Help Should I Stop ...

Notifications
Clear all

Help Should I Stop The Bp Or Aha ?

MemberMember
(@gillianbb)

Posted : 05/20/2013 6:26 pm

I am on my week 10 regime and first week on the aha.I got redness upper eyelid and itchy neck when i used only bp.

But, after aha, i got swollen eyelid and also new two acnes.So i wanna know what I should do ??

I really get so depressed.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 05/20/2013 6:47 pm

Do you use BP on your neck? Do you rub your eyes after applying BP or the moisturizer, without washing your hands first? How did the regimen work for you before you added AHA?

Have a look at the FAQ's, there may be something that you've overlooked: http://www.acne.org/faq.html

Don't get depressed, ok? Hang in there! comfort.gif Based on the information you've provided, I would keep using the BP and maybe apply AHA less often or not at all until you're clear. And wash your hands after applying any medication if you don't already do so.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/20/2013 8:22 pm

I think you should go slowly with the AHA. Keep doing the BP, but maybe use the AHA only twice a week and mix it in with the moisturizer so it won't be as harsh on your skin. After a couple of week when your skin won't be as sensitive, then you can probably ramp up to the full dose and just use AHA for moisturizer.

Don't get depressed, this whole thing is a process, so give it time. Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@gillianbb)

Posted : 05/20/2013 9:33 pm

Do you use BP on your neck? Do you rub your eyes after applying BP or the moisturizer, without washing your hands first? How did the regimen work for you before you added AHA?

Have a look at the FAQ's, there may be something that you've overlooked: http://www.acne.org/faq.html

Don't get depressed, ok? Hang in there! comfort.gif Based on the information you've provided, I would keep using the BP and maybe apply AHA less often or not at all until you're clear. And wash your hands after applying any medication if you don't already do so.

Hi AKL

I didnt apply the bp on the neck but maybe when I apply the aha and i accidentally rub the eyes :(( I think I should wash the hands after the bp and aha :) thank you for giving me support.I dunno why my neck is itchy after bp, now my eyes are itchy as well.

I think you should go slowly with the AHA. Keep doing the BP, but maybe use the AHA only twice a week and mix it in with the moisturizer so it won't be as harsh on your skin. After a couple of week when your skin won't be as sensitive, then you can probably ramp up to the full dose and just use AHA for moisturizer.

Don't get depressed, this whole thing is a process, so give it time. Good luck! smile.png

Hi nicmic :)

I just use peasize of aha mix with i pump of moisture and few drop of jojoba oil. I used the aha three times a week mayb i should use twice a week.I just feel bad I have been on regime on week 9 and I still cant clear the acnes :(

but anyway thank you your supports :) I will stick on it to see what happen

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/21/2013 2:55 am

Hi AKL

I didnt apply the bp on the neck but maybe when I apply the aha and i accidentally rub the eyes sad.png( I think I should wash the hands after the bp and aha smile.png thank you for giving me support.I dunno why my neck is itchy after bp, now my eyes are itchy as well.

>I think you should go slowly with the AHA. Keep doing the BP, but maybe use the AHA only twice a week and mix it in with the moisturizer so it won't be as harsh on your skin. After a couple of week when your skin won't be as sensitive, then you can probably ramp up to the full dose and just use AHA for moisturizer.

Don't get depressed, this whole thing is a process, so give it time. Good luck! smile.png

Hi nicmic smile.png

I just use peasize of aha mix with i pump of moisture and few drop of jojoba oil. I used the aha three times a week mayb i should use twice a week.I just feel bad I have been on regime on week 9 and I still cant clear the acnes sad.png

but anyway thank you your supports smile.png I will stick on it to see what happen

Yeah, stick to it! I know that it takes longer for some people to get clear. Have you seen any improvement at all? Do you still continue to get breakouts?

MemberMember
(@gillianbb)

Posted : 05/21/2013 3:29 am

Hi AKL

I didnt apply the bp on the neck but maybe when I apply the aha and i accidentally rub the eyes sad.png( I think I should wash the hands after the bp and aha smile.png thank you for giving me support.I dunno why my neck is itchy after bp, now my eyes are itchy as well.

>I think you should go slowly with the AHA. Keep doing the BP, but maybe use the AHA only twice a week and mix it in with the moisturizer so it won't be as harsh on your skin. After a couple of week when your skin won't be as sensitive, then you can probably ramp up to the full dose and just use AHA for moisturizer.

Hi nicmic smile.png

I just use peasize of aha mix with i pump of moisture and few drop of jojoba oil. I used the aha three times a week mayb i should use twice a week.I just feel bad I have been on regime on week 9 and I still cant clear the acnes sad.png

but anyway thank you your supports smile.png I will stick on it to see what happen

Yeah, stick to it! I know that it takes longer for some people to get clear. Have you seen any improvement at all? Do you still continue to get breakouts?

hey nicmic

I dunno if i can say it is a improvement.It defintely clear all my white heads and my black heads.but i still get one or two acnes sometimes or once a week.

