Notifications
Clear all

Do Any Guys Here Actually Put On Make Up?

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 05/25/2013 7:43 pm

lately I've been thinking about trying it out if they are any males here that do and have experience with it. I'd like to know how noticeable would you say it is? what brands are the best for the most natural look? what are the basic things I'll need besides the right make up color and how often would I need to buy some more. as well at what price range?

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 05/28/2013 9:16 pm

My husband uses an Almay Concealer on acne. Has for years. Are you looking to cover up acne?

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 05/28/2013 10:22 pm

actual bumps not as much, but the dark marks left behind yes definitely. how noticeable is the concealor on him? & does he uses anything else with it or just puts it on and that's it.

My husband uses an Almay Concealer on acne. Has for years. Are you looking to cover up acne

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 05/29/2013 12:29 am

Ah yes, acne marks. The worst!

He uses a liquid-ish concealer. He has a normal skin tone so its easy to find a good match. He just uses the wand and lightly brushes the spot and then blends with his finger. Its not noticeable at all and he uses nothing else.

I use a solid concealer. Im very fair so mine is harder to match because some can look very orange on me. I use studio gear concealer and the color is light. I apply it very carefully with this eye liner thing that has a pointy sponge on the end of it. I dont use the eyeliner, i just like the spongey thing. Or sometimes i just use the tip of my ring finger. (Always use that finger when applying any makeup) im oily skinned so a thicker concealer is better for me.

His is probably about $7 and it lasts him forever. Like, over a year probably.

Mine is $16 but it lasts me for about 5 years.

For you, try neutrogena concealer. It looks like lipstick actually. You can just apply it straight from the stick and blend with your finger. Wait a sec for it to warm up on your skin and blend it well. For me, i wait for it to settle on my skin, then i just take a tissue and press lightly. Then i examine if i need to lightly touch up a spot. If so, i use the sponge thing and just touch it. And thats it.

All us girls have a million ways we apply it. There are 4 types, liquid with a wand, solid lipstick looking kind, solid in a little jar, or liquid with a brush. I prefer my little jar. Doesnt leak, its air tight, and its small. When you get really good at it, no one can see it.

Oh and i would stay away from super cheap brands like wet and wild or rimmel. Almay, neutrogena, physicians formula are well priced and can be found at any drugstore or grocery store. Crap ingredients can lead to crap skin and add to the problem. And those three usually have an acne fighting ingredient as well. Ive never had an issue with it clogging pores.

MemberMember
(@boskabouter)

Posted : 05/29/2013 1:09 am

I would recommend a mineral powder concealer. I have found that mineral foundations and concealers are the only thing that actually really melt in your skin, while - if you the right brand - there are no harmful ingredients in it that could make the acne worse in the long run.

I'm a woman, and a makeup artist as well. And honestly, one of the things I hate most about foundations and concealers is when you can see someone is wearing it. That's why I've been using mineral foundations and concealers for over 7 years now. Another great thing about it, is that it doesn't feel like you're wearing makeup!

I'd recommend you give it a try! And LilyLolo (www.lilylolo.co.uk) is a great brand! And they ship all over the world! :) Good luck!

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 05/29/2013 5:51 am

I use my mom stuff since she is the same color tone skin as I.

She doesn't know it tho.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/29/2013 9:47 am

I'd use a bb cream if I were you. It's a tinted moisturizer if you want to use all over makeup to hide red marks. You can buy a concealer stick to blot on your marks and blend the concealer in with your finger, follow up with a layer of the bb cream. It will look natural and not like you are caking on makeup.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 05/29/2013 10:33 pm

This is great info, i'll look into the good brands. i'd like to aply it the way your husband does it simple, fast and easy. but i wouldn't mind using any tools especially if it help blend it in better & easier. the olny trick will be finding the right color. i might call a make up person to help me our as someone here recommended or just buy a number of shades and return the wrong ones idk yet. uhhi'm also wondering do you buy the product for him?

Ah yes, acne marks. The worst!

He uses a liquid-ish concealer. He has a normal skin tone so its easy to find a good match. He just uses the wand and lightly brushes the spot and then blends with his finger. Its not noticeable at all and he uses nothing else.

I use a solid concealer. Im very fair so mine is harder to match because some can look very orange on me. I use studio gear concealer and the color is light. I apply it very carefully with this eye liner thing that has a pointy sponge on the end of it. I dont use the eyeliner, i just like the spongey thing. Or sometimes i just use the tip of my ring finger. (Always use that finger when applying any makeup) im oily skinned so a thicker concealer is better for me.

His is probably about $7 and it lasts him forever. Like, over a year probably.

