Notifications
Clear all

To Wear Or Not To Wear A Tank Top

MemberMember
(@lolaholic)

Posted : 05/20/2013 6:37 pm

Hi guys, i'm actually a guy who's been lifting for a while and would like to wear a tank top in the summer. However, I have acne all over my upper back and shoulders. I don't think it's cystic, but there's lots of postules (i think). Would it be strange for an athletic guy to show his bacne? or should i wait till the acne goes away? thanks hahah i'm still in the self conscious stage right now

MemberMember
(@nicklo62)

Posted : 05/20/2013 8:03 pm

I'm in the same boat. I wear t shirts all the time, even when working out. It kind of sucks, because I feel its making my acne worse. Probably because I have a tshirt rubbing against my sweaty skin, and irritating microscopic pimples, and making them bigger. I try to go shirtless as much as possible, when I'm by myself. Touching it, friction, etc always makes it worse.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/20/2013 10:06 pm

Letting your skin breath is probably a good thing, but don't get a sunburn. I don't think it's a big deal, when I was at a park the other day the guys working at the lake all had acne and they didn't seem to be trying to cover it up.

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 05/20/2013 10:19 pm

A little Vitamin D from the sun may help you clear up. Again don't get burnt.

MemberMember
(@lolaholic)

Posted : 05/21/2013 3:51 pm

Thank you guys! I wore a tank top to school today, and I only got compliments on my muscles hahaha. So to anyone feeling self conscious about acne limiting their wardrobe, please don't be afraid to wear whatever you want. I think most people know that acne is common, and that it will go away one day. When you look back on the days you had acne, you'll realize how silly you were for making an effort to try to hide it. Also, this applies to girls, too. There is this one girl who I found was very attractive, and when one day she wore a low cut that showed her back, she didn't seem to care at all. Either way, I still found her attractive.

Confidence > Acne

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/21/2013 6:56 pm

Letting your skin breath is probably a good thing, but don't get a sunburn. I don't think it's a big deal, when I was at a park the other day the guys working at the lake all had acne and they didn't seem to be trying to cover it up.

There is a difference though between having a few spots, and actual acne (Unless you meant like 15-20 pimples on the body). I have not seen a person with actual acne on their back who wore tanktops

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/21/2013 7:02 pm

There is a difference though between having a few spots, and actual acne (Unless you meant like 15-20 pimples on the body). I have not seen a person with actual acne on their back who wore tanktops

Ok so because you haven't seen it that means people don't? I saw a guy who had body acne and his face was covered in acne.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/21/2013 8:56 pm

Ok so because you haven't seen it that means people don't? I saw a guy who had body acne and his face was covered in acne.

There are people who have it obviously that I have not either seen or they just cover it up. From my college experiences and experiences on the beach, I rarely see anyone with acne (the acne that leaves pigmentation or scars) on their body. I do see a lot of people with clogged pores on the body though

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/21/2013 9:06 pm

This is the secret here fellas.

Confidence > Acne

MemberMember
(@meowza)

Posted : 05/22/2013 3:55 pm

Oh I totally agree when I say wear the tank top. Oogling guys' muscles is great whether they've got some acne or not!

MemberMember
(@lolaholic)

Posted : 05/24/2013 11:10 pm

hahah you guys are all great. despite the bad aspects of acne, you really do get the opportunity to learn how strong you can be.

and to whoartthou,

i have pretty bad acne on my back, so it's not like a little blemish. There are around 8 big pimples on each shoulder blade, with scaring on my whole upper back. I'll be honest, I also don't see people with acne as bad as me wear tank tops, but i'm hoping that people who do have it, see me and get the confidence to as well. I'm not saying i won't stop trying to treat my acne, but don't bug it to the point where you can't do things you want to do.

Thanks everyone!

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/29/2013 4:16 pm

I feel you bro, I have horrible body acne as well.

Do you know when it started? Were you in emotional turmoil? diet changes?

MemberMember
(@lolaholic)

Posted : 05/29/2013 11:40 pm

It started around 6 months ago. I think I've found out that its a fungal issue, because before when I used Head and Shoulders Shampoo, it worked for a while. I think it stopped working because the fungus became resistant, so I bought Selsun Blue which has selenium sulfide (a strong antifungal), and it has been clearing my shoulder and back acne significantly. I really hope this works, because right now, I can see myself being clear in less than a month.

I would definitely buy both Head and Shoulders shampoo as well as Selsun blue, using them as a body wash and leave on for 5 minutes at most. My 8 pimples on each shoulder are now down to 1, with some bumps and scarring of course. Let me know how you do on them!