Notifications
Clear all

Turmeric As An Overnight Spot Treatment For Pimples- It Worked For Me. Also, Help Needed With Pih. Pic Inside.

MemberMember
(@rinakaushik)

Posted : 05/07/2013 3:48 pm

Hi everybody, I'm new to this site and this is my second post.

After I realised that I'm allergic to BP, I started looking for alternative natural spot treatments. I used to get an occasional pimple once every few months all these years, but threading has caused my chin to break out. I made a paste of turmeric powder and water and applied it only on my two active pimples overnight. In the morning, my skin was stained yellow. One pimple had dried up and had become smaller but the other was unaffected. I repeated the process the next night. In the morning, the dried up pimple had almost gone away and the other pimple filled with pus fell off.

Whenever I get pus filled pimples, they leave a PIH mark although I never touch them or pick them. The pus pimple that fell off has left a mark too but I think I can help fade it with turmeric. The other pimple that dried up will hopefully leave no trace.

With regards to the yellow staining, it goes away when you wash your face in the morning.

Do try it out after performing a patch test to ensure that you are not allergic and let me know. People who have already used turmeric can please share their experiences.

Attached below is a picture of my chin taken now. I have highlighted the pimples that turmeric helped remove. Can anyone help me with my PIH marks?

Please do reply. It does wonders to know that someone has an opinion or idea to help me when I am feeling hopeless.

post-207778-0-13265300-1367959665_thumb.

post-207778-0-13265300-1367959665_thumb.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/08/2013 4:40 am

ur skin is almost perfect..u're over stressing.

i think u should relax.

u have no reason to feel 'hopeless'..

check this

u hardly have a few spots.its nothing.

as for turmeric,yes its good.

its anti-bacterial and many say it helps with PIH as well.

MemberMember
(@rinakaushik)

Posted : 05/09/2013 3:18 am

ur skin is almost perfect..u're over stressing.

i think u should relax.

u have no reason to feel 'hopeless'..

check this http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/image/49406-my-acne/

u hardly have a few spots.its nothing.

as for turmeric,yes its good.

its anti-bacterial and many say it helps with PIH as well.

Thanks aanabill! Everyone says I'm over stressing but it happens sometimes. I'm sure everyone has been in this state before. I'll try to calm down now. Thanks a lot :-)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/09/2013 4:20 am

stress can harm u know.

specially because u've hardly got anything at all.

i dnt think u have many zits or even heads on ur cheeks or forehead.just a few teeny-tiny spots on ur chin.they aint even noticeable.

*jealous*

haha!

-love

MemberMember
(@rinakaushik)

Posted : 05/09/2013 2:57 pm

stress can harm u know.

specially because u've hardly got anything at all.

i dnt think u have many zits or even heads on ur cheeks or forehead.just a few teeny-tiny spots on ur chin.they aint even noticeable.

*jealous*

haha!

-love

Update- I met the derm today and this is what he prescribed for my acne marks- Ystheal cream. ( http://www.aveneusa.com/ystheal-cream/ ) It has retinaldehyde and a pre-cursor of vitamin E. I haven't bought it yet as it is a little expensive. I have read that tretinoin, retinol and retinaldehyde all cause the dreaded initial breakout. Will this cream cause an initial break out too? Note that I intend to use it only on my chin and that stubborn spot of my cheek (from the other post, which he said is something like a cyst which is healing, so you were right :-P) I will be using it every other day. Can you please help me out here. If it will cause the initial breakout, I might as well steer clear of it.

Has anyone used a 6% glycolic acid cream to fade PIH?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/10/2013 3:47 am

i must admit i was actually quite surprised when u n others were quite sure its not a cystic papule.

=p =)

initial breakout is not a must for everyone.some have it,some doesnt.

its a gamble.

also,sometimes a product doesnt suit someone but people think its initial breakout and carry one.its a varied response system.

anyway,i am actually quite amazed that u visited a derma for those 3 spots on ur chin and one on ur cheek.

am quite sure she/he 've charged u rs 300-500 approx.

haha.

i checked the link.its said to be anti-ageing.

y would he give u that?if its only for marks.

beware.dermas are attached to med companies.

but i am not blaming everyone here.

let me search a lil more and i'll come back to u.

how old r u?do u even need a anti-ageing cream btw?

MemberMember
(@rinakaushik)

Posted : 05/11/2013 8:42 am

i must admit i was actually quite surprised when u n others were quite sure its not a cystic papule.

