Notifications
Clear all

Best Way To Take Accutane

MemberMember
(@stevenej10)

Posted : 05/26/2013 2:42 am

Hi guys,

This is my first post on here and I thought I would join the acne.org community after being put on Roaccutane (I live in the UK) or Accutane.

This is my 4th day taking 30mg once a day of Accutane and just have a question on what is the best way to take Accutane.

I read the instruction leaflet given with my Accutane and it said to take it with food or milk which I have been doing. Do you need to take Accutane with water whilst you are take it with your food? Because, I've been swallowing it whole with my food and didn't know if that was okay? I heard you should take it with water because it gets stuck in your food pipe if you don't? But it says nothing about taking Accutane on my patient instruction leaflet given with the Accutane with a glass of water?

Any ideas?

Many Thanks,

Steven

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 05/26/2013 9:15 am

Take it with water (since you need to be drinking plenty of water anyway while on tane) shortly after you eat or drink a glass of milk because fat helps with the absorption.

MemberMember
(@proudterp)

Posted : 05/26/2013 12:52 pm

Make sure you take it with a full glass of water. Supposedly, Accutane can damage your esophagus if it you chew the pill or it gets stuck there. Make sure it gets all the way down into your stomach. Also, I even heard you are not supposed to lay down for at least 10 minutes after swallowing the pill so it doesn't stay above your stomach.