Notifications
Clear all

Aim To Make This Thread A Complete Source Of Information On 'anything'(Small/bumpy/with Base/baseless) With A White Head!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/23/2013 11:28 am

hello acne.org-ers!
i start this post with an aim to make this thread a complete source of information - daily definitions,causes,prevention,treatment and more , on whiteheads.
"whiteheads" although ideally defines as non-inflammed clogged pores seem to us(varied experiences that we face which doesn't always match with the textual references) as small zits with a tiny pus-filled heads,a small bump with pus,raised skin with a small head or just a white tiny head out of nowhere!
i mean to address all the kinds of 'anything' that's got 'a white head'(literally!)
((except for cystic pustules of course,which comes under a separate category for me))
so,i'd say "whiteheads of different kind",which can also be considered inflammed with a red base or surrounding.
1)do u have any such 'white-head'?if,yes please describe your what your problem is?
(does it have a red base?is it ,what u might call is, inflammed?tiny?bump?)
2)what do u think usually causes these?(in your case)
diet?oily skin?unremoved dead skin cells?stress?or anything else?
3)do u have any idea or experience of how it should be treated?
4)do u have any idea or experience of how it could be prevented?
5)anything else u wanna share -
how many days it remains?
whether or not they are as stubborn as 'usual whiteheads' are?
do u think they come and go on themselves?
do they leave marks/spots/PIH for u?
etc. etc.
share your experience.
u could kindly answer point-wise.
not only will it help address and cover all the points nicely but also help anybody who reads it.
u can also,add some query u have.and i'll add it to this original post of mine(on ur behalf,as ur question).
thanks.
MemberMember
(@elliew8)

Posted : 05/24/2013 5:19 am

Hey, going to try and answer all of the questions - sometimes I think whiteheads get ignored a bit because they aren't as bad as cystic acne, but definitely still annoying!

1. I get whiteheads mainly on my chin (mostly without redness), nose (bit more yellow and with a red base but usually very small) and forehead (come in all shapes and sizes)

2. No idea what causes them personally, although my nose and chin get very oily so this could contribute?

3. So for the different types I take different action:

- If they are just white and not red I rarely pick them because they just dry up and flake off after a day or so (when a bit bigger i just use tweezers to pinch the surface which makes the whiteness go and gives a tiny unnoticeable scab)

- When they are red and the whitehead is more yellow those suckers have got to go! I just lightly squeeze which 90% of the time makes it pop a little and bleeds a little which turns into a small concealer coverable scab

-The worst ones are the bigger, quite obvious red ones with a noticeable head - usually look like they are asking to be set free! However when you try and pick them they generally bleed a bit, scab over but then fill up with puss again...leading to more picking and a far more obvious scab. From experience I'd say leave them alone, normally take about 3 days to dry up, but it depends if I'm going out and would rather hide a scab than let people see a big ol whitehead!

4. I haven't found a way!

5. Just have to say that when they are in between the nose and lips just never ever pick them, I think they are just inflamed hair follicles so they almost always fill back up with puss...bad times. Also just try and remember with whiteheads that they could definitely be worse so don't stress too much...plus for me they go away quicker than any other type of spot so be a little more patient with them and they will probably go away on their own within 3 days.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/24/2013 9:02 am

thank u so much.

i really appreciate ur response.

i know a lot of people here and otherwise who are so troubled with whiteheads and they are so stubborn.

thanks once again.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/29/2013 11:07 am

There are various kinds of whiteheads. Some might be pimples that are under the surface of the skin, some are the puss-filled kind, others can be created by clogged pores (e.g. due to use of makeup or heavy creams), and others are congestion (lots of small whiteheads clustered together).

Sometimes steaming helps, or gently applying witch hazel. Scrubs can also be helpful for the tiny whiteheads (NOT the puss-filled ones), but mine are so stubborn that scrubs don't usually make an impact. A good clay or sulphur mask can help draw out the impurities.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/29/2013 1:28 pm

There are various kinds of whiteheads. Some might be pimples that are under the surface of the skin, some are the puss-filled kind, others can be created by clogged pores (e.g. due to use of makeup or heavy creams), and others are congestion (lots of small whiteheads clustered together).

Sometimes steaming helps, or gently applying witch hazel. Scrubs can also be helpful for the tiny whiteheads (NOT the puss-filled ones), but mine are so stubborn that scrubs don't usually make an impact. A good clay or sulphur mask can help draw out the impurities.

thank u for sharing ur experience mate.

i really appreciate it.=)

MemberMember
(@shandon5)

Posted : 05/29/2013 10:44 pm

Does anyone get those white rice like whiteheads..I get them on my cheek from time to time...bizarre

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/30/2013 8:03 am

Does anyone get those white rice like whiteheads..I get them on my cheek from time to time...bizarre

rice like?

could do please elaborate or even better,upload a pic next time u have it?

MemberMember
(@shandon5)

Posted : 06/08/2013 12:42 am

Well when the surface is at the skin and its ready to pop..its not like a regular whitehead or black head but the guck that comes out of it is in the shape of rice etc. Hope that helps

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/08/2013 1:13 pm

do u think its a small zit with pus?

(a small pustule that looks like a whitehead for its size?)