[Acne Pics] Skin Wo...

Notifications
Clear all

[Acne Pics] Skin Worse Than Ever, 3 Weeks On The Regimen

MemberMember
(@stfyou)

Posted : 05/07/2013 4:03 pm

Hello all, I'm an 17 year old male with an acne problem that came out of no where, I have a hunch that its hormonal acne, but I'm not sure. I started off battling my acne with Neutrogena Facial cleanser and just that, turns out I needed to moisturize after using it, so I picked up Clean&Clear dual action moisturizer with salicylic acid to use after.

Well, those two things didn't work so I researched a little and stumbled upon the Acne.Org regimen. Well, I couldn't buy Dans product's so I went to the store and bought Clean&Clear daily cleanser and Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%. I started doing this 2 times a day, following the regimen method closely.

Well I got rid of the Clean&Clear moisturizer with salicylic acid in it, and went to the store and bought cetaphil mositurizng cream

So my regimen goes as follows, I do the cleanser in the shower two times a day, gently pat my face dry and wait 10-15 minutes.

Then I apply the benzoyl peroxide, I use half a fingers length to begin with and I glide it over my face.

I wait around 10 minutes, if i wait any longer, my skin becomes tight and all my acne turns white and flakey.

I then apply the cetaphil moisturizing cream, and I glide it all over, it makes my skin feel really oily so I don't know if its the moisturizer for me.

I feel like my acne is getting worse. most my acne is around my mouth and on my jawline. It hurts pretty bad, and when i bend down I can feel it throbbing. It's really getting to me, and I don't know if i should continue doing what I'm doing.

I don't know if it's hormonal acne or not, but it just keeps popping up in clusters all around my chin, am I doing something wrong?

Should I try to incorporate AHA into my regimen?

Should I see a dermatologist?

post-207422-0-74366800-1367960424_thumb.

post-207422-0-77207600-1367960425_thumb.

post-207422-0-74388800-1367960427_thumb.

post-207422-0-76195600-1367960429_thumb.

post-207422-0-74366800-1367960424_thumb.

post-207422-0-77207600-1367960425_thumb.

post-207422-0-74388800-1367960427_thumb.

post-207422-0-76195600-1367960429_thumb.

MemberMember
(@kbeex3)

Posted : 05/07/2013 4:36 pm

hey i dont know about the regimen cause i havent done it personally but the cetaphil mostizer i did not like at all it made my face oily as well and burn sometimes i would suggest trying something else look around here and see what other people suggest and i think its the bp making your face worse i would see a derm and see if they can help you out thats what i did cause i finally had enough! hope it all works out for ya

also do you smoke? that could maybe be it to or if you touch your mouth alot? but it could be hormanal i believe mine is cause it still hasnt let up after my treatments

MemberMember
(@mariahg)

Posted : 05/07/2013 4:40 pm

I began the regimen and the early weeks were terrible for me, I broke out more than I ever have before. But I told myself that I was just purging, it was just an initial breakout and while I'm still breaking out at nearly 2 months it is so much better than it was. Stick with it, I'd give it at least 3 months.

MemberMember
(@stfyou)

Posted : 05/07/2013 4:44 pm

hey i dont know about the regimen cause i havent done it personally but the cetaphil mostizer i did not like at all it made my face oily as well and burn sometimes i would suggest trying something else look around here and see what other people suggest and i think its the bp making your face worse i would see a derm and see if they can help you out thats what i did cause i finally had enough! hope it all works out for ya

also do you smoke? that could maybe be it to or if you touch your mouth alot? but it could be hormanal i believe mine is cause it still hasnt let up after my treatments

Hmm, the cetaphil cream has good reviews, but maybe it just isnt for me.. And no I don't smoke, looks like I'll just have to see a dermatologist.

I began the regimen and the early weeks were terrible for me, I broke out more than I ever have before. But I told myself that I was just purging, it was just an initial breakout and while I'm still breaking out at nearly 2 months it is so much better than it was. Stick with it, I'd give it at least 3 months.

