Notifications
Clear all

Living Life When Life Is Unliveable

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 05/25/2013 8:47 am

man, this is tough. I'm reaching out everywhere I can for help right now. My photos in my gallery do not show the true extent of why I am miserable. I have gotten a couple of more scars now, and things have gotten very, very bad. I do not have a lot of money, I do not have a very nice car, I need dental work, I am in debt, and my face is effed due to scarring. I'm not sure why I even want to stay alive, but I kinda do, I guess. I want a relationship more than anything, but I believe I could not function properly in one to say the least. I do not want to go out, I do not want to see other people, I do not have any confidence, self esteem, or anything of the like. What's left? What do I have left to live for? Anyone else who feels this way, please help. How can I ever find happiness in this situation? maybe I could find a girl, but I don't think I could make her happy and if I can't make her happy, she can't make me happy. I am effed. I am going to spend the rest of my life alone and I don't want to.

I have started playing the lottery. that's not a good sign because I never did that before. (joke) (but seriously)

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/25/2013 9:16 am

Shit man I'm at work on my phone and I really want to respond to this the way I want but I 100 percent relate even to the dental work part. You sre actually a member here I admire not in a homo way but inspirational way. I wanted to bring you up in other threads but I couldnt remember your name I just remember you as the runner guy. Stay up bro ill post later its hard to type on a phone.

MemberMember
(@ruweyda)

Posted : 05/25/2013 10:08 am

I don't know why your so sad and why your putting yourself down so much because seeing your pictures, your a very good looking guy to be honest if you want a relationship you can be in a relationship.

my uncle has scars worse than yours but he is so confident and everyone I know loves him he actually got married three bloody times how mental is that. he aint got a nice car either but his beautiful and caring and understanding and that's what makes him shine and now he got married again to this stunning girl who loves him to death. so what am trying to say is you can have what ever you want in this world if something is gonna stop you from having all you want its only you no one else. so cheer up be happy that God gave you a good health some people have deadly diseases.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/25/2013 12:12 pm

Hang in there, and try not to let your scars define you (which btw are not that bad and do not distract from your face at all). The psychological scars are the most profound and the hardest to heal, so try to focus on fixing that instead of worrying about appearance. I know it's hard and I wish I had more practical advise, but know that a lot of people on here are struggling with similar issues.

And on the topic of relationships, as long as you treat women with respect and kindness, you shouldn't have any problems. But you need to be content with yourself first, before you get involved with someone otherwise they will suffer with you.

Don't let this defeat you, you are better than this!

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 05/25/2013 12:34 pm

I know exactly what you're going through, I sometimes wonder the same things. What's left to live for. But every battle has an end and you can win this battle. Try new stuff, eventually you'll find something that works.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 05/25/2013 1:02 pm

Uhh, so I looked at your gallery and you're pretty hot. Not what I was expecting based off this post! You're manly looking. I dig that very much. You look like you should be one of those hot-ass warrior guys in the movie 300 or some badass hero in the zombie apocalypse, lol (I like that these are my ideal men haha).

Seriously though, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to looks. I can't even really see your scars, but trust me dear, with a face like that, scars are only going to make you hotter and more manly looking.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/25/2013 3:37 pm

anyways I could of swore i read somewhere on your profile or maybe one of your posts that you are an endurance athlete and that you started to do it to cope with depression? if not sorry dude i feel like a dumbass but anyway the running part is what inspired me to get back into jogging and bike riding something I used to do before I became morbidly depressed and lost tons of weight and the little muscle mass i use to have.

as far as your scars sometimes i wonder if some of you people are just on here trolling because I dont see it. if you do have scars they are so shallow and it doesn't matter. plus you can grow a badass beard and you have an alpha chin and jaw line looking all manly. dude i look like a treasure troll on crack with severe acne scars its no fun being me. you have an aesthetically pleasing face, the most mildest of scaring if any and def look manly im jealous of that. and chicks dig it, you shouldnt have no problems getting a girl solely off looks.

but i know depression sucks it is a constant battle with your brain. I know ive been there mostly all my life and its hard to shake. the few relationships ive had in life i coudlnt hold on to either due to anxiety and depression always taking over my thoughts and never being comfortable with myself therefore not being able to let anyone care for me. but whatever this is depressing just typing this im sure you know what i mean.

hang in there, im sure you will get more encouraging words from pretty girls on here and that should make you feel better. lol but yea depression sucks.

