored bumps in the chin area..I use Ziana and its not really working, also BP with little help, it irritates my skin and makes it red. This is such a never ending cycle. Im 23 and just want it to go away by now whistling.gif( (sorry i look like a weirdo in these pictures, dont judge :-P)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/28/2013 1:33 am

i hardly see anything.

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 05/28/2013 1:37 am

You look beautiful, not weird at all :). I get the same bumps. I don't think it's that follicular fungus. It's closed comedones. Steaming the skin and very gentle exfoliation has helped mine. Chemical exfoliation is also an option too, AHA's, salicylic acid, enzyme masks etc.

One of the causes could be not removing makeup properly. Now I make sure I use a makeup remover wipe and then cleanse my skin, or double cleanse. Hormones also can cause this :(!

MemberMember
(@bluegreeneyed)

Posted : 05/28/2013 1:54 am

You look beautiful, not weird at all :). I get the same bumps. I don't think it's that follicular fungus. It's closed comedones. Steaming the skin and very gentle exfoliation has helped mine. Chemical exfoliation is also an option too, AHA's, salicylic acid, enzyme masks etc.

One of the causes could be not removing makeup properly. Now I make sure I use a makeup remover wipe and then cleanse my skin, or double cleanse. Hormones also can cause this :(!

Yeah I was thinking it may be cosmetic acne? How do I do the chemical exfoliation? Do I do this at home & buy it at a store or do I go somewhere to do this? Ha sorry I'm clueless :) I'm not sure if its hormonal or not:(

i hardly see anything.

It's not horrible, it's just stubborn and won't budge..so frustrating.

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 05/28/2013 2:18 am

Chemical exfoliation is achieved using products containing AHA's and BHA's. Think of the chemicals like little pacmen, they eat up the dead skin cells. Mechanical exfoliation which you see with your scrubs contain fine beads which physically rub off the dead skin cells. If you have an active pimple with a head this can be bad as it breaks the top off and spreads the infection around your face! The chemical exfoliants are applied like a masque and rinsed off which is much kinder to active pimples. Although mechanical exfoliation should be fine on your acne as it's closed. I'd be very gentle though, there's no need to scrub hard and always choose a product with very small beads, large beads like you see in that St Ives Apricot Scrub can actually cause Rosacea as the harsh beads can burst blood vessels in the skin.

You do exfoliation at home (you can go to a salon if you want to but will cost you a lot for one facial treatment!). I can't think of too many chemical exfoliant products off the top of my head. In my cupboard I have "Elemis Tri Enzyme Resurfacing Gel" and "Collin Phyco Radiance Treatment" The Collin I picked up from an obscure beauty clinic years ago, it's quite hard to find. Any Enzyme masque should work!

Here's some more info:

http://www.dermalinstitute.com/us/library/20_article_Methods_of_Exfoliation.html

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/28/2013 4:11 am

a salicylic acid wash used regularly will help heal the clogged pores but it will take time.

peels use SA of higher concentration but works faster.

for healing in a mild way and for prevention in future,i always suggest a wash on regular basis.

MemberMember
(@bluegreeneyed)

Posted : 05/28/2013 12:00 pm

Chemical exfoliation is achieved using products containing AHA's and BHA's. Think of the chemicals like little pacmen, they eat up the dead skin cells. Mechanical exfoliation which you see with your scrubs contain fine beads which physically rub off the dead skin cells. If you have an active pimple with a head this can be bad as it breaks the top off and spreads the infection around your face! The chemical exfoliants are applied like a masque and rinsed off which is much kinder to active pimples. Although mechanical exfoliation should be fine on your acne as it's closed. I'd be very gentle though, there's no need to scrub hard and always choose a product with very small beads, large beads like you see in that St Ives Apricot Scrub can actually cause Rosacea as the harsh beads can burst blood vessels in the skin.

You do exfoliation at home (you can go to a salon if you want to but will cost you a lot for one facial treatment!). I can't think of too many chemical exfoliant products off the top of my head. In my cupboard I have "Elemis Tri Enzyme Resurfacing Gel" and "Collin Phyco Radiance Treatment" The Collin I picked up from an obscure beauty clinic years ago, it's quite hard to find. Any Enzyme masque should work!

