Tips On Suncreens? ...

Notifications
Clear all

Tips On Suncreens? Help Please!

MemberMember
(@garcia18)

Posted : 05/18/2013 2:11 pm

I need a few tips guys nobodys giving me answers here..

I do the regimen im free of active acne ive decided to start using aha+ to help with my red marks and scars and dan and everybody here recommendeds i use a sunscreen but nobody is specific i was recoomended cerave am and i like it but it doesnt go on clearly like cerave pm it leaves white streaks on my cheeks and i hate it people are always asking me why do i have white stuff on my face and its the moisturizer leaving behind all that residue and im so gentle guys seriously i love cerave pm and neutrogena oil free moisturizer combo. skin it works fine for me! but im seriously thinking about not using any moisturizers with spf never again they never go on smooth ughh! and then they say to re-apply every 2 hours.. is that neccessary?? now honestly? im in school during the day i do my regimen at about 7am and then when i get home like around 6 or 7 i do my nighttime regimen i dont have all the time in the world to be reapplying moisturizer with spf every 2 hours.. like seriously thats wasting too much product these products are expensive just need som real help and honest answers guys.. im stressing from all this.. would it be better just to apply my moisturizer with a seperate face sun screen like neutrogena ultra sheer spf 70 please somebody i know theres somebody out there who wonders the same thing im a desperate guy trying to find out answer... :( acne makes me so depressed and im just trying to get rid of it.

MemberMember
(@norcalash)

Posted : 05/18/2013 10:25 pm

try elta md. they make a great product for acne prone skin. I believe it's called uv clear. good stuff

MemberMember
(@sroberts89436)

Posted : 05/24/2013 11:06 am

I find It better to apply a moisturizer then a separate sunscreen. I use Dan's moisturizer let it dry for five min, then use the Olay complete for sensitive skin mixed with two or three drops of jojoba oil and it works miracles, no whit streaks and no redness. If you do well with a chemica sunscreen I have heard then nuetrogena makes the best. Sunscreens with alcohol make my skin burn and I know the neutrogena ones do not contain alcohol like the loreal face sunscreen. Good Luck

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 05/24/2013 11:27 am

Try Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70.... Mix it in w/your moisturizer and viola... SPF and moisturizer w/o the white streaking and no breakouts... Hope that helps...

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/24/2013 3:08 pm

If you're going to do it separate then you should always apply the sun screen prior to the moisturizer or the sunscreen really won't work well. There's a few oil free sunscreens specifically for acne prone skin that you could try that are sold at most drugstores. I personally do use the cerave am /spf 30 and have never had a problem getting it all blended in.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 05/24/2013 3:54 pm

I would suggest Clinique City Block. It's a physical sunscreen using Zinc Oxide (10%). Zinc Oxide concentrations of 5% and above are known to calm acne and prevent you from breaking out so much. It's never broken me out. It's oil-free and non-comedogenic.

I use it over my moisturiser

MemberMember
(@rebeccafromla)

Posted : 05/26/2013 10:24 am

I tried the Clinique City Block and it left a white cast on my face. I would love a recommendation for a physical sunscreen that does not leave a white cast.

MemberMember
(@garza)

Posted : 05/26/2013 11:27 pm

I use one of the SPF moisturiser that Dan recommends in the product guide for the regimen, Olay Complete All Day UV moisturiser. I can't remember what exactly off the top of my head but I think there might be a cheeky couple of comedogenic ingredients in there, but it still works out great for me.

MemberMember
(@joeyicecream)

Posted : 05/28/2013 3:59 pm

I apply olay spf 30 complete defense after using dan's moisturizer

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 05/28/2013 7:40 pm

All physical sunscreens leave a white cast to some degree because that's just the nature of them. However, I've heard good things about invisible zinc

MemberMember
(@missalexcee)

Posted : 08/13/2013 7:36 pm

Hey nycqueen. How long have you been doing the mixing of those two products? And how much do you know to put? I'm tanning FAST & it's because I'm not using SPF.