MemberMember
(@helpclear)

Posted : 05/25/2013 3:51 pm

I hear ya man. I haven't gone on a date in a long time, ever since my last girlfriend broke up with me like 6 years ago. I'd love to have a girlfriend but I don't have the confidence to ask a girl out. I wish they would start conversations with me and make it a little bit easier to know they may be interested.

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 05/25/2013 5:56 pm

Yeah, I hear what you girls are saying, I was actually not nearly as bad off when I took those photos. Since those photos, I've added some new scar problems to the mix, and to be honest, I could live with the rest of it if I did not have these two new scars. They are from ingrown hairs that kept forming in the same spot. one of them made a crazy raised scar, and the other one left me with a gash. These two were the nails in my coffin. The right side of my face has had it. there really isn't much wrong with the left. Running is the only thing that rids me of my anxiety. I have been running for 8 years now, and training for 4. I have run 8 full marathons in the last 4 years, and 7 in the last 3. In 2010, I ran 3 full marathons in 2 months. I have done all of this with the intention of doing a big run to try and help some people, and now I am training to run across the state of Texas next winter to raise money for the victims of the Boston Marathon Bombing. I got my scarring from breakouts while training. I wanted to do something good, and paid the price for it. It's really hard to understand, honestly, why. 5 years ago, I had nearly flawless skin. I wish I could go back.

it hurts a lot. I look at photos of myself a couple of years ago, and see my smooth skin, and see the smile on my face, and it crushes me.

MemberMember
(@cyberpile)

Posted : 05/25/2013 7:40 pm

I kinda know what your going through. You can't lose hope!

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/25/2013 7:51 pm

Yeah, I hear what you girls are saying, I was actually not nearly as bad off when I took those photos. Since those photos, I've added some new scar problems to the mix, and to be honest, I could live with the rest of it if I did not have these two new scars. They are from ingrown hairs that kept forming in the same spot. one of them made a crazy raised scar, and the other one left me with a gash. These two were the nails in my coffin. The right side of my face has had it. there really isn't much wrong with the left. Running is the only thing that rids me of my anxiety. I have been running for 8 years now, and training for 4. I have run 8 full marathons in the last 4 years, and 7 in the last 3. In 2010, I ran 3 full marathons in 2 months. I have done all of this with the intention of doing a big run to try and help some people, and now I am training to run across the state of Texas next winter to raise money for the victims of the Boston Marathon Bombing. I got my scarring from breakouts while training. I wanted to do something good, and paid the price for it. It's really hard to understand, honestly, why. 5 years ago, I had nearly flawless skin. I wish I could go back.

it hurts a lot. I look at photos of myself a couple of years ago, and see my smooth skin, and see the smile on my face, and it crushes me.

Hey man, just wanted to chime in here too. I know exactly how you feel. I've been told by a lot of people "oh you barely have acne, you barely have scars, you're a decent looking guy etc etc...you could easily get a girlfriend if you want" and as much as I appreciate those comments, it's very hard for anyone to understand what it's like for a guy with acne/scars unless you're a guy with acne/scars. And what I mean by that is I think it's generally perceived that guys can still be attractive with scars and things of that nature...but here's the kicker. We don't want these scars! We don't feel attractive with these scars even if other people find us attractive with these scars. It's so hard to explain what it's like but I feel like you're hitting on most of the points on how I usually feel about my skin perfectly.

Just want you to know that I understand how much it hurts and I know exactly where you're coming from. I wish you all the best.

