Notifications
Clear all

Hard Core Ketosis Is A Way Out Of Acne For Most.

MemberMember
(@athletichunta)

Posted : 05/15/2013 2:52 am

Hi I just made a thread on here. Talking about acne picking. I am a pickaholic. When I Have a break out sometimes I will pick so bad that I will stay inside up to 5 days without leaving, mostly 3 days. This has happened much less often of late but still happens every now and then,

I one time went 6 months without a single pimple when I Wa in very, very heavy ketosis. Extramly low carb, mid protein, very high fat diet. it Was a way out for me. I fell off when I realized I couldn't drink beer. Now I'm back because my acne is back with a vingence. I'm here now to let you guys know how things will go.

Ketosis cosist of. No bread, no sugar, no mid or high carbs basically. No cooked vegies. No fruit. Water only unless you want to drink diet coke and diet drink. Imo ecoli bacteria poop sweetener is gross. So I stay away now.

You can have 0 carb alcohole like vodka and what not I think. Gotta look more into this.

What you eat

Very high amounts of fat. Meat, eggs, coconut oil, raw veggies. water. oils fats butter with fat, everything with fat ect. You also need to suplement you diet with multivitamins I take 4 to 5 a day when on this diet. Also probiotics.can be helpful to.

You will not die of a heart attack. Heart dissease being caused by these things is a myth. Look Up the cholestrol myth on google.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/15/2013 3:41 am

Hi I just made a thread on here. Talking about acne picking. I am a pickaholic. When I Have a break out sometimes I will pick so bad that I will stay inside up to 5 days without leaving, mostly 3 days. This has happened much less often of late but still happens every now and then,

I one time went 6 months without a single pimple when I Wa in very, very heavy ketosis. Extramly low carb, mid protein, very high fat diet. it Was a way out for me. I fell off when I realized I couldn't drink beer. Now I'm back because my acne is back with a vingence. I'm here now to let you guys know how things will go.

Ketosis cosist of. No bread, no sugar, no mid or high carbs basically. No cooked vegies. No fruit. Water only unless you want to drink diet coke and diet drink. Imo ecoli bacteria poop sweetener is gross. So I stay away now.

You can have 0 carb alcohole like vodka and what not I think. Gotta look more into this.

What you eat

Very high amounts of fat. Meat, eggs, coconut oil, raw veggies. water. oils fats butter with fat, everything with fat ect. You also need to suplement you diet with multivitamins I take 4 to 5 a day when on this diet. Also probiotics.can be helpful to.

You will not die of a heart attack. Heart dissease being caused by these things is a myth. Look Up the cholestrol myth on google.

I am currently on a diet similar to this. The problem is, a lot of fat always hurts my stomach and I do not know why (it also does not make me full).

I have a few questions if you do not mind me asking

1) What type of meat do you consume? How much protein per day (how much do you weigh and what is your height as well)?

2) Do you eat 100 % grass fed butter or just plain butter?

3) Are your eggs pasture raised?

4) Can you consume any nuts without breaking out (or only specific nuts such as macadamia nuts)?

MemberMember
(@athletichunta)

Posted : 05/15/2013 2:10 pm

What you eat

I am currently on a diet similar to this. The problem is, a lot of fat always hurts my stomach and I do not know why (it also does not make me full).

1) What type of meat do you consume? How much protein per day (how much do you weigh and what is your height as well)?

4) Can you consume any nuts without breaking out (or only specific nuts such as macadamia nuts)?

You might have galbladder problems. YOu could do a clesne or take digestive enzymes. It's about 70% fat and 30 percent protein and. 70% saturated and 30% non saturatd. I eat only the amount I need to feel satisfied which is normally aolot less food than normal. I'm 170 pounds. Nuts not even a handful through the day. Only a few if any. Eggs are just normal eggs. I try to stay away from butter but no just normal butter.

I try to stay away from homogenized fats.milk ect. They cause heart issues not the fat themselves.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/15/2013 3:34 pm

What you eat

You might have galbladder problems. YOu could do a clesne or take digestive enzymes. It's about 70% fat and 30 percent protein and. 70% saturated and 30% non saturatd. I eat only the amount I need to feel satisfied which is normally aolot less food than normal. I'm 170 pounds. Nuts not even a handful through the day. Only a few if any. Eggs are just normal eggs. I try to stay away from butter but no just normal butter.

I try to stay away from homogenized fats.milk ect. They cause heart issues not the fat themselves.

Wow, how do you keep your weight on? I am 5"10 and half, 128 and I cannot gain any weight on this ketogenic diet.

