Notifications
Clear all

Supplements For Redness After Accutane.

MemberMember
(@nuke-acne)

Posted : 05/19/2013 7:45 pm

Hi,

I just finished accutane today. I have quite a few red marks and acne marks on my face and neck left. I still am not 100% cleared I still have a some minor acne sadly....

But that is not my main concern right now. I am extremely red. I don't want to use any acne tropical as of now because I know it will irritate and cause more redness.

So what kind of supplements do you guys think I can take for redness? I am thinking fish oil(which I always take even before accutane) some zinc and vitamin b5.

Do you guys think that will help?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@rarrrgh)

Posted : 05/20/2013 12:22 am

My derm gave me a rx for Nicazel. She said it is supposed to be a great supplement for redness since i dont like the metrogel she originally gave me for my red and irritated skin. Check it out, ive only been taking it for a few days so i cant really say if it works or not, congrats on the clear skin though, hope it sticks!

MemberMember
(@nuke-acne)

Posted : 05/20/2013 2:04 am

Hey! Thanks for the reply. I will bring these two rx up when I see my derm tomorrow. BTW what what didn't you like about the metrogel? Did it just not work for you?

MemberMember
(@rarrrgh)

Posted : 05/20/2013 10:11 am

Im just not a fan of putting gels on my face i feel like they always just make my skin very very oily and each time ive used the metrogel at night when i wake up my face is severely oily. I still use it about 3-4 times a week bc she swears it will help but idk :/