Head And Shoulders Shampoo For Acne / Rosacea Sufferers

MemberMember
(@jjsweetheart)

Posted : 05/20/2013 9:33 am

oompf.gif

MemberMember
(@saintetienne)

Posted : 05/20/2013 11:11 am

First of all i have to say you have got a really nice haircut! Good luck!

MemberMember
(@jjsweetheart)

Posted : 05/20/2013 1:36 pm

@ Saintetienne: Haha, that is bed hair and didn't like the haircut. Thank you though!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/20/2013 1:47 pm

yes,ur haircut is really nice.

now let me tell u one think.

u need to focus on ur diet.lifestyle and skincare routine and be patient.

give it good 3-4 mnths time or even more in some cases.

i feel u will see change.

what is ur diet and lifestyle like?

dont say 'healthy'.kindly specify.

MemberMember
(@jjsweetheart)

Posted : 05/20/2013 2:30 pm

@ aanabill: Thank you smile.png Here is a list of my regular daily meals. V V V

Breakfast: Corn Chex cereal, with hemp milk, sliced up strawberries, cup of green tea.

Scrambled eggs mixed with organic cheese, green peppers, tomatoes, onions, side of cantaloupe, cup of green tea.

Greek yogurt mixed with bananas and almonds, cup of green tea.

Lunch: Grilled chicken sandwich

Tuna Salad

Grilled chicken spinach salad

Grilled chicken wraps

Dinner: Grilled salmon, with brown rice, baked beans

Grilled salmon, with brown rice, baked potato

Gluten free wheat pasta, grilled shrimp, tomato sauce

Drinks: I drink as much water as I can everyday, I love drinking 100% pure coconut water, and I like to do detox juices daily with organic vegetables / fruits.

P.S. I have been off track because I have recently moved to Las Vegas and barley starting to get my paychecks in, so I'll be hitting up the grocery store A.S.A.P. And I have been depressed a lot, so I need to finally get back to running everyday, and going to the gym. I used to do it as a regular basis. But, it's time to get myself together and make a change. proud.gif

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/21/2013 1:09 am

i can see or guess that a lot of thing u have is either processed or comes in a colorful pack(which shows its not natural).

have ever tried elimination diet ?tested for night shade members,dairy?

gluten free wheat is not necessarily the best thing,u know.

baked potato?

its okay if u must have it in moderation,but with all the GI load u should also do some yoga,dance,exercise or whatever to compensate.

tips :

coconut water(great)

water(great)

have a cup of warm lemon water everyday morning(if u r not intolerant to citrus)

have abt 1gm of cinnamon after big meals(for ur sugar level)

ELIMINATE DAIRY NOW.

check for beans and cereals and banana and nuts(almonds in ur case).

elimination test should ideally be given atleast 1 mnth but most start seeing results sooner.

do u wash ur face twice a day with a bha wash?

do u sleep 7-8 hrs every night?

try to lessen stress.

do u take any supplementation?u think u get enough zinc,vit b complec,vit c and vit d?

do u exercise?

do u use sunscreen?

MemberMember
(@jjsweetheart)

Posted : 05/21/2013 9:55 am

@aanabill: I can't even have hemp, almond, soy, or rice milk??? ermm.gif

What is a good list of healthy meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Yes, I wash my face morning and night. Was using the the rattlesnake soap bar, and black soap bar switching it off every week. But, just switched to using Head & Shoulder's shampoo... Should I go back to my soap bar cleansers? Or stick through the Head & Shoulder's shampoo?... unsure.png

Yes, I sleep 7-8 hours.

I have noticed I don't stress out on the smallest things anymore as much as I used to. turtle.gif

I used to take fish oil omega-3 pills twice a day + "zinc for acne" pills twice a day as well but recently just ran out of both now.

I haven't been exercising often as much as I need to, but I'm starting to get back in the habit.

No, I don't use sun screen.

