Notifications
Clear all

Weird Spot That Won't Disappear

MemberMember
(@tc-trev)

Posted : 05/21/2013 2:12 pm

Hey I have this weird red spot that has been there for months now. It's always red and not like a normal spot, there's no hard layer underneath or pus just skin that has formed. Does anyone know what it is and any treatments I can do to get rid of it.

post-204747-0-73175900-1369163483_thumb.

post-204747-0-73175900-1369163483_thumb.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/22/2013 12:56 am

there was a pimple once?

this is a PIH or post acne mark?

what cleanser do u use?

any peel,at all?

MemberMember
(@tc-trev)

Posted : 05/23/2013 9:05 pm

there was a pimple once?

this is a PIH or post acne mark?

what cleanser do u use?

any peel,at all?

I think there was, it's hard to remember as it is almost been 6 months since I last recall.

This is a post acne mark, been done with acne since going off accutane 2 months ago.

I haven't used a cleanser since starting accutane

No peel at all.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/24/2013 6:49 am

u dont use any cleanser?

i would say a low % bha wash.

it unclogs the pores,removes the dead cells (upper layer) and also keeps u dry for a good time.

considering that,it might help in lightening faster.

MemberMember
(@tc-trev)

Posted : 05/24/2013 10:01 pm

u dont use any cleanser?

i would say a low % bha wash.

it unclogs the pores,removes the dead cells (upper layer) and also keeps u dry for a good time.

considering that,it might help in lightening faster.

No I didn't want to irritate my skin

What product is the best you think?

I have my prom/debs in three months and want my skin healed for that.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/25/2013 2:47 am

i use a low % SA wash.

it was actually prescribed to me by my derma but its not a prescription product.

mind u i say low %

1%(there is another from the same brand - 2%)

it keeps u dry(not crazy dry) ,unclogs ur pores and also helps removes the upper head layer(thus partially helping with the PIH).

sometimes pigmentation remains for several mnths or may be a year or more but if its been there for 6 mnths,i think u should also visit a doc.just to be safe.

dint u notice any fade at all?

also,is it hypertropic?

MemberMember
(@tc-trev)

Posted : 05/25/2013 9:02 am

i use a low % SA wash.

it was actually prescribed to me by my derma but its not a prescription product.

mind u i say low %

1%(there is another from the same brand - 2%)

it keeps u dry(not crazy dry) ,unclogs ur pores and also helps removes the upper head layer(thus partially helping with the PIH).

sometimes pigmentation remains for several mnths or may be a year or more but if its been there for 6 mnths,i think u should also visit a doc.just to be safe.

dint u notice any fade at all?

also,is it hypertropic?

What shops sell them, I'll go buy it

My skin started to break after taking accutane and its been there since. It's near impossible to get an appointment with my derm.

I don't know to be honest.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/25/2013 10:46 am

u broke out after taking accutane?

was it just purging or it carried on forever?

u r likely to get similar product but i am not sure if u'll get the same brand.just check the ph level around 5.5 or so.

mine is called saslic(1%) which can be found at any medical store or beauty store.

MemberMember
(@tc-trev)

Posted : 05/25/2013 4:27 pm

u broke out after taking accutane?

was it just purging or it carried on forever?

u r likely to get similar product but i am not sure if u'll get the same brand.just check the ph level around 5.5 or so.

mine is called saslic(1%) which can be found at any medical store or beauty store.

I broke out after my first month on accutane which is normal

worst breakout I ever had to be honest, most of it healed except the right side of my cheek as you see in the pic

I will try buy it tomorrow

I'm starting to get nervous my skin won't be healed in 3 months

any tips?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/26/2013 1:39 am

do not over do anything.

at all.

i understand u must be freaking out and i'm been there.done that.

but u gotta understand mate that prom is one night(i am not saying its not importnt!!But!!) ur skin is what u want to heal.

psst: u could actually use some make up u know.

many guys here do that!!

but take it easy.

use a good sunscreen religiously(forever).

take care of ur diet and lifestyle.

i promise u u'll see difference,i did.

MemberMember
(@tc-trev)

Posted : 05/26/2013 5:16 pm

I guess I could always use that. I haven't got any new pimples since stopping accutane 2 months ago

I do wonder how long does it take for a new skin to heal over

I thought the sun is good for the skin?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/27/2013 12:56 am

u would want to check the posts on sun being good or bad.

i personally feel moderation is the key.

10-15 minutes in sun is enough but using sunscreen is a must for everyone and for us(acne people!)

SPECIALLY AFTER ACCUTANE - U'RE SUNLIGHT SENSITIVE AND WILL REMAIN SO FOR SOMETIME NOW.

sleeping,diet(rich in vitamins- think fruits,veggies and protein),stress level and activity along with general lifestyle is important for healing.

sleeping adequate makes a great deal differnce in healing patterns.very noticeable.

go through the forums - diet & holistic living,u could check the forums for men - shaving tips etc and also the general acne discussions for more idea.

concentrate on ur diet now and try to maintain a good one - since ur acne is clear ,all u gotta do is maintain it!

MemberMember
(@tc-trev)

Posted : 05/27/2013 9:17 am

u would want to check the posts on sun being good or bad.

i personally feel moderation is the key.

10-15 minutes in sun is enough but using sunscreen is a must for everyone and for us(acne people!)

SPECIALLY AFTER ACCUTANE - U'RE SUNLIGHT SENSITIVE AND WILL REMAIN SO FOR SOMETIME NOW.

sleeping,diet(rich in vitamins- think fruits,veggies and protein),stress level and activity along with general lifestyle is important for healing.

sleeping adequate makes a great deal differnce in healing patterns.very noticeable.

go through the forums - diet & holistic living,u could check the forums for men - shaving tips etc and also the general acne discussions for more idea.

concentrate on ur diet now and try to maintain a good one - since ur acne is clear ,all u gotta do is maintain it!