Mine is $16 but it lasts me for about 5 years.

For you, try neutrogena concealer. It looks like lipstick actually. You can just apply it straight from the stick and blend with your finger. Wait a sec for it to warm up on your skin and blend it well. For me, i wait for it to settle on my skin, then i just take a tissue and press lightly. Then i examine if i need to lightly touch up a spot. If so, i use the sponge thing and just touch it. And thats it.

All us girls have a million ways we apply it. There are 4 types, liquid with a wand, solid lipstick looking kind, solid in a little jar, or liquid with a brush. I prefer my little jar. Doesnt leak, its air tight, and its small. When you get really good at it, no one can see it.

Oh and i would stay away from super cheap brands like wet and wild or rimmel. Almay, neutrogena, physicians formula are well priced and can be found at any drugstore or grocery store. Crap ingredients can lead to crap skin and add to the problem. And those three usually have an acne fighting ingredient as well. Ive never had an issue with it clogging pores.

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 05/30/2013 2:06 am

Honestly, you probably wont need any tools. He just uses his finger and it works perfectly fine. Hes gotten so good at it, that i never notice hes got it on. Concealer isnt noticeable at all when it is applied correctly and its the right color. And more and more brands have a wider range of colors, so its not as hard to find a match as it was ten years ago. Some test it by dabbing some on the back of their hand or the inside wrist area. This doesnt work for me because my face has a pinkish fair tone and my hands and wrists are even more fair. I have to test it on my face to see if it works.

I like my little eyeliner sponge mainly because it has a cap and its great for covering up a super small mark. Make up sponges are too big for me and since i carry my makeup with me in my purse, the cap is nice so i dont get it on anything else. But my finger worked just fine for years! :)

I have gotten it for him a few times, but if he does, he likes to go to the self checkout. Hes a guy so hed rather not go to a checkout clerk of course, which i totally understand. Luckily, almay is everywhere and he can get it at any grocery store.

MemberMember
(@meowza)

Posted : 05/30/2013 5:48 pm

If you are looking for all over red mark coverage, a BB cream is great. Nice & sheer and is moisturizing and evens skin tone. You can get ones for antiaging, oil free, etc. Or if there are some bad red marks you are looking to cover, Dermablend concealer is great at covered scars. You just need the tinyest bit. It even covers tattoos. Also just sayin'... one of my best guy friends wears makeup. Never knew it til he told me!

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 07/12/2013 12:12 pm

Ya im a guy and I wear concealer just about every day. I have moderate acne. Not really in groups, but just random pimples around. Lately I've been getting Cysts. Having Major trouble to cover those up. Ugh.. Anyways I use cover girl tube concealer. Its not the best, but it was cheap and doesn't seem to break me out much I suppose. Since going on accutane, the red marks I have are just glued to my face. I use AHA, BHA every night and it just adds a giant red spot in the place that fades within days. Its crazy how much accutane can kill your healing factor.

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 07/14/2013 2:51 pm

Sorry to hear that about the accutane. :( i didnt know it did that. Ive never been on it but the more i read, i think it might not be for me. I dont have acne but i have insanely oily skin and some say it helps for that. I think ill stay away from it.

I posted another thing on a "dudes wearing makeup" type post about how to cover up cysts. I need to find that link for you. In short, covering up cycstic acne is all about filling in the shadow it creates. This is the only thing that works for me.

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 07/14/2013 3:54 pm

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 07/14/2013 7:45 pm

how do you guys even buy make up. I can't even go near it cause im afraid ill be judged.

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 07/15/2013 2:56 am

Get it online. Or use self checkout.

I worked retail a long time ago and i cant say i ever noticed what people bought. Nor did i care. I was just waiting for my shift to end. :)

But i get where youre coming from. Try not to worry about a-holes that judge.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 07/25/2013 5:34 pm

On flat marks, concealer will not be noticable at all if blended out. On active acne it can be noticable though because the bump will still be there. I'd recommend maybelline superstay concealler or collection 2000 lasting perfection

MemberMember
(@omgmike4)

Posted : 07/31/2013 1:43 pm

Yes oily girl , people over rate accutane. I'm the type of person that is willing to take a chance for the better, people say how accutane is bad and that it has terrible side effects... Who cares, those people are just scared. Do not listen to anyone, I took accutane when i had only 3 pimples on my face, I couldn't care if any one told me no. If u want the best to cure, then take it. It's the best, it will cure u in the long run, slow ur healing, but it's worth it. Take the chance

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 08/01/2013 7:42 pm

Well, I don't have any acne really, it's just the oily skin for me but you're right. I should at least ask the doc about it. :)