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 05/25/2013 8:03 pm

Hey man, just wanted to chime in here too. I know exactly how you feel. I've been told by a lot of people "oh you barely have acne, you barely have scars, you're a decent looking guy etc etc...you could easily get a girlfriend if you want" and as much as I appreciate those comments, it's very hard for anyone to understand what it's like for a guy with acne/scars unless you're a guy with acne/scars. And what I mean by that is I think it's generally perceived that guys can still be attractive with scars and things of that nature...but here's the kicker. We don't want these scars! We don't feel attractive with these scars even if other people find us attractive with these scars. It's so hard to explain what it's like but I feel like you're hitting on most of the points on how I usually feel about my skin perfectly.

Just want you to know that I understand how much it hurts and I know exactly where you're coming from. I wish you all the best.

exactly. thanks, man. and thank you everyone for the support. this forum maybe saved my life. the only reason I continue this battle every day is because of the support of the people in this forum. you are all amazing people. acne scars, or acne, severe, moderate, mild, or whatever, I love you guys.

MemberMember
(@dennisdo)

Posted : 05/25/2013 10:10 pm

exactly. thanks, man. and thank you everyone for the support. this forum maybe saved my life. the only reason I continue this battle every day is because of the support of the people in this forum. you are all amazing people. acne scars, or acne, severe, moderate, mild, or whatever, I love you guys.

That's what the forum is for, to relate with everyone who has gone through the same thing. We'll make it in the end :)

I definitely agree with you FlaggLives, some people can never really understand what we've gone through, but I don't even bother putting myself in that state of mind that they should understand where I came from. Afterall, why remember the past if it doesn't make you happy? Nowadays, if people tell me why I can't get a girl or something similar to that, I just go ahead and try harder, not put the blame on my acne, or etc.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 05/25/2013 10:39 pm

This forum has been one of the most supportive places that got me through some very dark times, as well. I really love this place. :) Glad you are here with us!

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 05/25/2013 11:19 pm

Oh man, you took the words out of my mouth. Don't get me wrong, I had my share of people saying that I have chin acne and I would have looked even more beautiful if I did not have them. But, when people tell me that I am making a big deal and I am being paranoid, that bothers me too. It is truly hard to explain! I am a perfectionist by nature (hence my name here:Ambitiousone) and maybe that's why I get upset when I see a new pimple/ or my scars. My mom looks at my scars and swears on Bible that she does not see them but I am not crazy, LOL! I see them but maybe I see them more vividly than those around me.

Keep your head up high! You never know twists of fate... You might even meet a girl tomorrow or next week that will change your perspective on life!

Also want to say that as a female, I get what you mean guys... but we are our own worst critics... As cliche as it might sound, it is true!

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 05/26/2013 7:07 am

every morning i wake up with this pit of anxiety in my belly/chest. every single morning. every day starts off terrible. i can't make it go away. it's hard to live like this

I'm afraid it will never get better. I just don't know how I can live like this. I feel like there is no hope for happiness any more.

I don't want to sound like one of those terribly depressed people that keeps rambling about it, but I have to tell someone how I feel, and this is how I feel.

I am also a perfectionist. and now, I feel like I can never be the person I want to be. and I don't know if I can live with that. this is awful.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/26/2013 8:48 am

every morning i wake up with this pit of anxiety in my belly/chest. every single morning. every day starts off terrible. i can't make it go away. it's hard to live like this

Me too. Waking up is the hardest part. I deal with anxiety and "dark" thoughts all day every day and it really does scare me. I cannot control it and I'm afraid it will never stop. I still want to live tho for whatever reason so I fight it but it is a very tiring way to live. Like I mentioned before I lost tons of weight and I generally feel unhealthy. I dont feel like a man at all. I dont know what to do.

I wasnt trying to belittle your situation I was just trying to give you an objective opinion and hoping that maybe hearing from others that what you perceive to be severe really isn't and you will feel better. But I also understand that sometimes positive comments from others doesnt work and if anything it makes me feel worse personally. I've been told "your scars arent that bad" and it makes me want to rage because when I look in the mirror that is all I see. Honestly looking in the mirror all the time hating my scars has made me develop other complexes and has made me pick at other things about me. It is a vicious cycle that my brain puts me through and it needs to stop.

