Notifications
Clear all

Does Anyone Use Face Brushes/clarisonic/scrubby Pads?

MemberMember
(@kissses)

Posted : 05/16/2013 7:55 am

Last week I bought the precision pore cleansing pad at sephora (it's this little pink silicon thing) and have been using it to wash my face twice a day. Where before my skin was almost completely clear, I'm starting to break out on my chin and jawline, but I can't tell if it's related, because:

-I break out when I get my monthly but my birth control makes me not bleed or anything (sorry tmi) so I can't always tell when my breakouts are hormonal or not

-Sometimes people say that a new product can make your skin worse before it gets better (and my chin usually has a few blackheads so I'm not sure if they just "evolved" or what)

- How can something that feels so good on my face be bad for my skin?? :(

So should I back off the scrubbing for a while or keep going for a few more weeks?

MemberMember
(@kjoysmomma)

Posted : 05/28/2013 1:03 pm

Have you had any luck with this? I have been interested in the Clarisonic since I seem to always have blackheads and little bumps but I am scared of the purge.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 05/30/2013 12:35 am

I have one of those silicone scrubbers too but mine is a different brand. I feel like it breaks me out too. My skin always looks worse when I use it consistantly. I like my olay pro x spin brush and wash cloths better.

I feel like the silicone rubbing on my skin cuases some weird friction my skin doesn't like. Try using baby wash cloths instead of the silicone scrubby and see if your skin improves.

MemberMember
(@kt12345)

Posted : 05/30/2013 12:46 am

I can't imagine my life without my clarisonic. I use make up remover then my clarisonic every night. The clarisonic cleans 6x deeper than your hands. Typically, one might have a small breakout or bumps because of such a deep clean and it causes the pores to purge. However, after that your skin is just so smooth and clean. Like I said, I can't imagine life without it. It is SO worth shelling out the extra $. An investment to clean skin is worth it in my book :).

MemberMember
(@helton)

Posted : 05/30/2013 2:43 am

I love that scrubby thing! I bought the Loreal one where it comes with a bottle of cleanser (which I don't use, I only bought it cause of the scrubby. And it was only 6 bucks in Walgreens, I think Sephora one is like the same price but without the cleanser, not worth it.)

Just be careful when using it, don't apply too much pressure while "scrubbing".

And I found using it with a foamy cleanser works better than a non foaming one ( Like cetaphil)

Though I only use it when Im removing make up, it takes everything off soooo well. Note that I have tried alot of make up removers- wipes, oil etc

None of them came close to removing make up than just my scrubby+cleanser.