Spiro

MemberMember
(@kittyc)

Posted : 05/20/2013 1:46 pm

I've been on spiro since April 5th, so about 2 months. My acne was bad at all until I was 18. I broke out really bad for about two months in cystic ance and finally it went away on it's own. Then about a year later around the same time I broke out the exact same way again but it didn't go away and it was worse. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me 100mg of doxy once a day and vitamin A. That didn't work so he then put me on birth control to see if it would help and it made it worse. So I came back again and he said my only option left and what he thought I would be happiest with would be Accutane. The nurse didn't think my acne was bad enough to take a drug that serious. So I went back again, and he said he would start me on Spiro because he thought my acne was hormonal. I had read about it online and I didn't really see how it would work because it's not made for acne. I'm on 50mg a day and almost immidiatly my face got clear. I'm also using vitamin A and Acanya at night. I never have big bumps anymore I only have little tiny bumps that aren't even noticeable to anyone but myself. If I don't wash my face and put my topical medicine on, on the weekends I might get a few more bumps than normal but right when the week nights start up again my face is completely clear. It's only been 2 months and it's already cleared my face. I would recommend this to anyone who can't find something to clear their face and doesn't want to go on Accutane.