Notifications
Clear all

Effects On Face By Accutane

MemberMember
(@hi12342)

Posted : 05/24/2013 9:14 pm

many guys face don't fully develop until they're 22 right? i see many celeberity faces change a lot from 18-twentyish. and even when you see people on the streets, they are best looking when they are about 20. a good example is justin bieber, he looks so much better now (19years old) than when he was small, i'm sure he'll continue to grow more handsome in his 20s.

i'm only 17 and have really bad acne, if i take accutane now, will my face never change? coz guys who are 17 don't look so handsome anyway, i don't want to be stuck with a 17 year old face lol.

vertical height is not a concern because i'm already 175cm.

i guess this would bechoosing between, better looking face with more scars VS not so good looking face with less scars

which pyhsical appearence would u like more?

thanks for any ideas!!

i got the exact same concern as this person

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Removed]

"I know there are many of you out there who have taken Accutane during your formative adolescent years. I have a question and a concern. My nephew is 16 years old and has severe acne. My sister is contemplating putting him on Accutane because he doesn't even want to go to school anymore due to his embarassment over his skin. I have read that Accutane can stunt the bone growth of the "long" bones, but I have read nothing pertaining to the stunting of the cranium or facial bones due to Accutane use. My nephew is already 6 feet tall, so his vertical growth is not a concern. However, I am very worried about his cranial/skull and facial bone development because there are growth plates in the cranium as well. The male skull and face can develop up through 25 years of age. Did any male (or female) out there take Accutane at a young age and still have skull and facial growth post Accutane therapy?? Did anyone out there notice that he/she stopped their facial and cranial development post Accutane?? I thank you for any response to these questions."

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/24/2013 9:35 pm

I dont think you have anything to worry about as far as that goes. Ive never heard that before and I took Accutane at age 19.

MemberMember
(@hi12342)

Posted : 05/24/2013 9:51 pm

thanks for the response,

the reason i'm concered is because i got a big head and i don't like it, i want it to change or something over time. coz i see many people's face get skinnier in their twenties.

by the looking at your signature, u must be about 21 now, did your face change at all after 2 years after accutane? or does your face look mature 20ish year old now?

I really want to grow mature and handsome like a normal person but my face is unbearable. fml

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/24/2013 10:24 pm

I honestly dont know if its changed as I see myself everyday but im sure your facial structure is fine man. Everyone is built different dont stress over the small things you cant change.

MemberMember
(@hi12342)

Posted : 05/25/2013 2:01 am

ok maybe i should just take it, since being unhappy all the time over many years will gradually make you ugly anyway.

i also read/and even saw on youtube many people got fleshier/chubbier faces (espiecially on the cheeks) after accutane, did this happen to you?

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/25/2013 10:33 am

I personally notice that a lot of people's faces thin out on accutane. Seriously. Mine personally didn't change at all. The only thing that changed with my face is the acne went away. But I had a log on here and chatted with quite a few people during my accutane course and watched photo updates from them and some people's face didn't change and others thinned out a bit. Nothing big but alittle change. If you really want to see the results look on here at users photo logs whist taking accutane. If your concerns are missing out on your face changing, then I would jut go ahead with the medication. Your facial features are yours and not likely to change. Like the other poster said I am sure that your facial feautures are just fine.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/25/2013 11:12 am

Im betting if you go on Accutane youll no longer be worried about that stuff because youll be so happy your face is all cleared up.

MemberMember
(@hi12342)

Posted : 05/25/2013 7:46 pm

unfortunetly in my case, i won't be happy be happy even if i my acne clears up, i'll have many scars,

even right now with acne, u can see many scars, i think accutane will just make it worse.

but scars are better than acne, can cover more easily than makeup, that's why i'm still considering accutane

what my mum says is "you're going to have many medical issues when you're in your 40s+, if you take this medicine. you already have scars, why bother taking such dangerous medicine?"

do u agree?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/25/2013 8:11 pm

Its all up to YOU if you think you should take it. How bad is acne affecting your life? Do the risks out way the benefits vice versa. If you can life and he happy even with acne I would not bother but if it bothers you every day and holding you back from thing I would do it.

I went on it and so do tens of thousands of other people without long term side effects. You have to do what you think is right for YOU.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/25/2013 8:23 pm

No one can tell you if accutane will effect you long term. It's a risk you have to weigh out yourself. If your acne is effecting you to a certain point then yes it is worth it. I made the decision to risk it and do the accutane course. Years and years of acne does a lot of damage to your self esstem level and can effect your whole life career and social and love life. Someone people don't have any of those things due to acne. Acne can create huge social anxiety for people so they can't even leave the house much less approach someone of the opposite sex. So for people like that yes it's worth it. Taking accutane isn't a easy choice and it shouldn't be. It does have risks.

To touch on your point about why bother clearing ance because of scarring though. If you can clear your acne then you can treat your scarring. No way to tell what is actually there though until you are clear.then you can sort of what is scarring and what is hyper pigmentation. After that you can do lasers or chemical peels or dermastamping or light treatments. Lots and lots of things to do there. I see lots of people with scars and I have a close friend whom has quite a lot of scarring and he is very confident and doesn't let it get him down, and trust me the scarring doesn't scare girls away either, if a person shows confidence then people are attracted to them. It's seriously that easy. Show you are confident and people believe you are too.