Here's some more info:

http://www.dermalinstitute.com/us/library/20_article_Methods_of_Exfoliation.html

Is this it right here at nordstroms? its so expensive geez! i canr really afford that at the moment lol. http://m.nordstrom.com/s/3035139/?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=skin%2fbody_treatmentreferralID=1a091b0a-c7b7-11e2-9dea-001b2166becc

What about this neutrogena oil free acne wash pink grapefruit scrub? It says it has max strength SA in it

http://m.ulta.com/mt/www.ulta.com//ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2214955&productId=xlsImpprod1940045&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat80182#details

a salicylic acid wash used regularly will help heal the clogged pores but it will take time.

for healing in a mild way and for prevention in future,i always suggest a wash on regular basis.

A wash on a regular basis with SA in it? Would you recommend I wash with my regular cetaphil cleanser in the morning and then at night with the SA cleanser to remove makeup and buildup better?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/28/2013 1:01 pm

Here's some more info:

Is this it right here at nordstroms? its so expensive geez! i canr really afford that at the moment lol. http://m.nordstrom.com/s/3035139/?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=skin%2fbody_treatmentreferralID=1a091b0a-c7b7-11e2-9dea-001b2166becc

What about this neutrogena oil free acne wash pink grapefruit scrub? It says it has max strength SA in it

http://m.ulta.com/mt/www.ulta.com//ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2214955&productId=xlsImpprod1940045&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat80182#details

>a salicylic acid wash used regularly will help heal the clogged pores but it will take time.

A wash on a regular basis with SA in it? Would you recommend I wash with my regular cetaphil cleanser in the morning and then at night with the SA cleanser to remove makeup and buildup better?

have u been using cetaphil cleanser forever?

as far as i know(from what i've seen on this forum),cetaphil doesnt work for many.infact,many have disliked it for more than one reason.

i personally use my SA foaming wash (1%) twice daily.before i go to bed and the 1st thing after i get up in the morning.

thats what my doctor asked me to do.

considering i live it a hot & humid place(its summer mnths now).

what's the weather like?

do u feel dry or alright through out the day and /or after washing?

MemberMember
(@bluegreeneyed)

Posted : 05/28/2013 3:40 pm

Here's some more info:

>a salicylic acid wash used regularly will help heal the clogged pores but it will take time.

have u been using cetaphil cleanser forever?

as far as i know(from what i've seen on this forum),cetaphil doesnt work for many.infact,many have disliked it for more than one reason.

i personally use my SA foaming wash (1%) twice daily.before i go to bed and the 1st thing after i get up in the morning.

thats what my doctor asked me to do.

considering i live it a hot & humid place(its summer mnths now).

what's the weather like?

do u feel dry or alright through out the day and /or after washing?

Yes that's what my derm recommended me. I live in Texas so this summer it will get up to 112 where I am so it's really hot ! After I wash my face it feels tight and somewhat dry but after I apply moisturizer it's fine but it gets super oily throughout the day

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 05/28/2013 10:46 pm

Sorry I'm stalking your posts! You are gorgeous! What pretty eyes. :)

The cream cleanser I told you about has SA in it. I don't think I mentioned that.

Honestly, I'm with Aanabil- I would stop using cetaphil altogether. I know we are all different, but that seems to be a common thing on here. If you've been using it for a long time and you still have the acne on your cheeks (which isn't terrible, but that's from an outsider. WE have to look at our skin everyday, so I know the feeling) then it's time to make a change.

For me a SA cream cleanser (which has a low dose of SA) and then light bp works well. But not the other way around. BP cleansers tear up my skin and SA gel spot treatment does nothing. Very strange. I would watch it going with max dose of SA. Start smaller. And I have to repeat myself on the bubbles thing-you and I have very similar skin types and cleansers that suds up are so damaging for me. I end up with blackheads, whiteheads, cystic and a lot of redness. I've tried all the gentle ones too, but they are still to harsh for me. Which is very frustrating when you're trying to get rid of oil.

I second Madeleine's advice. You have sensitive skin, so careful with scrubs or cleansers with beads. (They destroy my skin) but I'm very happy with the Glycolic cream I used. Thin layer under moisturizer at night. Reviva. Found it at the vitamin shoppe.

Also, for a bit of inflammation, I recommend aloe vera juice. This helped with my redness very well. (Also helped with oil.)

I'm sure you've read all the little tips, but I want to write them anyway in case you haven't seen them-

Keep your hands off your face. Mom was right when she gave me this advice. I only touch my face while washing and applying make up. My friends tease me because if i have an itch, I use the ends of my hair to scratch it! I don't even rest my chin on the top of my hand. Hands off at all times. I'm crazy strict about this.