3 months seems like a while, but dan said patience was key, so I guess i'll have to be patient with this one.

MemberMember
(@ask24)

Posted : 05/07/2013 7:10 pm

There is something internal wrong in your body, it can't be cured using only topical stuff.

check out my post

Try altering stuff in your diet. What do you typically eat?

MemberMember
(@stfyou)

Posted : 05/07/2013 7:41 pm

There is something internal wrong in your body, it can't be cured using only topical stuff.

check out my post

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/328686-powerful-detox-drink/

Are you positive that it's my diet? Is there any way to prove this?

i typically eat: Cereal in the morning, PB&J and chips for lunch, and many different things for dinner including meat, pasta, etc

I pretty much cut soda and fast food off

MemberMember
(@ask24)

Posted : 05/07/2013 7:56 pm

check out my post

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/328686-powerful-detox-drink/

i typically eat: Cereal in the morning, PB&J and chips for lunch, and many different things for dinner including meat, pasta, etc

The root cause of many diseases is the digestive system. What you put into your body is what you get out. Some people who have crappy diets may not get acne but they may end up with another problem, like arthritis for example.

If you don't believe me, try increasing vegetables in your diet, remove bad saturated fats (like chips temporarily), yeast in bread makes some people break out as well (opt for gluten free bread). You may have an allergy to food without knowing it.

If you think about it, people in farm areas or tribal areas have almost no acne, because they don't have junk food very accessible.

Also consider the evolution of humans, how long have fruits and vegetables been on earth compared to chemically prepared foods? The toxic chemicals you put into your system, the body has to recover by maintaining equilibrium, so eruptions on your face could be the first place for the toxins to be released.

My advice is not to change everything all at once, because it will be overwhelming. Once your body detoxifies, your skin will get slightly worse and then it gets alot better. No soda and fast food is a great first step.

Most people try to resolve their skin condition externally but its all internal, this also includes other skin disorders like eczema.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/07/2013 8:46 pm

Don't sweat it! I know it is worrying to look at but my skin was at its worse during the 3rd and 4th week of the regimen. I just had all these new cycts form on my jawline and a couple also came out on my forehead and cheeks where I didn't usually get acne. So, it happens. Doesn't mean that the regimen is not working, it just takes a while for it to clear your skin. Give it some more time.

MemberMember
(@gillianbb)

Posted : 05/07/2013 9:03 pm

I think you b better try to order the dan's products online .Maybe give yourself one more month to see it.If nothing change, go to visit demonologist.I experienced initial break out as well.but the acne I got is not like yours.Mine are so red and big and getting smaller at last. And there is no white head .dont give up a lot of people are supporting you.acne will go away soon .nothing is forever including acne

MemberMember
(@stfyou)

Posted : 05/07/2013 9:21 pm

Don't sweat it! I know it is worrying to look at but my skin was at its worse during the 3rd and 4th week of the regimen. I just had all these new cycts form on my jawline and a couple also came out on my forehead and cheeks where I didn't usually get acne. So, it happens. Doesn't mean that the regimen is not working, it just takes a while for it to clear your skin. Give it some more time.

I saw the progress you made, and its awesome! Just a couple questions though:

Would you reccomend AHA?

Also my cetaphil moisturizer slightly burns when i put it on and it feels greasy so should i switch to something else like jojoba oil?

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 05/07/2013 9:24 pm

Obviously, there's something wrong inside your body. It's your genes. You can't cure acne with topicals nor with diet, you'll have to maintain a regimen (whether topical, internal or a combination) until you "grow out" of it.

There's no proof that diet causes acne, so please don't go overboard by cutting out food sources and potentially causing all sorts of other health issues. There's some evidence that dairy (milk, especially) can exacerbate acne, but other than that, there's no evidence. Of course, focusing on vegetables and avoiding or limiting things like sugar and fast food should be a priority. Vegetables are very important for overall health, as is fruit. Just try to make your diet as balanced as you can (preferably moderate-low GL), seeing that you're 17 and probably living with your parents. And don't stress about it.