Hurts me to know you feel the way you do. I dont wish this feeling on anyone, even those who have told me to "kill yourself because your so ugly". I love those people too I dont wish this feeling of anxiety and worthlessness on anyone. I wish I could help but in reality it starts with you. You are the only one who can do anything about it. I know this about myself too and I'm trying my hardest bro. Easier said than done but life is beautiful and I want to live it and you should too. You have potential but its up to you to come to grips with that fact and live your life. I wish I was you.

Best of luck to you and keep posting your feelings as much as you like man. I know posting on this board makes me feel better even tho probably nobody reads what I post. I basically read everything on here so take comfort in knowing some of us really do care.

Much love and peace. Fuck acne.

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 05/26/2013 8:56 am

Me too. Waking up is the hardest part. I deal with anxiety and "dark" thoughts all day every day and it really does scare me. I cannot control it and I'm afraid it will never stop. I still want to live tho for whatever reason so I fight it but it is a very tiring way to live. Like I mentioned before I lost tons of weight and I generally feel unhealthy. I dont feel like a man at all. I dont know what to do.

I wasnt trying to belittle your situation I was just trying to give you an objective opinion and hoping that maybe hearing from others that what you perceive to be severe really isn't and you will feel better. But I also understand that sometimes positive comments from others doesnt work and if anything it makes me feel worse personally. I've been told "your scars arent that bad" and it makes me want to rage because when I look in the mirror that is all I see. Honestly looking in the mirror all the time hating my scars has made me develop other complexes and has made me pick at other things about me. It is a vicious cycle that my brain puts me through and it needs to stop.

Hurts me to know you feel the way you do. I dont wish this feeling on anyone, even those who have told me to "kill yourself because your so ugly". I love those people too I dont wish this feeling of anxiety and worthlessness on anyone. I wish I could help but in reality it starts with you. You are the only one who can do anything about it. I know this about myself too and I'm trying my hardest bro. Easier said than done but life is beautiful and I want to live it and you should too. You have potential but its up to you to come to grips with that fact and live your life. I wish I was you.

Best of luck to you and keep posting your feelings as much as you like man. I know posting on this board makes me feel better even tho probably nobody reads what I post. I basically read everything on here so take comfort in knowing some of us really do care.

Much love and peace. Fuck acne.

I see you are in TX. where in tx?

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/26/2013 9:01 am

South Texas like 30 mintues from the Mexican border. I hate this place but I'm too poor and dont have the will to get my shit together enough to leave this place. how about you?

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 05/26/2013 1:09 pm

north side of Houston. I used to have family down there, maybe I still do. In the harlingen area. Some of the things you told me really sunk in with me today. I'm gonna make an effort today and I am on my way out to play golf. F it dude. let's do this.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/26/2013 2:49 pm

yea I live in the harlingen area. I just type whatever I think and sometimes I go back and read my posts and they usually dont make sense lol but glad your putting in the effort. thats all you have to do and you owe it to yourself bro. yea f*ck it. kick some ass.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/27/2013 11:28 am

To the OP:

You're not alone. No one but you can understand those thoughts in your head that makes you feel as if you'll never be good enough. But i want you to know one thing, your head lies and mirrors lie. You are more than your scars and the only thing that you can do at this point it seek help with part of your body that lies to you I have done therapy and it helped me a lot. I am still messed up when it comes to how i view my acne, skin and body but i am now readily able to realize when i am being uneccesarily harsh with myself.

Think it over - it may help. From an outside perspective, you're very good looking, talented and athletic. You have a lot going on for you. If you can get your thoughts under control, then you can go out and live the life you were meant to live.

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 05/27/2013 10:32 pm

you're right. I'm beginning to realize that the problems are more mental than physical. But I still revert back to feeling like garbage at times. Oddly enough, I tend to feel really badly in the mornings and better in the evenings. It's really weird. I go through these cycles every day.