MemberMember
(@hi12342)

Posted : 05/25/2013 8:53 pm

i totally agree, acne is holding my life back, effects me everyday, i've thinking about it every day for the past 2 years, ever since it was moderate i started hoping it will clear up everday, but i actually went from light acne to serve cystic acne in just 3 year. must be the USELESS OTC products i've been using for 2 years that made my skin so bad.

i'll take accutane.

acne is affecting quite a lot, i didn't talk to much girls much before i had acne because i'm so shy, but now i have acne i don't even LOOK at girls in the eye, i'm scared i'll scare them away and don't talk to much guys, i face down when i'm walking so i get less attention. little kids look at my face, but i don't blame them because i was the same when i was young, when i was young, i see people with bad acne, i always wondered how their skin is so bad lol, but now i got the same bad skin, or even worse. it's effecting me quite a lot.

with the scarring, acne scares away girls but scars don't?

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/25/2013 9:15 pm

To be honest with you, acne doesn't scare me away. Personally I think sometimes people think us people dealing with acne are dirty or something and dont take care of ourselves. Like if we would just take a shower and but some proactive we would be clear. In reality I think us people with acne take better care of our skin than any other joe blow out in the world. But again I am going back to the confidence thing. I know that after a long time suffering with skin issues your confidence goes out the window. Just as you described you walk with your head down and don't make eye contact. Walking through a store with your head hung low and not making eye contact isn't going to make girls run your way you know. On the other hand straighten out your shoulders and have your head held high and smile at a girl from across the bar and you'd be suprised. A smile and confidence can light up the whole room. Even if your not confident fake it. Go out and don't let anyone know your down in the dumps about the hand life has delt you. Be yourself and smile and you'd be suprised. If you can just smile at someone and they smile back your confidence will go higher and higher every time. Acne or no acne, scars or no scars. If you are a nice person and you can make me laugh and I am comfortable a

With you and we have somethings in common then do you think acne would bother me? No way. But that all starts with a smile and possibly a hello. Girls aren't as shallow as you think. Some are but most aren't. And would you really want to attract girls that are shallow enough to let zits turn them off anyway?

MemberMember
(@hi12342)

Posted : 05/26/2013 12:32 am

"To be honest with you, acne doesn't scare me away."

of course! you're extremely nice and you've dealt with acne before, you know how it feels, the most servere acne doesn't scare me away too. but if a person who has had clear skin for life sees my face, they don't know what's wrong with my face and may feel scared. and how old are you if you don't mind telling me? because as you get older you see more types of people and become less caring about someone's appearence. The problem with me, i'm only 17, still at school, the people i interact with are young and they haven't seen much with their eyes therefore my face will scare people i think.

"Walking through a store with your head hung low and not making eye contact isn't going to make girls run your way you know."

walking with my head high won't make them walk my way either and may even scare them away. i actually feel sorry for everybody who has to look at my face, including guys, especially little kids. I think i scarred their minds.

"If you can just smile at someone and they smile back your confidence will go higher and higher every time."

What if they don't? my confidence will go even lower....

"With you and we have somethings in common then do you think acne would bother me? No way."

was this the case when you were 13 and had no acne?

"Girls aren't as shallow as you think. Some are but most aren't."

really? unfortunetly i think most young girls hate me because it seems like every girl in my school are obessed with kpop guys and only kpopish guys (clear skin, cool hair, handsome) to be their friends.

"And would you really want to attract girls that are shallow enough to let zits turn them off anyway?"

no, everyone will turn old one day anyway :)

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/29/2013 11:05 am

Don't listen to this joke of a guy miss legend. Take a look at his posts and he's not getting girls either. So to take advice from some dude that can't get a girl to date him once he's opened his mouth isn't ideal. His information is all wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong. Do you think if a guy is hot but beats the crap out of a girl or treats her life garbage is going to stick around? Noooo. Girls stick around because of personality enjoying company having things in common having confidence. Not looks. Looks fade and fade quickly.

MemberMember
(@hi12342)

Posted : 05/29/2013 11:58 pm

he said the reason because he is not getting girls is because of his acne, i think it really depends on the girl and there are many girls, however majority of the population has no acne hence majority of girls will find acne disturbing. same thing with guys

can makeup cover up much? should i buy some makeup at the chemist?

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/30/2013 9:16 am

Makeup can help cover a lot of red marks or Hyperpigmentaion marks. As far as covering active acne that is tricky. Sometimes makeup makes acne look worse. In my opinion. If you were to but makeup I would suggest getting a concealer that matches your skin tone. Concealers will help cover any marks on your face or body. Then I would apply a all over bb cream. Bb cream is basically a tinted moisturizer but it is healthy for your skin. You could get this at any drug store or online

MemberMember
(@hi12342)

Posted : 06/14/2013 6:53 pm

thanks for the response, i looked at this

(don't click it if u don't like disgusting skin), should I apply the concealer before bb cream or after bb cream? do i need to use powder and the other thing?

as you can see, my skin is really bad, it proberbaly looks worse in real life, do you think it will cover much for me? am i going to look like a noob?

i'd definetly take accutane but it's my last year of high school and i've only got 4 months left(my derm said i have to take acctuane for 9 months), so i might as well take it as soon as i finish my last exam, just incase it affects my exam performence, on the other hand, i want to have good skin to make more friends before leaving high school, so makeup seems to be my best option (if it really does cover that much).