I would keep going with your current regimen, except maybe find a moisturizer that you're happier with.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/07/2013 10:16 pm

I saw the progress you made, and its awesome! Just a couple questions though:

Would you reccomend AHA?

Also my cetaphil moisturizer slightly burns when i put it on and it feels greasy so should i switch to something else like jojoba oil?

Yeah, it kinda still blows my mind that it worked for me as other products have not made this significant of a change.

I do recommend the AHA 100%! But you should start using it about the 5th or 6th week when your skin is already used to the BP.

About the moisturizer...being the 3rd week. Putting anything on your face will feel like its burning. Moisturizer, sunscreen, make-up. I felt terrible when I was still at that stage of the regimen. It is normal, but it will pass. I do recommend adding a few drops of jojoba oil everytime you use moisturizer because it helps with the dry feeling.

If you think your cetaphil is to greasy and oily feeling then I suggest using it just at night. You can go for a lighter moisturizer in the AM. I use a gel based moisturizer from Clinique in the morning so my face doesnt look like an oil slick. It is a bit pricey but considering I use it in the morning only it lasts me around 3-4 months. The cetaphil lotion I only use at night because I really don't mind it if Im just going to bed and you face feels really soft in the morning if you really lather it on at night.

Don't get discouraged man! The pain I went through was totally worth it. I hope yours will be too! :)

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 05/07/2013 11:35 pm

I remember when I was 17 (I'm 29) I had acne around my jaw, and it tooks like 2 years to clear up completely

MemberMember
(@helton)

Posted : 05/08/2013 1:19 am

I had major chin acne too ever since I was a teen, but I rarely break out on there anymore.

Here's something that I learned to do to stop chin acne after all these years:

Wash face, wait 10 minutes for skin to dry and balance out the PH itself, then apply generous amount of BP.

(My personal favorite BP is Clean & Clear's 10%, it's about 8 dollars in Walgreens. It dries quick, doesn't make my skin flaky and controls oil well.)

Most importanly Do not apply moisturizer on top, but do apply oil free sunblock if you are out in the sun after 10 mins of applying BP.

(The reason for not applying moisturizer is because the pores are clogged and inflamed already, there's no need to an extra coating on top of it to make it even harder to get rid the clogged pores.)

( And the reason why I emphasize on waiting between applying each product is because we need to give time for things to get absorbed in skin, and for the skin to work itself out. We shouldn't put a bunch of stuff together and just hope it works. )

In short, ONLY wash and apply BP, and nothing else.

If you have have Retina-A then it's even better, apply at night alone, then BP in the morning.

That's what I have conducted to work on myself after 10+ years from having acne.

MemberMember
(@stfyou)

Posted : 05/08/2013 6:32 pm

I had major chin acne too ever since I was a teen, but I rarely break out on there anymore.

Here's something that I learned to do to stop chin acne after all these years:

Wash face, wait 10 minutes for skin to dry and balance out the PH itself, then apply generous amount of BP.

(My personal favorite BP is Clean & Clear's 10%, it's about 8 dollars in Walgreens. It dries quick, doesn't make my skin flaky and controls oil well.)

Most importanly Do not apply moisturizer on top, but do apply oil free sunblock if you are out in the sun after 10 mins of applying BP.

(The reason for not applying moisturizer is because the pores are clogged and inflamed already, there's no need to an extra coating on top of it to make it even harder to get rid the clogged pores.)

( And the reason why I emphasize on waiting between applying each product is because we need to give time for things to get absorbed in skin, and for the skin to work itself out. We shouldn't put a bunch of stuff together and just hope it works. )

In short, ONLY wash and apply BP, and nothing else.

If you have have Retina-A then it's even better, apply at night alone, then BP in the morning.

That's what I have conducted to work on myself after 10+ years from having acne.

Won't my face dry out and flake like crazy then if i follow this?