I've really thought about being vegan for the longest time, but I just can't afford it... sad.png

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/22/2013 1:38 am

no no u can have those milks,if u r not intolerant.

although soy stuff doesnt suit many.

is rice milk high GI?find out.

no soap bar please.

use a mild bha wash.try to get one with ph balance.around 5.5 or so.

eat veggies,atleast an egg,fish(for omega 3) plus fruits like cucumber,apple.have green tea,hot lemon water,cinnamon.

have less oily food.no sugar,,,LESSEN SUGAR INTAKE.LESSEN SODIUM INTAKE.

drink LOADS of water.

u can go through the diet forum and my diet list,and a post that i do food related.

there are other writers here who know a lot more than me.=)

so all's there in that forum.=)

MemberMember
(@chrisaus)

Posted : 06/03/2013 10:29 am

Yes, I wash my face morning and night. Was using the the rattlesnake soap bar, and black soap bar switching it off every week. But, just switched to using Head & Shoulder's shampoo... Should I go back to my soap bar cleansers? Or stick through the Head & Shoulder's shampoo?... unsure.png

Yes, I sleep 7-8 hours.

I have noticed I don't stress out on the smallest things anymore as much as I used to. turtle.gif

I used to take fish oil omega-3 pills twice a day + "zinc for acne" pills twice a day as well but recently just ran out of both now.

I haven't been exercising often as much as I need to, but I'm starting to get back in the habit.

I've really thought about being vegan for the longest time, but I just can't afford it... sad.png

jj i feel for you brother and i'd like to share my advice to you as a former acne sufferer.

ditch the yogurt and cheese. Most if not all of the other stuff seems not only fine but excellent selections.

before any meal that contains bread consume konjac root aka glucomannan. This supplement is the secret key weapon. Every time you consume certain carbs found in bread and rice e.t.c your body produces an insulin spike straight after eating it and this causes breakouts. Konjac root is the most potent fiber in the world and will completely curve the insulin spike and prevent the breakout. This must be consumed about 10 mins before a meal. This will not stop the damage caused by cows milk but it will counter the carby meals.

also try and get half an hours midday sun on a large surface area of your body and boost up that vitamin d hormone in your body.

Please listen to this advice as it was the result of 10 years experimentation where i have cut out all the things that didn't work and left you with the cream of the crop

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 06/03/2013 5:12 pm

hey man just wanted to say I have similar scaring in the exact same areas. you seem to be a cool positive person despite it and its pretty inspirational actually. i've let my scars get the best of me and maybe I shouldn't. and yea you have a bad ass hair cut! take care bro.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/04/2013 5:19 am

Yes, I sleep 7-8 hours.

jj i feel for you brother and i'd like to share my advice to you as a former acne sufferer.

ditch the yogurt and cheese. Most if not all of the other stuff seems not only fine but excellent selections.

before any meal that contains bread consume konjac root aka glucomannan. This supplement is the secret key weapon. Every time you consume certain carbs found in bread and rice e.t.c your body produces an insulin spike straight after eating it and this causes breakouts. Konjac root is the most potent fiber in the world and will completely curve the insulin spike and prevent the breakout. This must be consumed about 10 mins before a meal. This will not stop the damage caused by cows milk but it will counter the carby meals.

also try and get half an hours midday sun on a large surface area of your body and boost up that vitamin d hormone in your body.

Please listen to this advice as it was the result of 10 years experimentation where i have cut out all the things that didn't work and left you with the cream of the crop

even cinnamon stands against insulin spike.

MemberMember
(@jjsweetheart)

Posted : 06/04/2013 10:49 pm

@Chrisaus: Thank you so much for the advice! I actually have ditched all meat and dairy in general for 8 days now. I'm officially vegan, and hope to see myself go farther with this. I enjoy it so far, not as hard as I thought it would be. proud.gif

@Frank*L: Trust me, it's got me to fall down and break myself into tears... But, we just have to pick ourselves back up and keep going. Surround yourself with positive people, read some guide books, and exercising will make you feel confident. Thank you though! smile.png

@aanabill: Are you saying cinnamon is bad to eat as well? I use that as one of my ingredients for my face mask (Manuka honey, flour, and cinnamon)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/05/2013 1:16 am

no no.

i said its good in taking care of insulin spikes.

there is a theory which says cinnamon acts as insulin when inside and thus prevents insulin spike.

i am not sure about it doing anything topically though.