Notifications
Clear all

New Spot Treatment - Need Your Help Naming It

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 05/07/2013 2:13 pm

We have finalized a spot treatment which includes 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and 10% glycolic acid. It also contains ayurvedics, anti-inflammatories, and a ton of other good stuff. We're hopeful that it will pass stability, but there are never any guarantees when it comes to that, so fingers crossed.
If it does pass, we will be releasing it, but we still need to decide on a name. Please vote in the poll below and let us know which name you prefer.
Don't like either? Post your ideas below.
(@LewisS)

Posted : 05/07/2013 2:25 pm

Definitely acne.org spot treatment, it just keeps with the simplicity of the rest of the acne.org products. Perox-cid sounds a little...scary, like it's some kind of lethal chemical. B.G gel just doesn't cut it either. Keep it simple and to the point smile.png

MemberMember
(@13yearsofacne)

Posted : 05/07/2013 2:34 pm

Have you ever thought about making a version of your Benzoyl Peroxide that contains a retinoid like adapalene? Like an Acne.org version of Epiduo.

That would be a pretty cool product in my opinion, as benzoyl peroxide alone isn't very effective for removing comedones.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/07/2013 5:58 pm

I voted Acne.org Spot Treatment. I think that's a good name for the product and it meshes well with the theme of the other products on the site. Keep it simple, that's my motto :P

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/08/2013 5:40 am

Acne.org Spot Treatment gets the point across quickly. Go with that!

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 05/08/2013 11:11 am

Looking forward to it Dan... I know when I spot treat, I use AHA then a glob of BP before applying BP and moisturize, as per usual.. Twice as effective then using AHA, then applying BP and moisturizer... :)

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 05/08/2013 11:41 am

I always spot treat with AHA, as I don't have any BP! I can't wait to try this!

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 05/10/2013 9:09 am

We'd love to hear more thoughts, please vote if you haven't already! :)

MemberMember
(@kyle_)

Posted : 05/23/2013 7:25 pm

I can't wait for this! This is exactly what I need

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 06/02/2013 11:59 am

I voted spot treatment for the reasons the others said. I love the simple labeling and branding you do with your products. No flashy nonsense, just a clear description of a product that works. Stick to it! :)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/03/2013 1:15 am

acne.org spot treatment.

its always easy to understand and relate(considering new or non-members)

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 06/06/2013 4:16 pm

possibly fun to gather names, early kind of promotion but it hasn't even passed, too pemature

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/07/2013 4:47 am

here comes the king!sign_baaa.gif

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 06/30/2013 6:15 pm

what about Benz-Acid gel? Gly-benz gel? Glybenzogel?

MemberMember
(@gteen)

Posted : 07/01/2013 8:31 am

Acne.org spot treatment, Im a bit ocd tongue.png so it works for me to have that on my shelf with other acne.org products.

I'm delighted your making a spot treatment as I have been looking for one to buy this week.

will it be ok to apply on top of duac (assuming its a twice a day treatment) being as duac is basically 5% BP?

MemberMember
(@thriftyc)

Posted : 07/23/2013 8:37 pm

Dual Action or Multi Action Spot Treatment.