Is it bad to eat too many nuts (specifically macadamia nuts)?

What other fat sources do you consume?

Any reason why you stay away from butter?

Do you consume any cheese?

Last but not least, which digestive enzymes should I be taking?

MemberMember
(@athletichunta)

Posted : 05/15/2013 5:31 pm

Probably a bile supplement but you also can do a cleanse. And I was 155 when I was in ketosis. I did lose weight. But the trick to ketosis is that when your body is burning fat it won't burn protein so your muscles won't lose mass like they would on a regular diet and if you work them out or are more active you will gain more muscle just because your in a very high state of ketosis.

To get the results with acne I didn't eat cheese. I did eat heavy whipping cream tho. To much protein can also turn into sugar.

Another thing that I'm doing is take 4 multi vitamins a day to compensate for nutritional lakc,

What What I understand is that fat molecules are round and hard like glass. They also contain air which makes them float to the surface of non homogenized milk. the homogenization process involves shattering these molecules to make the milk mix together without this happening and make it last longer, However shattering the molecules leaves behind these microscopic sharp fragments that when ingested make tiny cuts in the arteries when in the blood. This could wear away at the arteries and make them overtime become so thin that they burst. However the body compensates for this wear by repairing the damage of the arteries resulting in scar tissue that is made of cholesterol on the walls of the arteries. This process happens over and over again until the artery becomes so thick that it causes a heart attack. This is how heart disease is really caused.

So this is why I stay away from butter. and milk and such. Heavy whipping cream is not homogenized tho.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/17/2013 3:49 am

Probably a bile supplement but you also can do a cleanse. And I was 155 when I was in ketosis. I did lose weight. But the trick to ketosis is that when your body is burning fat it won't burn protein so your muscles won't lose mass like they would on a regular diet and if you work them out or are more active you will gain more muscle just because your in a very high state of ketosis.

To get the results with acne I didn't eat cheese. I did eat heavy whipping cream tho. To much protein can also turn into sugar.

Another thing that I'm doing is take 4 multi vitamins a day to compensate for nutritional lakc,

What What I understand is that fat molecules are round and hard like glass. They also contain air which makes them float to the surface of non homogenized milk. the homogenization process involves shattering these molecules to make the milk mix together without this happening and make it last longer, However shattering the molecules leaves behind these microscopic sharp fragments that when ingested make tiny cuts in the arteries when in the blood. This could wear away at the arteries and make them overtime become so thin that they burst. However the body compensates for this wear by repairing the damage of the arteries resulting in scar tissue that is made of cholesterol on the walls of the arteries. This process happens over and over again until the artery becomes so thick that it causes a heart attack. This is how heart disease is really caused.

So this is why I stay away from butter. and milk and such. Heavy whipping cream is not homogenized tho.

Is pasteurized the same as homogenized? Is it safe to consume pasteurized dairy?

From my research, ghee (particularly if it is grass fed) is an ideal food product

Regarding the heavy cream, which brand name heavy cream do you consume and how much of it?

Also, minus the heart issue from butter, does it give you acne?

MemberMember
(@misclegend)

Posted : 05/19/2013 9:34 pm

The only carbs I usually eat is oats or oatmeal really anyway.

I don't think I can do full ketosis because I have a high calorie matience that will be to hard to keep up without carbs and I want to get stronger.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/20/2013 4:45 am

I don't think I can do full ketosis because I have a high calorie matience that will be to hard to keep up without carbs and I want to get stronger.

What diet do you follow?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/20/2013 8:56 am

What have you done to try to improve your metabolism of fats? http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/230714-good-things-for-the-many-factors-that-lead-to-acne/page-2#entry2637530

MemberMember
(@misclegend)

Posted : 05/20/2013 8:57 am

What diet do you follow?

I don't really follow a diet I just eat cheap healthy foods.

What diet do you follow?

I don't really follow a diet I just eat cheap healthy foods like...

eggs, oats, fruits, carrots, hamburgers, steak.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 05/20/2013 10:44 am

What you eat

this is similar to my diet other than the fact that i eat cooked veggies and fruits. it has made me mostly clear. i notice that the more carbs i cut the clearer i get

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/20/2013 3:13 pm

What have you done to try to improve your metabolism of fats? http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/230714-good-things-for-the-many-factors-that-lead-to-acne/page-2#entry2637530

Basically, I eat healthy (veggies, fruits, lots of fat, particularly ghee, olive oil, animal fat). I exercise daily. I get enough vitamin d (30-40 mins of a sun a day). I sleep about 8-9 hours. What else can i do?