=p =)

initial breakout is not a must for everyone.some have it,some doesnt.

its a gamble.

also,sometimes a product doesnt suit someone but people think its initial breakout and carry one.its a varied response system.

anyway,i am actually quite amazed that u visited a derma for those 3 spots on ur chin and one on ur cheek.

am quite sure she/he 've charged u rs 300-500 approx.

haha.

i checked the link.its said to be anti-ageing.

y would he give u that?if its only for marks.

beware.dermas are attached to med companies.

but i am not blaming everyone here.

let me search a lil more and i'll come back to u.

how old r u?do u even need a anti-ageing cream btw?

I went to the derm for laser hair removal enquiry so got this checked as well. I'm 24 years old. Derm was quite rude when I told him I dont want a cream with hydroquinone. He said I'm acting too smart and need to get my brain cleaned out and that the internet is full of crap. I got majorly pissed off and wont be going to him now.

Any inputs on retinaldehyde? I was previously prescribed tretinoin for acne marks but didnt go about using it because of fear of initial breakout. Does spot application also cause initial break out all over face?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/11/2013 8:51 am

why dont u want a cream with hydroquinone?

i've never used it.

i'll see if i get any info on it.

u could use a low% bha or aha.

but where on earth do u have marks anyway?

the chin ones?

MemberMember
(@rinakaushik)

Posted : 05/11/2013 12:07 pm

i've never used it.

the chin ones?

Hydroquinone is a proven carcinogen. I so don't want to use it, though it supposedly gets rid of PIH in a month or less.

I'm looking at using Glyco 6 (Glycolic acid 6% cream) on the marks on my chin (yes the ones on my chin only) Can you help me out here? I've had it with derms.

I've been using turmeric daily, been about 3 days. Posting pictures for you to see (both cheek and chin)

Do you think my cheek needs BP? How long does a pimple under the skin take to heal. This was a normal pimple that healed and then formed a lump under the skin.

If you were me, what would you do? I'm sharing pics so you have a better idea.

MemberMember
(@rinakaushik)

Posted : 05/11/2013 12:07 pm

i've never used it.

the chin ones?

Hydroquinone is a proven carcinogen. I so don't want to use it, though it supposedly gets rid of PIH in a month or less.

I'm looking at using Glyco 6 (Glycolic acid 6% cream) on the marks on my chin (yes the ones on my chin only) Can you help me out here? I've had it with derms.

I've been using turmeric daily, been about 3 days. Posting pictures for you to see (both cheek and chin)

Do you think my cheek needs BP? How long does a pimple under the skin take to heal. This was a normal pimple that healed and then formed a lump under the skin.

If you were me, what would you do? I'm sharing pics so you have a better idea.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/11/2013 1:07 pm

1stly,i wasnt aware of HQ being carcinogenic.i'll check.

now,as for ur chin..they just post-acne spots right?

the acne or zits are gone?

u can apply pure sandalwood paste with rosewater.

please dont use those powdered stuff they sell at the store.(once such a pack caused break out).

its suppose to work on both zits(by drying them) and spots/blemishes(its got lightning property).

its natural,organic so as expected will take some time.there's one red sandalwood and another white.could u find out which one works better for marks.

u can carry on turmeric paste,its anti-bacterial.

how fast r u even expecting to get rid of it?

btw,3 days is nothing.

as for ur chin,i have had similar experience.

difference being mine was a pustule.

am not sure if urs' was.

i had a cystic acne along with swelling around it.

the mouth of the acne(after some pus were out) got cleared but the swelling remained for weeks.

its been about 1.5 mnths or more.

its totally gone.

all i did is,not mess with it.

the more u irritate..the more trouble they tend to give.

are u sort of in hurry?

because i can realise that u want perfect skin..fast.

well i freak out when i need to go anywhere near the guy i've a crush on.

only to realise later that it dint matter much.

if that was me..i would 1st and foremost stop worrying so much.it will only cause more stress which is bad for skin.

i've told u before,i'm repeating.

if u have only those chin ones and that one point on ur cheek..trust me u've almost perfect skin.

even celebs get photoshopped..u dont even need that.

as for treatment goes,i would have use something like clindamycin on the cystic zit.

but nothing medicinal on the chin ones(if they are healed by now).

dont use bp.it will onky darken it..plus,it doesnt have a mouth.

