Notifications
Clear all

Taking 40Mg Accutane And Still Oily

MemberMember
(@jakro)

Posted : 05/20/2013 10:13 am

I started taking 40mg a week from now and my face is still really oily, there is a constant shine/gloss and it looks disgusting out in the sun or in public in general. I'm just wondering why I don't really see a drop off in oil production on my face, my lips are starting to dry out. Could it be that I've only taken it a week and need to wait longer to see better results?

MemberMember
(@westernwisteria)

Posted : 05/20/2013 10:04 pm

You definitely need to wait it out. My derm put it as the first two months are all pain and no gain. It's going to be discouraging at first because you might not see the immediate results that you want. You have to think that you still have another 5-6 months of treatment, you're only 5% through your treatment.

In my case, I got more oily initially but by month two my oil production is nearly non-existant, it's amazing. My hair used to be a ball of grease after a day (And having straight, thin strands of hair that's SO OBVIOUS), but now I can go 2-3 days if I wanted to without washing my hair. Just to give an example.

Though I hate to tell you this... Chances are, next week you might notice you're breaking out more than before. As the process starts a lot of oil and 'gunk' comes to the surface and tries to find a home in your pores! It's temporary though, and a sign of progress.

MemberMember
(@tane007)

Posted : 05/21/2013 12:19 am

yeah just wait it out. I used to have to wash my hair nearly daily because it got so greasy, now i wash it around once a week if that. My face isnt oily AT ALL! and ive been on 20mg for about a month.