Notifications
Clear all

Need Serious Help With 'whatever-This-Is'!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/26/2013 5:31 am

i get itchy raised red patches(almost like allergy ) ,which sometimes feels like red spread bumps or some other times its just a red skin area that itches..they remain for sometime and go away.

they generally tend to happen in similar or same places.like the middle area of forehead,near the eyebrows,around my nose or so.

i think they are fungal(many have suggested here that they might be fungal folliculitis)...i'm not sure as well.

since they go away by themselves almost everytime ,its difficult to visit a doctor and explain(show) them the exact problem.

i need serious help now.

because these has been for a long time now.

i've checked for gut fungal(through saliva test) and the water was as clear as ever.

i've also used 'scalpe'- anti-fungal/dandruff shampoo which had bothe ketoconazole and zinc pyrithine

i cant exactly say that that healed my issue.i am not very sure.

what amuses me is that they come and go all by themselves(although i use clindamycin etc on them but i'm quite sure it has no/little effect on getting rid of them within minutes )

sometimes i get a tiny bump or so around or on that place but the itchiness,the redness and the whole raised thingy goes away in maximum 10-15minutes .

also these doesnt happen everyday.sometimes in days or sometimes in weeks or months.

also,the intensity and degree varies now and then.

post-200657-0-64056200-1369562724.jpg

post-200657-0-15128300-1366052520.jpg
post-200657-0-05485400-1368558092_thumb.

if u have any idea about what these might be please help me out with this.
i am seriously mad at what this is about.
its not acne ,obviously!
so i dont know what to do with them.
thank u in advance!

post-200657-0-64056200-1369562724.jpg

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 05/26/2013 5:47 am

I think it's an allergy. I get these raised red lumps (Though mine are quite a bit larger than yours) and pores on the lump are stretched due to size (Looks like I've been stabbing the area with needles). I'm not sure why I get them either, but they're always itchy, they always appear out of the blue, are always large and do always descend back to flat skin within a day or two. I have this problem for years, but like you, no one could tell me what it was.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 05/26/2013 5:58 am

Looks to me like it could be an allergic reaction to something (someone beat me to it). Maybe try not applying anything to that area for a while, let it clear up and then slowly start adding different products to find out which one is causing it.

Hope you work it out! :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/26/2013 9:17 am

Every now and then I get something like what you are describing. It is called contact dermatitis, and it's nothing more than a temporary reaction/irritation.

For me, if I shower in some hotels I get it, leading me to believe there is some kind of trace metal in the water causing it. It starts out as a random, raised itchy bump, and then the sorrounding area turns red for about 20 min. After this it is gone without a trace.

However annoying it is, if it's contact dermatitis it won't hurt you. Any number of things can set it off, so try and think if there was a common denominator every timen it happened. For me, it's showering with certain types of water. It's just a minor allergic reaction on your skin; they say people with sensitive skin are more likely to get it.

It will go away on it's own, but taking an anti-histamine will help with the itching if it's bothersome.

No worries though, it's fairly common :)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/26/2013 9:25 am

think it could be hives.

CU to be specific - i can never track one common trigger.

sometimes it happens after meals,sometimes not.sometimes after i'd washed my face or showered other times there's no connection at all.

i mean ,there's no specific trigger - not that i could find any.

hives can be both allergic and non-allergic.so!

could be sweat?

but i am not sure!

today it happened after i after sometime(about 30minutes) after i showered.

but i use that same water everyday - and i dnt get these everyday.

also,i was in the departmental store shopping and i got these suddenly.(i cant remember if i had washed my face in their washroom)

anti-histamin?

any form u suggest?

sometimes it leaves a tiny whitehead like thing or may be a tiny bump.

its so frustrating - more so cause i am unable to relate the two aspects.

i dont even know if the two things are related at all!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/26/2013 9:37 am

Okay, yes the tiny whitehead/bump is the defining trait of contact dermatitis. Trust me, I'm now 95% sure that's what it is. I get these, like I said before, and usually at the "epicenter" lol of the redness theres a small, raised white bump. It reminds me of a bug bite or small white head, and this bump I've noticed will last longer than the redness/itching. The bump is not always present, but usually is.

I have had it happen when I'm at the gym so it could be caused by sweat; I'll be doing a lift and suddenly a spot by my hairline or cheeck will get itchy and red. I've also gotten them when I'm outside in the sun, so I think pollen or the elements can trigger it too.

Any anti-histamine would be fine, I've used benadryl a few times. Unless I'm going somewhere, I usually just let it go away on its own.

I have gotten it randomly in my own house too actually. For me, I get it more in the winter when my skin is dry and there's little moisture in the air.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/26/2013 9:51 am

Okay, yes the tiny whitehead/bump is the defining trait of contact dermatitis. Trust me, I'm now 95% sure that's what it is. I get these, like I said before, and usually at the "epicenter" lol of the redness theres a small, raised white bump. It reminds me of a bug bite or small white head, and this bump I've noticed will last longer than the redness/itching. The bump is not always present, but usually is.