& give it time.

atleast 3 wks to a mnth.

u r sure to see changes.

how's ur diet or lifestyle like?

do u usualy get skin issues?

is ur face or body clear apart from these two parts?

forehead etc?

what cleanser do u use?

MemberMember
(@rinakaushik)

Posted : 05/12/2013 9:14 am

1stly,i wasnt aware of HQ being carcinogenic.i'll check.

now,as for ur chin..they just post-acne spots right?

the acne or zits are gone?

u can apply pure sandalwood paste with rosewater.

please dont use those powdered stuff they sell at the store.(once such a pack caused break out).

its suppose to work on both zits(by drying them) and spots/blemishes(its got lightning property).

its natural,organic so as expected will take some time.there's one red sandalwood and another white.could u find out which one works better for marks.

u can carry on turmeric paste,its anti-bacterial.

how fast r u even expecting to get rid of it?

btw,3 days is nothing.

as for ur chin,i have had similar experience.

difference being mine was a pustule.

am not sure if urs' was.

i had a cystic acne along with swelling around it.

the mouth of the acne(after some pus were out) got cleared but the swelling remained for weeks.

its been about 1.5 mnths or more.

its totally gone.

all i did is,not mess with it.

the more u irritate..the more trouble they tend to give.

are u sort of in hurry?

because i can realise that u want perfect skin..fast.

well i freak out when i need to go anywhere near the guy i've a crush on.

only to realise later that it dint matter much.

if that was me..i would 1st and foremost stop worrying so much.it will only cause more stress which is bad for skin.

i've told u before,i'm repeating.

if u have only those chin ones and that one point on ur cheek..trust me u've almost perfect skin.

even celebs get photoshopped..u dont even need that.

as for treatment goes,i would have use something like clindamycin on the cystic zit.

but nothing medicinal on the chin ones(if they are healed by now).

dont use bp.it will onky darken it..plus,it doesnt have a mouth.

& give it time.

atleast 3 wks to a mnth.

u r sure to see changes.

forehead etc?

what cleanser do u use?

Hey Aanabill, I had the most clear and perfect skin until about an year back. That's why I'm obsessing about it so much. I know I shouldn't but I never imagined having skin issues in my life.

I've got a sandalwood block at home. I'll use that from now. I'm ready to be patient, wait for 2 months or so. But I've known people getting very fast results with certain creams so I asked you if you know something.

I'll use clindamycin on the cheek zit like you said. In the meantime, can you do research on tretinoin / retinaldehyde? I couldn't find much so I'm asking you.

I use cetaphil cleansing lotion and have been using it all my life. it's my HG cleaner!

If you have clear skin, great. If you want to treat skin from within, try this- Himalaya Purim tablets. Natural blood purifier. Take a course for 2 months or so, trust me you will see a difference.

You're so sweet. I see that you are helping not just me but many others on the forum. God bless you! :-)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/12/2013 1:36 pm

i can understand sometimes hormonal(or insulin spikes) cause skin issues all of sudden.

i'm actually younger than u..and i had my initial big issues for stress..it has lessened with time.

also,i work on my lifestyle and diet for over all health.

weight loss seems so easy now.=)

in fact i am trying to gain some weight..while two years ago i was dying to lose weight.

i am trying to relate the benefits of holistic living.

as for the research,i will need a few days.i'll let u know whatever i find.

if u r sure a certain cleanser or cream(or anything) is working for u then u should continue.

everyone's skin different.

so what may be bad for others(Not necessarily) may not be bad for u.

it also depends on th weather u have there.which part of india are u from?

blood purifiers are a lil' scary.some people(may be i will) have initial break out.

its called purging.

its similar to safi or that kind of products.

am sure its good.himalaya is a trusted brand.

but if u include good stuff and repairing,healing food items in ur diet.regularly..there's less need of any supplement or med.

even then i take supplements..just to be sure.

thank u very much for suggesting.=)

also,its very nice of u to say that.

but the joy and satisfaction i get if anyone at all is benefited from the lil' idea i have about acne,skin,diet etc is unmatched.

that is one reason i visit this forum everyday and whenever i can even if i dont have any question.

i understand the desperation and helplessness people have abt skin/looks.

i too had a phase bad..u're lucky infact..u must have seen how severe some people are.i hope u never have to face that!

even now i sometimes freak out (sometimes even at small things)..but am more stable and mature now than i was.=)

cheers!

forehead etc?