Phones-Don't hold it with your ear to your shoulder. This is why i love my bluetooth for the car. If you do get face oil on your phone, just swipe the phone on your pants. Works for me. :) But i'm careful at work too. Other people use my phone and I don't want their face oil (ick) on mine.

Pillowcase-switch it around at least 4 times if you lay on the same spot and then wash it.

With the cream cleanser, you can really wash well. Really massage and get the make up out of your pores. I really feel that a proper washing technique is better than using a harsh cleanser that you have to rinse off quickly because it hurts. With that said though, I would give the foaming wash with SA that was recommended by Aanabil as well. See which one makes your skin feel better and completely clean.

If the chemical exfoliants are too much, just use lemon juice from a lemon after you cleanse. Also, drink lemon water. Great detoxifier for me since I have a touchy stomach. I squeeze half the lemon into a tall kitchen glass of water at night and the other half I squeeze into a dish and apply it with a cotton round. Also, I take a q tip and dab it onto stubborn spots after my bp has dried. And the best part, lemons are super cheap. If you don't use all of the half lemon, throw it into a ziploc and use the rest the next night.

I just read another post on oil pulling-my sis in law told me about this and I thought it was a little silly, but I think I'm going to try it. Worth a shot.

MemberMember
(@leitot)

Posted : 05/29/2013 9:14 am

Aana, what wash do you use? I am looking for a new one with 1% SA. I used to use Philosophy but that has hydrogen peroxide in it and I am worried about free radicals. I also cannot use anything with fragrance as I have sensitive skin.

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 05/29/2013 9:40 am

Mild acne, perhaps even serb dermatitis? Maybey your over irritating your skin?, i would get back to basics and try and avoid using too many products

- dem eyes but :o

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/29/2013 10:00 am

Aana, what wash do you use? I am looking for a new one with 1% SA. I used to use Philosophy but that has hydrogen peroxide in it and I am worried about free radicals. I also cannot use anything with fragrance as I have sensitive skin.

i use saslic foaming face wash.its got 1% SA.

its pH balanced (5.5)

there's another one saslic DS 2%SA but i've not found the need to increase the concentration.

its not too drying btw!

MemberMember
(@leitot)

Posted : 05/29/2013 10:05 am

its pH balanced (5.5)

there's another one saslic DS 2%SA but i've not found the need to increase the concentration.

its not too drying btw!

Thank you so much Aana. It looks like it is sold mainly in India but I'm going to find a way to get my hands on it for sure! Do you mind posting the ingredients on your bottle? I cannot find them online. It would be such a help if you can. Thank you :)

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 05/29/2013 10:06 am

At the moment I am using Clarins exfoliator hun. It helps a lot. Also I bought clay mask from Clarins... it is pricey but it is good!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/29/2013 10:19 am

its pH balanced (5.5)

its not too drying btw!

Thank you so much Aana. It looks like it is sold mainly in India but I'm going to find a way to get my hands on it for sure! Do you mind posting the ingredients on your bottle? I cannot find them online. It would be such a help if you can. Thank you smile.png

actually,it only says 1% SA.

it doesnt have any fragnance.i've been using it more more than 3 months now.

dont u get any SA wash there?

whats the weather there?

i found a few sites which does ship products.i'll PM u if u want.

btw,we r actually hijacking the post i guess.sorry about that.

we can PM instead(if its anything not related to this post).

MemberMember
(@leitot)

Posted : 05/29/2013 10:22 am

its pH balanced (5.5)

its not too drying btw!

Thank you so much Aana. It looks like it is sold mainly in India but I'm going to find a way to get my hands on it for sure! Do you mind posting the ingredients on your bottle? I cannot find them online. It would be such a help if you can. Thank you smile.png

whats the weather there?

Yes, please PM me. Sorry OP for hijacking :) But I do have kind of the same issue but my bumps are on my right temple. My sister tells me it looks like a heat rash. I am going to the derm to check to make sure it is not fungal etc.

MemberMember
(@bluegreeneyed)

Posted : 05/29/2013 12:30 pm

Sorry I'm stalking your posts! You are gorgeous! What pretty eyes. :)

The cream cleanser I told you about has SA in it. I don't think I mentioned that.

Honestly, I'm with Aanabil- I would stop using cetaphil altogether. I know we are all different, but that seems to be a common thing on here. If you've been using it for a long time and you still have the acne on your cheeks (which isn't terrible, but that's from an outsider. WE have to look at our skin everyday, so I know the feeling) then it's time to make a change.