I have had it happen when I'm at the gym so it could be caused by sweat; I'll be doing a lift and suddenly a spot by my hairline or cheeck will get itchy and red. I've also gotten them when I'm outside in the sun, so I think pollen or the elements can trigger it too.

Any anti-histamine would be fine, I've used benadryl a few times. Unless I'm going somewhere, I usually just let it go away on its own.

I have gotten it randomly in my own house too actually. For me, I get it more in the winter when my skin is dry and there's little moisture in the air.

its funny for i usually eat healthy foods specifically with anti-histamine like green leafy veggies,capsicum,apples,warm lemon water(plus vit c supplement),fish(almost everyday),green tea,garlic,onion,lentils everyday!!so flavonoids,vitc c,omega-3 FA - all known as anti-hismatines included!damn!

i must admit that the incidence has become less frequent.*touch wood* but for this week i see it happening and leaving zits/bumps!

benedryl is sleep inducing,huh?

does it help u?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/26/2013 10:37 am

Yes I've found that the contact dermatitis is really random. It's hard to pin down exactly what triggered it sometimes. I think it just means that our skin is more sensitive to environmental stimuli than others. I've found that when my skin is dry I tend to have them more frequently, so maybe try washing your face with cool water or using a moisturizer more to help prevent them.

For comparison, sometimes I'll get them as frequently as twice a week, or it could be months apart. I remember when I first noticed it a few years ago I was like what the hell is this? LOL. I was freaking out because I thought it was bug bites haha.

Yea it does sometimes make me a little drowsy, most "first-generation" anti-histamines will do that. If you don't want that, you could try one of the "second-gen" ones like Claritin. They don't usually cause drowsiness, but are meant to be taken every day so it may be slightly less effective if you take it just once when it flares up.

If you tend to get them when you're out, it probably wouldn't hurt to carry around some Claritin to use if you need it. It'd probably help the redness and itching without making you drowsy.

Just saw the link you posted. Yep, that's very similar. The term "dermatitis" just means any sort of irritation or reaction on the skin; there are a million things that could cause it by it's characterized by random, itchy, red areas on the skin, sometimes with a white bump in them.

I say that mine is "contact" dermatitis because it always happens after touching my face; either washing it, wiping off sweat, rubbing, etc. If you find that you get them more when you're stressed or worrying, it could be the type of the link you posted.

They are fairly common though, so don't worry about it :)

Unless that is you start getting it a few times a day, then I'd call your doctor.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 05/26/2013 6:16 pm

Every now and then I get something like what you are describing. It is called contact dermatitis, and it's nothing more than a temporary reaction/irritation.

For me, if I shower in some hotels I get it, leading me to believe there is some kind of trace metal in the water causing it. It starts out as a random, raised itchy bump, and then the sorrounding area turns red for about 20 min. After this it is gone without a trace.

However annoying it is, if it's contact dermatitis it won't hurt you. Any number of things can set it off, so try and think if there was a common denominator every timen it happened. For me, it's showering with certain types of water. It's just a minor allergic reaction on your skin; they say people with sensitive skin are more likely to get it.

It will go away on it's own, but taking an anti-histamine will help with the itching if it's bothersome.

No worries though, it's fairly common smile.png

Funnily enough, I washed my face this evening (with water from the kettle) and now I have an itchy red lump on my forehead. Isn't there a way to rectify this?, it's very annoying.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/26/2013 6:55 pm

LOL

I have been getting them for years and nothing really helps. An anti-histamine wouldn't hurt, but they tend to go away in 20-30 minutes.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 05/27/2013 2:25 am

LOL

I have been getting them for years and nothing really helps. An anti-histamine wouldn't hurt, but they tend to go away in 20-30 minutes.

Ah, that sucks. I'll look into that then.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/27/2013 4:20 am

LOL

hey!

read about hives..sounds pretty relatable u know.

same features,in fact the time for which it remains can be from 10minutes-120minutes or so!

fits!

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/06/2013 4:54 am

aanabill, this might be an allergy or a fungal.

Did you try to change your shampoo ?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/06/2013 8:49 am

aanabill, this might be an allergy or a fungal.

Did you try to change your shampoo ?

actually,i am pretty sure my shampoo isnt connected.

because there are days when i shampoo but dnt get these why on other days i do.

so!

i dnt go red but some places on my skin seems to itch when i have peanuts.so yeah that is one allergy may be!

its probably dermititis of some sort(as told before) or something kinda fungal!

do u have fungus issues?

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/06/2013 8:58 am

Yeah, I used to have some fungal on my forehead, nose and chin ! It made my skin flaky and when I washed my face it was like a white spot made of skin, and when I removed those skin cells it would remain a very painful and itchy red spot !

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/02/2013 1:27 pm

damn!

u might like to check a more 'prominent' form of the same issue.