MemberMember
(@rinakaushik)

Posted : 05/12/2013 2:23 pm

i can understand sometimes hormonal(or insulin spikes) cause skin issues all of sudden.

i'm actually younger than u..and i had my initial big issues for stress..it has lessened with time.

also,i work on my lifestyle and diet for over all health.

weight loss seems so easy now.=)

in fact i am trying to gain some weight..while two years ago i was dying to lose weight.

i am trying to relate the benefits of holistic living.

as for the research,i will need a few days.i'll let u know whatever i find.

if u r sure a certain cleanser or cream(or anything) is working for u then u should continue.

everyone's skin different.

so what may be bad for others(Not necessarily) may not be bad for u.

it also depends on th weather u have there.which part of india are u from?

blood purifiers are a lil' scary.some people(may be i will) have initial break out.

its called purging.

its similar to safi or that kind of products.

am sure its good.himalaya is a trusted brand.

but if u include good stuff and repairing,healing food items in ur diet.regularly..there's less need of any supplement or med.

even then i take supplements..just to be sure.

thank u very much for suggesting.=)

also,its very nice of u to say that.

but the joy and satisfaction i get if anyone at all is benefited from the lil' idea i have about acne,skin,diet etc is unmatched.

that is one reason i visit this forum everyday and whenever i can even if i dont have any question.

i understand the desperation and helplessness people have abt skin/looks.

i too had a phase bad..u're lucky infact..u must have seen how severe some people are.i hope u never have to face that!

even now i sometimes freak out (sometimes even at small things)..but am more stable and mature now than i was.=)

cheers!

forehead etc?

Thanks a lot! Like you, I get stressed very easily and for small things. Stuff that is no big deal for others is huge for me. I'm trying to overcome this.

I'm confident Purim wont break you out. Anyway you can check it out.

I live in South India. Its hot only in the summers. Else climate is pleasant.

My diet is good. I'm a vegetarian and I don't eat junk. But I eat sweets. It has always been like this though.

My lifestyle is healthy too.

Except for chin and spot on cheek, I have no more issues. Please suggest something for the PIH. What has worked for you in the past? Can you share tips about how you overcame stress? Please share tips about your current diet.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/13/2013 4:12 am

i use a aha wash(1%) is good for clogged pores and also suppose to help PIH.

i used to use niltan(lightener) but i dnt use it anymore because its not good for pores.

lemon works in belaching but it doesnt suit all.like me..more many others its no problem.

but it does help for sure in lightening.

also,one has to careful about the strength of juice used.

lactic acid also is known to lighten as well as clean.

but following the right method is very important.

sandalwood like i've told u before is effective too.

do u use a white stick?

use it twice a day if u can.

MemberMember
(@rinakaushik)

Posted : 05/14/2013 3:04 am

i use a aha wash(1%) is good for clogged pores and also suppose to help PIH.

i used to use niltan(lightener) but i dnt use it anymore because its not good for pores.

lemon works in belaching but it doesnt suit all.like me..more many others its no problem.

but it does help for sure in lightening.

also,one has to careful about the strength of juice used.

lactic acid also is known to lighten as well as clean.

but following the right method is very important.

sandalwood like i've told u before is effective too.

do u use a white stick?

use it twice a day if u can.

Hey! I read your regimen. Sounds great to me. I'm planning to join a yoga class soon.

Which AHA face wash do you use? Have you tried AHAglow face wash? My friend went from a face full of zits to no zits in 2 months after using this. But it makes my skin dry.

Lemon juice doesn't work for me. I've tried it and it made no difference.

I've got a white sandalwood stick. It seems to be atleast a century old. LOL :-)

Have you ever tried Adapalene? Or a combination of Adapalene and Clindamycin? Faceclin-A gel has this. It used to work on small bumps almost overnight. Do try it out.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/14/2013 4:26 am

saslic foaming face wash(1%).

yes,i've used faceclin gel in past.its good.

its really good.

after i finish this tube i think i will get that instead.

MemberMember
(@rinakaushik)

Posted : 05/16/2013 9:15 am

saslic foaming face wash(1%).

yes,i've used faceclin gel in past.its good.

its really good.

after i finish this tube i think i will get that instead.

AHAglow is a bit drying so do be careful. I've replied to your message. Have just been abl;e to log in after 2 days.