For me a SA cream cleanser (which has a low dose of SA) and then light bp works well. But not the other way around. BP cleansers tear up my skin and SA gel spot treatment does nothing. Very strange. I would watch it going with max dose of SA. Start smaller. And I have to repeat myself on the bubbles thing-you and I have very similar skin types and cleansers that suds up are so damaging for me. I end up with blackheads, whiteheads, cystic and a lot of redness. I've tried all the gentle ones too, but they are still to harsh for me. Which is very frustrating when you're trying to get rid of oil.

I second Madeleine's advice. You have sensitive skin, so careful with scrubs or cleansers with beads. (They destroy my skin) but I'm very happy with the Glycolic cream I used. Thin layer under moisturizer at night. Reviva. Found it at the vitamin shoppe.

Also, for a bit of inflammation, I recommend aloe vera juice. This helped with my redness very well. (Also helped with oil.)

I'm sure you've read all the little tips, but I want to write them anyway in case you haven't seen them-

Keep your hands off your face. Mom was right when she gave me this advice. I only touch my face while washing and applying make up. My friends tease me because if i have an itch, I use the ends of my hair to scratch it! I don't even rest my chin on the top of my hand. Hands off at all times. I'm crazy strict about this.

Phones-Don't hold it with your ear to your shoulder. This is why i love my bluetooth for the car. If you do get face oil on your phone, just swipe the phone on your pants. Works for me. :) But i'm careful at work too. Other people use my phone and I don't want their face oil (ick) on mine.

Pillowcase-switch it around at least 4 times if you lay on the same spot and then wash it.

With the cream cleanser, you can really wash well. Really massage and get the make up out of your pores. I really feel that a proper washing technique is better than using a harsh cleanser that you have to rinse off quickly because it hurts. With that said though, I would give the foaming wash with SA that was recommended by Aanabil as well. See which one makes your skin feel better and completely clean.

If the chemical exfoliants are too much, just use lemon juice from a lemon after you cleanse. Also, drink lemon water. Great detoxifier for me since I have a touchy stomach. I squeeze half the lemon into a tall kitchen glass of water at night and the other half I squeeze into a dish and apply it with a cotton round. Also, I take a q tip and dab it onto stubborn spots after my bp has dried. And the best part, lemons are super cheap. If you don't use all of the half lemon, throw it into a ziploc and use the rest the next night.

I just read another post on oil pulling-my sis in law told me about this and I thought it was a little silly, but I think I'm going to try it. Worth a shot.

Thank you:)I just bought a fave wash from Neutrogena the acne stress control w/ SA in it and I feel like I woke up with more bumps then when I just use my Cetaphil:(

I dunno if its the brand or what? What do you think?

With the pillow-I was thinking do you think buying a silk pillowcase would be better for people with acne than a regular cotton? I feel like it wouldn't irritate our skin as much and stuff doesn't get all stuck up in it like cotton..do you think?

Cool! I love lemon water:) I'm really crazy about drinking water throughout the day so ill just add some lemon to it:)

its pH balanced (5.5)

its not too drying btw!

Ana-is this the one you use? http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/Saslic_Foaming_Face_Wash_Salicylic_Acid__1_60mL_p_1789.html

And I swear (I could be paranoid) but after I used that Indian Aztec clay mask I feel like I broke out wayyyy more than I used to in those small bumps on my forehead and cheeks..it got such great reviews also from alot of people so I was hoping it would work for me..so discouraging. So that leads me to believe my skin is sensitive?

Mild acne, perhaps even serb dermatitis? Maybey your over irritating your skin?, i would get back to basics and try and avoid using too many products

- dem eyes but :o

I don't think I have seb derm. No derm has ever said that to me. They just say I have mild/moderate acne:( yeah I think with me if I over use products it just irritates my skin even more!

its pH balanced (5.5)

its not too drying btw!

whats the weather there?

Yes, please PM me. Sorry OP for hijacking :) But I do have kind of the same issue but my bumps are on my right temple. My sister tells me it looks like a heat rash. I am going to the derm to check to make sure it is not fungal etc.