Ok I get, I live in Ireland so it's like super rare to see the sun.

What sort food should I be eating, I do eat healthy as it is but is there a specific food I should concentrate on.

Really sleeping, how much sleep should I be getting?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/27/2013 9:52 am

avoid dairy,avoid sugary stuff(at least lessen it as much as u can),

do elimination test on grains,dairy,fruits ,night shade member like tomato,capsicum etc,

eat veggies,fruits,nuts (make sure u aint intolerant to the ones u're taking).

also have protein.eggs and fishes - for omega-3FA.

increase ur omega-3FA intake and water intake.

have warm lemon water in the morning - if u r not allergic to citrus.

have lots of green leafy veggies and also try adding ones like beet,carrots,okra,etc

check for insulin spikes - to keep it under control have cinnamon in moderation.

take green tea(instead of coffee or tea or any drink) - to take in flavanoids and also detoxify urself to a certain level.

u can add lemon in ur tea to better the absorption.

avoid stuff like candy,aerated drink,oily.fried food and too spicy dishes.

take supplementaion of vitamins and zinc if needed.

check the link to my diet in my signature.

u can personalize and check for a diet that fits u in long term and maintainable.

write a elaborate food chart of what u eat and when and either post it up here on diet forum or PM me.

MemberMember
(@sserille)

Posted : 05/27/2013 10:01 am

Hi I have the same problem, I have this red spot on my cheek and its formed after I started using the regimen 12 days ago. I t wont go away, its not a spot and hasn't filled with the white stuff ( puss). its like the one in the photo only bigger. I don't know what to do, please help me.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/28/2013 1:38 am

is it a hypertropic scar?left after a zit?

MemberMember
(@tc-trev)

Posted : 05/28/2013 6:29 pm

do elimination test on grains,dairy,fruits ,night shade member like tomato,capsicum etc,

have lots of green leafy veggies and also try adding ones like beet,carrots,okra,etc

check for insulin spikes - to keep it under control have cinnamon in moderation.

take green tea(instead of coffee or tea or any drink) - to take in flavanoids and also detoxify urself to a certain level.

u can personalize and check for a diet that fits u in long term and maintainable.

write a elaborate food chart of what u eat and when and either post it up here on diet forum or PM me.

Is dairy that bad, as I need to build muscle, I was thinking of getting laser surgery in a few months if there are no big improvements.

Is there a test I can take to find out what is causing it, what has a lot of Omega-3FA?

Cheers for all the help man.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/29/2013 1:28 am

Is dairy that bad, as I need to build muscle, I was thinking of getting laser surgery in a few months if there are no big improvements.

Is there a test I can take to find out what is causing it, what has a lot of Omega-3FA?

yes dairy is bad for many acne sufferers.do u take dairy?

u must stop immediately to check for urself.u will probably see changes in about 1-2 mnths.

also,for muscle and stuff they take protein shakes and other things(whatever they call it) so be careful.they cause acne in many - along with extreme exercises like weightlifting.

write in the search bar and find out posts on - 'dairy'..'weight lifts'.'protein drinks' and other muscle men posts.

also find out more about omega 3FA.flax seed,olive oil,cold water fish,green leafy veggies etc has it.

have green tea (flavanoids) which is a good source of anti-oxidant. along with green leafy veggies.

check for gluten and limit ur sugar.

u're likely to see results in a mnth.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/29/2013 3:16 am

actually i am a girl.;p

MemberMember
(@tc-trev)

Posted : 05/29/2013 6:27 pm

yes dairy is bad for many acne sufferers.do u take dairy?

u must stop immediately to check for urself.u will probably see changes in about 1-2 mnths.

also,for muscle and stuff they take protein shakes and other things(whatever they call it) so be careful.they cause acne in many - along with extreme exercises like weightlifting.

write in the search bar and find out posts on - 'dairy'..'weight lifts'.'protein drinks' and other muscle men posts.

also find out more about omega 3FA.flax seed,olive oil,cold water fish,green leafy veggies etc has it.

have green tea (flavanoids) which is a good source of anti-oxidant. along with green leafy veggies.

check for gluten and limit ur sugar.

u're likely to see results in a mnth.

Yes I have it with my shredded wheat in the morning and a glass with my dinner.

I stopped for a month but didn't see a massive difference when I first heard about milk being bad for acne

I use to take them too but stopped when I heared that.

Is gluten good? never have any sugar

Ok i'll start buying it with some lemon aswell

sorry didn't realize

MemberMember
(@shandon5)

Posted : 05/29/2013 10:41 pm

I would suggest applying Zincofax to your face. Its the same cream mothers apply to their babies bottoms to treat diaper rash. I use it on Post acneic marks and they disappear within a week. Apply it at bed time and place a tea towel on top of your pillow case. Be sure to not get any on your bed sheets bc of the thick consistency it may stain them

MemberMember
(@tc-trev)

Posted : 06/02/2013 7:14 am

I would suggest applying Zincofax to your face. Its the same cream mothers apply to their babies bottoms to treat diaper rash. I use it on Post acneic marks and they disappear within a week. Apply it at bed time and place a tea towel on top of your pillow case. Be sure to not get any on your bed sheets bc of the thick consistency it may stain them

Thanks I'll look into to buying it. I see that you use cetaphil face wash, is it any good? I was told to see away from moistusiser and others and just find a good low ph clenser

MemberMember
(@shandon5)

Posted : 06/08/2013 12:40 am

Yes I use Cetaphil facewash as its very gentle on my sensitive skin.