Notifications
Clear all

Post Accutane

MemberMember
(@twinsfan57)

Posted : 05/14/2013 6:59 pm

Hello all. I am about to finish my Accutane course in 6 days. Everything has cleared up well besides a few red marks. Now the question is, what should I use to wash my face again? I can either use some stuff that kept it moderate for awhile in Jr high, or try something completely different. I am thinking something along the lines of a 2 percentsalicylic acid wash or some cleansing pads. I have had better luck with salicylic acid than bp, so please don't suggest the regimen. Simplicity would be preferred. Let me know what you guys think

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/14/2013 7:25 pm

Hey - congrats on getting the results that you wanted! i would recommend you use a non medicated cleanser and moisturizer. Don't introduce any acne product. If you want to be preventative, then i recommend a retinoid to keep your pores clear (retin a/retin a micro)

MemberMember
(@twinsfan57)

Posted : 05/14/2013 9:34 pm

Hey - congrats on getting the results that you wanted! i would recommend you use a non medicated cleanser and moisturizer. Don't introduce any acne product. If you want to be preventative, then i recommend a retinoid to keep your pores clear (retin a/retin a micro)

Ok, I can use my old cetaphil cleanser. However, what are the chances of it coming back? I just don't want to deal with it all again.

MemberMember
(@whereismymind)

Posted : 05/14/2013 10:56 pm

Yeah, I second using a retinoid for maintenance after your skin becomes less sensitive. I did a really successful round of Accutane when I was 19 for pretty mild acne and a year later it started to creep back. But I don't mean to be discouraging- after Accutane I wasn't using anything on my face, not even a salicylic acid face wash or anything. I'm sure if you continue to take care of your skin then it won't come back.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/15/2013 3:17 am

i would say 1% SA wash.

MemberMember
(@twinsfan57)

Posted : 05/15/2013 7:29 am

Hmmmm I have a tough decision to make. I've just never been to big a fan of tretinoin. As long as a salicylic acid wash would keep it mild, I wouldn't care. I just don't want to go back to moderate to severe.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/15/2013 6:44 pm

No one can say for sure of your acne will come back but i do think a lot of people relapse, though it is probably not as severe as before so.............

I had a decent experience with atralin which was retin a .05% but quite mild so you may want to look into it. Don't stress it though. Enjoy your skin, get a routine and stick with it. If acne comes back down the line, then you'll deal with it then