It's fine:) thinking about using that face wash also

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/29/2013 12:52 pm

i have heard of that clay but for some reason i dnt like the whole theory of using clay mask.

using simple logic,i work on whether its clogged pores or whether its due to over growth of bacteria.or sebum production in both cases.

so,i've never really thought of using those.

i also avoid any kind of mask(be it homemade or otherwise) because even natural stuff can break us out or irritate skin - if we r intolerant.

u can check my post on lemon.

i'd bought sandalwood powder and fullers earth a few years ago in readymade packets.

and they broke me out(thats what i felt) - now that could be because the packets ones aint natural or pure.but in any case!

yes,thats the one.

but the method of application mentioned is different.

they are indicating use of other soap or shampoo after saslic but its ideally used as a wash itself.

if u plan to get one,let me know .i'll tell u the method i use(as asked by my derma).

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 05/29/2013 6:54 pm

I looked up the acne stress control and I don't think I could use that one. Looking at the ingredients, it appears to be for pretty tough acne. It has glycolic acid in and while I love the glycolic night cream I got, I don't think my skin could handle a dose everyday twice a day. Also, there are several dyes in that one and I don't do well with that. But that's just me, you should always try a cleanser for at least a few days to see if your skin starts to like it. For topicals or creams, it takes longer than that.

I believe that sensitive skin is more of an issue than my acne. Of course I always want to make sure I'm treating my acne, but everything that's a little more aggressive for acne, ends up disrupting my skin sensitivities. And if my skin is inflamed or hurting, then my acne gets worse. I would treat your sensitive skin first. A calm face is a happier face. And that's too bad about the mask, it's like a pore purging miracle for me. But only once every 10-14 days or even just once a month. I have to be careful with it otherwise It think I would be red for days!

The silk pillow case-I was actually thinking about this too! I would like to try it out since I hear it's great for hair as well. It's said to be less absorbent. I guess people think that it won't steal some of our natural oils. Makes sense I think?

Yes, enjoy your crisp lemon water! Lemons for me are a godsend! Having sensitive skin and a sensitive intestinal tract-I'm so grateful that they are available year round and super cheap. Skin, hair, body-I have just really had good luck using lemons all together. :)

And actually, I'm glad you guys "hijacked" the post there for a bit :) -made me think of something. Bluegreeneyed-a few years ago, I had a fungal infection on my cheeks and my regular doctor prescribed me Nystatin cream. It was gone in two days. Maybe you can ask a doctor about that if you haven't already?

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 05/29/2013 7:46 pm

Mhhh... Doesnt seem like many actually pimples, but i do see dark marks/post acne marks. Thats all i can tell from the picture. :)

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 05/30/2013 2:23 am

Here's some more info:

That is the product yes, I used to have money. Luckily I have a bathroom stocked full of products to last me until I find another job haha. My bathroom is overflowing with all my crap...Poor boyfriend gets one tiny shelf for his stuff :P!

I have tried that oil-free acne wash before but found it really drying so if you are going to use it, make sure you moisturize well.

MemberMember
(@bluegreeneyed)

Posted : 05/31/2013 6:49 pm

I looked up the acne stress control and I don't think I could use that one. Looking at the ingredients, it appears to be for pretty tough acne. It has glycolic acid in and while I love the glycolic night cream I got, I don't think my skin could handle a dose everyday twice a day. Also, there are several dyes in that one and I don't do well with that. But that's just me, you should always try a cleanser for at least a few days to see if your skin starts to like it. For topicals or creams, it takes longer than that.

I believe that sensitive skin is more of an issue than my acne. Of course I always want to make sure I'm treating my acne, but everything that's a little more aggressive for acne, ends up disrupting my skin sensitivities. And if my skin is inflamed or hurting, then my acne gets worse. I would treat your sensitive skin first. A calm face is a happier face. And that's too bad about the mask, it's like a pore purging miracle for me. But only once every 10-14 days or even just once a month. I have to be careful with it otherwise It think I would be red for days!

The silk pillow case-I was actually thinking about this too! I would like to try it out since I hear it's great for hair as well. It's said to be less absorbent. I guess people think that it won't steal some of our natural oils. Makes sense I think?

Yes, enjoy your crisp lemon water! Lemons for me are a godsend! Having sensitive skin and a sensitive intestinal tract-I'm so grateful that they are available year round and super cheap. Skin, hair, body-I have just really had good luck using lemons all together. :)

And actually, I'm glad you guys "hijacked" the post there for a bit :) -made me think of something. Bluegreeneyed-a few years ago, I had a fungal infection on my cheeks and my regular doctor prescribed me Nystatin cream. It was gone in two days. Maybe you can ask a doctor about that if you haven't already?