So,is that improvement??I can feel my texture of my skin is better.but i realli dunno where the acne come from.I think i already use the bp to kill it or prevent them already in march.they are still coming in May.so it makes me sad.or i should use more bp??coz after i saw i got redness eyelid.i just reduce bp to 1/3 finger and apply it at night only.:) I hope i will be better before the end of june.I wanna have a normal face in summer :)good luck to me and everyone.gotta sleep and face the cruel reality.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/21/2013 3:34 am

Hi AKL

>369099346">

Hi nicmic smile.png

hey nicmic

I dunno if i can say it is a improvement.It defintely clear all my white heads and my black heads.but i still get one or two acnes sometimes or once a week.

So,is that improvement??I can feel my texture of my skin is better.but i realli dunno where the acne come from.I think i already use the bp to kill it or prevent them already in march.they are still coming in May.so it makes me sad.or i should use more bp??coz after i saw i got redness eyelid.i just reduce bp to 1/3 finger and apply it at night only.smile.png I hope i will be better before the end of june.I wanna have a normal face in summer :)good luck to me and everyone.gotta sleep and face the cruel reality.

Well, for me I would recommend the full amount of BP that Dan suggests. I think it would be best to try and do the once a day BP when you are already clear. I still use a full fingers length both AM and PM. I just really try to not get the BP or moisturizer near my eyes. If your eyelids feel dry, place moisturizer on your eye area before you put the BP.

Hopefully, June will bring better results for you. :)

MemberMember
(@gillianbb)

Posted : 05/21/2013 3:42 am

Hi AKL

><p>369099346">

Hi nicmic smile.png

hey nicmic

So,is that improvement??I can feel my texture of my skin is better.but i realli dunno where the acne come from.I think i already use the bp to kill it or prevent them already in march.they are still coming in May.so it makes me sad.or i should use more bp??coz after i saw i got redness eyelid.i just reduce bp to 1/3 finger and apply it at night only.smile.png I hope i will be better before the end of june.I wanna have a normal face in summer :)good luck to me and everyone.gotta sleep and face the cruel reality.

Well, for me I would recommend the full amount of BP that Dan suggests. I think it would be best to try and do the once a day BP when you are already clear. I still use a full fingers length both AM and PM. I just really try to not get the BP or moisturizer near my eyes. If your eyelids feel dry, place moisturizer on your eye area before you put the BP.

Hopefully, June will bring better results for you. smile.png

yep maybe i should build up my bp again coz I have jojoba oil as well and I am not worried about the flakeness.Thank you for your advices :) i will keep update what I get at the end of june.Thank you once again

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 05/21/2013 8:40 am

This problem happened to me in the first few months of the regimen. It seems like you may be cross contaminating by not washing your hands between application of BP and moisturizer. The problem will eventually go away, just be sure that you don't apply BP of AHA around the eye area and the jaw line... I found that until my skin completely adjusted to BP and AHA, I experienced a great deal of irritation. Be sure that you're completely dry before you proceed to the next step of the regimen and avoid touching the eye and neck area... Best of luck and keep us up to date on your progress... :)

MemberMember
(@gillianbb)

Posted : 05/21/2013 4:24 pm

This problem happened to me in the first few months of the regimen. It seems like you may be cross contaminating by not washing your hands between application of BP and moisturizer. The problem will eventually go away, just be sure that you don't apply BP of AHA around the eye area and the jaw line... I found that until my skin completely adjusted to BP and AHA, I experienced a great deal of irritation. Be sure that you're completely dry before you proceed to the next step of the regimen and avoid touching the eye and neck area... Best of luck and keep us up to date on your progress... :)

Thank you nycqueen ï¼ï¼‰ i found out one more acne again ï¼ï¼ˆï¼ˆi will continue to use it ï¼ï¼‰ i know it will b better

MemberMember
(@gillianbb)

Posted : 05/21/2013 4:50 pm

but i didnt get swollen eyelid and redness today :) maybe i should realli 100 % clean my hands after the bp and aha

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 05/21/2013 8:53 pm

Sweetheart are you using AHA on you eyelids? Please do not! AHA is not supposed to be used on ANY mucous membranes such as eyelids, and lips, etc. It is not meant for that area. Hopefully it is just an accident from not washing your hands as you said. And for the neck I think it is just because the neck has very very thin skin. I would just heavily moisturize or use less BP. I used to have to use it on my neck but somehow they went away¦..

Good Luck to ya :)

MemberMember
(@gillianbb)

Posted : 05/21/2013 10:02 pm

Sweetheart are you using AHA on you eyelids? Please do not! AHA is not supposed to be used on ANY mucous membranes such as eyelids, and lips, etc. It is not meant for that area. Hopefully it is just an accident from not washing your hands as you said. And for the neck I think it is just because the neck has very very thin skin. I would just heavily moisturize or use less BP. I used to have to use it on my neck but somehow they went away¦..

Good Luck to ya :)

Oh yeah I think so coz when I mix with aha and also moisture and jojoba oil .i put it all over the face even eyelid .Thats the reason :) thank you thank you u guys :) I feel better now :) I should stick with it and be more positive :)

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 05/21/2013 11:09 pm

Good :) At least no you know not to do that anymore :)

And you're welcome of course.