Notifications
Clear all

Gentle Facewash That Works?

MemberMember
(@lama1)

Posted : 05/09/2013 9:16 pm

What is a good gentle face wash that works? I'm on retin a and need to switch to a gentle cleanser but none of the ones I tried take off sunblock which I wear every day, or make up. I even tried washing my face for a longer period of time, when you wipe your face with a tissue, you can still see the make up left over. I tried the oily cleansers too, like Albolene, that are supposed to be gentle but they didn't work for me.

MemberMember
(@forquestions)

Posted : 05/09/2013 11:24 pm

Oats. Just plain quaker oats. Like, no joke. I've vowed to pretty much never go back to store bought cleansers ever again. Here's the post I made about it so I don't just ramble and repeat stuff.

MemberMember
(@magic)

Posted : 05/13/2013 9:34 pm

Oil cleansing method. Believe me, it took me 16 acne filled years before I even tried it, it just sounded so daft, it has absolutely worked miracles for me and I feel I wasted so much time and money on other treatments.

My skin routine is now so damn simple and above all completely gentle and 100% natural.

Night time:

Wash my face with the oil cleansing method (I use a mix of castor oil and jojoba oil)

Morning:

Splash my face with water.

That's it, no other products go on my face at all. (tho I'm going to start putting some drops of essential oils into my oil mixture to help heal scars)

My face has never looked or felt better. The twice daily benzoyl peroxide routine does also get me clear, but I starting looking for alternatives to that years ago, because it really felt like it was doing my skin no good at all, just papering over the cracks.

Now I need something natural and as effective as the OCM for my body acne, I've just started using magnesium oil for it and initial results look very positive.

I never had chest acne ever until recent months and it suddenly got really bad when I started supplementing with zinc and b5, it's calmed down now I've stopped those sups.

But yea, the oil cleansing method is the best thing I've ever done for my skin.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/21/2013 7:05 am

You should remove your makeup with a makeup wipe before washing your face it works a lot better! As for gentle cleansers i really enjoy spectro gel, even though it doesnt lather it gets my face clean!

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 05/23/2013 5:38 pm

Check in to Dickinsons Witch Hazel Foaming Facial Wash. I have been using it ~9 months and it has been a very good face cleanser. Non irritating, no sulfates, no parabens, and does well with the oil control.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 05/30/2013 11:40 am

well to take off product pre-cleanse try the wipes by Simples or a bit pricey Bioderma on a cotton wool (like i do). A cleanser that i rec would be CeraVe Foaming Cleanser (my favorite before Accutane). Except i find it works best if you make it into a really foamy lather in your hangs and then cleanse skin (use a two finger circular motion to get off product delicately) This is what i did before my medicine and will most def be going back to after im done. I wash my face at the sink after i shower and in the morning to make sure my hands are clean from dirt and shampoo/Cond. Also wash face with tepid to cool water. Again this is just my recc, im not a doctor :) Good luck!

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/30/2013 2:59 pm

CeraVe foaming facial wash. Best product I've ever used. Takes off my makeup easily with only 1 pump and quickly. It foams up great doesn't make your skin feel tight or anything and it doesnt overly dry and it smells nice. I love it I used it while I was on accutane and I still use it today, along with their moisturizing cream and their am lotion that has a SPF 30 in it. CeraVe products are the nicest products I've come across that dont cost a arm and a leg.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 07/25/2013 6:01 pm

Avene Soapless Gel Cleanser in the morning, Lush Ultrabland for taking off makeup at night.