Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Diary & Pics (Absorica!) ( Leggo)

MemberMember
(@ladolcevita95)

Posted : 05/26/2013 7:41 pm

My journey to clear skin began in 8th grade; I am now going to 12th. Throughout the years, I've tried atleast 20

drugstore products (Clearasil, Neutrogena, Clean& Clear, PURPOSE, etc), Pro-active, Aczone, Differin, Epi-duo gel, Tazorac, 10% Benzoyl Peroxide washes, Triaz, Doxycycline, Minocycline, Solodyn, Doroyx, Monodox, Prednisolone, Clindamycin phosphate lotion, hollistic diet approaches, detox diets, etc. Now I'm on to Accutane as a last resort.

Last summer my skin cleared up completely when I was on the anti-biotic, Doroyx, and Tazorac (topical retinoid). Here's a picture of me with no foundation However, shortly after I got off, the acne came back worse than ever before.

1 Week Accutane

I take the generic form, Absorica 30 mg. I've been experiencing more break-outs than normal, but nothing too bad. I haven't experienced any dryness yet. I've been drinking over a gallon of water per day, and I feel like this really helps. For my lips, I've been using Bag Balm, and they don't feel dry at all! Bag Balm is a million times better than the acclaimed Aquaphor, in my opinion. For my face, I've been using Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream in the big tub packaging. So far, everything's going pretty good. 19 more weeks to go (:

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 05/26/2013 9:03 pm

Good luck! Im nearlly reaching the 6 month mark, and I have two months to go!!!

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/26/2013 9:25 pm

Good luck! Youll love the results!

MemberMember
(@sergius)

Posted : 05/27/2013 12:00 am

Good luck. I have the same story. Doryx cleared things up for me beautifully but then quit working and I was at my worst point yet. Now I'm on my second week of Absorica, but my dosage is twice yours so my side effects kicked in pretty quickly. Best of luck to you.

MemberMember
(@ladolcevita95)

Posted : 05/27/2013 12:17 pm

Thank you for the support! We'll get through this (: & Glad you're clear now CWR24! Gives me hope that accutane will work!

Day 8 Accutane

Side Effects

• 3 pimples on my jawline. Pimples that were close to going away before accutane are now active.
  • My skintone has changed. I used to have an olive complexion/yellow undertone, but now I'm sooo pink and have a red undertone everywhere. I'm really hoping my skintone will revert to normal once I'm done with accutane.
  • NO DRYNESS YET :D Haha I feel like I've discovered the cure to dryness! (Will list below)

Day Routine

• Wash face with Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser
  • Use Elta MD UV Clear SPF 46
  • Apply Nivea Kiss of Smoothness lipbalm

Night Routine

• Apply Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
  • Apply Bag Balm to lips (I only use it at night due to the weird smell)

Make-Up

I stopped wearing make-up for the past 2 months just to see if it would help (No improvement)

• Occasionally, I use Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Hazelnut Beige
  • Make Up Forever Concealer HD Invisible Cover in 350 for under-eyes (This has a salmon color to it which is great to cancel out darkness)

Herbal/Hollistic Approaches

• I drink atleast 1.5 gallons of water to prevent dryness
  • I drink 2 cups of spearmint tea. Spearmint tea helps lower the androgen level in males and females. Androgens are male hormones that occur in both sexes. Hormonal imbalances and androgens can contribute to acne by stimulating the oil glands to produce excess oil.
  • I take two 1000 mg of Salmon Oil supplements. Salmon Oil supplements can help keep the body hydrated. It has also been noted they help with joint pain and giving the skin a more smoother, radiant appearance over time.
  • I take Accutane (Absorica) with a cup of Oikos Greek Yogurt. Taking Accutane with a fat helps the medicine absorb better. Other than this, I have completely cut out dairy from my diet.
MemberMember
(@lukatoll)

Posted : 05/28/2013 12:11 am

Good luck on your accurate journey! I have a week left until I'm done with month 2 and am very excited to start month three because apparently that's when all the big changes happen! But it flew by quick and it will for you too!

MemberMember
(@ladolcevita95)

Posted : 05/31/2013 4:26 pm

Lukatoll: Good luck to you too! Heard month 3 is when skin starts clearing up fast :D

Day 12

I haven't experienced dryness yet. Don't know if this is good or bad. I've been slacking on drinking alot water/tea too. Hope accutane is working for me. :(

I do continue having break-outs, but they're not painful. My skin is still pinkish. Nothing new to report really. My doctor told me he might up my dosage to 60 mg after month 1.

MemberMember
(@lugo)

Posted : 08/18/2013 5:48 pm

good luck, i've just started my treatment on acne

MemberMember
(@ladolcevita95)

Posted : 09/03/2013 6:56 pm

Day 103 Month 4

Sorry I haven't reported in a long time; I've been quite busy. However, my skin is pretty smooth and soft now, and the scars are fading away quite fast (:Will post pics up soon! I take 60 mg of Absorica daily btw.

Side Effects

• No dryness anywhere except around my mouth. The skin there is also a bit darker. My derm gave me locoid butyrate cream .1% to use around my mouth and lips, but it gave me a painful zit on my top lip!
  • Lips do get chapped if I haven't applied lip balm in a while.
  • When I went to get my eyebrows threaded, the thread cut my skin. I've gotten my eyebrows threaded monthly for years, and the skin around my eyebrows were not sensitive until I began Accutane. Despite this, I will still continue threading.

Day Routine

• Use Elta MD UV Clear SPF 46
  • Apply Nivea Kiss of Smoothness lipbalm

Night Routine

• Apply Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream in the jar (LOVE IT)
  • Apply Bag Balm to lips

Make-Up

• None at all now
  • I do, however, always have on Elta MD UV Clear Spf 46
  • I live in a very hot region, so I always use a floppy hat and sunglasses when I'm outside or even in the car.

Herbal/Hollistic Approaches

• My diet has been rather poor lately; I've been eating out a lot lately along with sugary, fried, and fast food. This has not affected my skin however, which is pretty clear now.
  • I have been slacking when it comes to drinking water too. sad.png
  • I still eat a lot of salmon or take salmon pills which I highly recommend. I've definitely noticed an improvement in my hair. It's softer and shinier than it's ever been (: I also haven't used heat on my hair since I've begun Accutane.