I'm not sure if its fungal or not, or cosmetic acne..gr! My derm never did any skin tests to see if it was fungal, she just prescribed me an anti biotic which didn't get rid on the bumps on my forehead..so maybe that means its fungal related? & not bacteria related? I don't know if I'm making sense because I don't fully understand it lol. But I know I have had these bumps on my forehead for a long time now..since I was about 13? So I know it's not cosmetic acne

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 06/01/2013 4:23 am

Hmmm, i see your frustration. I recently dealt with forehead bumps. Painless, itchless, but never came to a head either. I didnt really think it was even acne. For me, it ended up being an issue with trying to discontinue benzoyl peroxide and also an allergic reaction to some of the natural products i was trying.

The thing with cosmetic acne- yours could be. :( Our bodies change so drastically from one year to the next. When i was in highschool, i could wear foundation or powder no problem. But as i got older, my endo and pcos got worse. My cycle got all crazy and the oily skin just kept coming. Also, allergies. I had ZERO problems with perfumes and soaps and grass in high school, then all of a sudden i got rashes from dryer sheets, i had to switch to baby body wash for weird soap irritation and face powder started giving me major trouble. I tried a whole bunch of brands, mineral, natural, liquid, cream to powder ugh....it was exhausting. I finally had to accept the fact that all over makeup was no longer an option. I found products that helped with my tone and just learned to accept that my natural complexion was pretty enough. Which was hard, but eventually i got compliments for having clear skin and people could tell there was no foundation of any kind on my skin. I never have to worry about looking TOO matte, or too cakey. Theres no powder to settle into pores and fine lines and having super simple makeup (blush, mascara, and concealer only) is great. Doesnt take too long and i dont have 18 brushes in a drawer taking up space. And i never have to worry about that makeup jaw line all us girls notice on other girls because our bathroom lighting is so different than lighting at work or school. I realize this is a pretty aggressive outlook on excessive or unnecessary makeup, but because of my skin type, i have to accept that things for me are very different than my friends who have normal non acne prone skin. But, with that said, ill never discount advice from friends or their recommendations since eveything is always worth a chance. I mean, my makeup was recommended by a friend and it was the best switch i ever made. A friend and a girl on here made me aware of BB cream. I was so excited to try it but didnt work for me at all and i broke out. Also, it didnt do anything to cover up old acne marks and my oil poured right through it within an hour, but at least i gave it a shot. Everything is ALWAYS worth at least one substantial chance.

My mom warned me of all the fun changes that happen as we get older, but i guess i didnt truly know what i was in for.

I kind of doubt yours is fungal but at least ask the doc. On here and from doctors and friends we learn all the 8474 causes of acne and/or oily skin.

Water intake, diet, vitamin deficiencies, sleep habits, weather, stress, hormones, exercise, cosmetics, cleansers, lotions, topicals, antibiotics, immune issues, intestinal issues, fungal, bacterial, genetics....the list is endless. All you can do is attack each one and make sure youre on the right track and when you feel comfortable ruling it out, move on to the next. If the products you have been using forever arent working and you keep having skin issues, try replacing each thing with something else for a substantial amount of time. The thing that sucks with this is learning the difference between a reaction, a break out, and an adjustment period. I dont know if i completely believe in the theory of "purging" but there is def a period where i had no idea what the hell was wrong with my skin. The allergic reaction became the easiest thing to spot and i was able to discontinue use faster and get to the next thing to try.

I made the mistake of trying an entire new line of products all at once. I probably should have tried one thing at a time so i could better pinpoint an issue. It got to the point of using so many new things, i had no idea which one was causing what. I thought of maybe ditching everything but a cleanser. Just getting back to basics since my bathroom drawer was filling up pretty quickly but that was a scary idea.

One thing is for sure, you WILL figure this out. And we are all here to help. Just stay as positive as you can. :)

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 06/03/2013 4:41 am

Oilygirl1980 I agree. I am suddenly allergic to everything too sad.png! Garnier body lotion I used to use with no problem at all now leaves me with an itchy rash! I have swapped to a body wash designed for people with eczema and am doing a lot better. My neck seems to have a bumpy rash atm and I don't know what to do sad.png!

Bluegreeneyed what products did your derm give you to try? Just anti biotic cream or did it have benzoyl peroxide in it too? Have you just tried salicyic acid. Oh and if you go and get a professional facial they can usually remove these forehead bumps in your facial. Atleast I found that it seems to. Only problem is a good facial is quite pricey sad.png! My esthetician uses 'scaling fluid' by dermalogica and does extractions. Although I haven't been in about 6 months cos I unfortunately have other priorities with my expenditures!