Notifications
Clear all

I've Been Using Shea Butter For Two Months And My God.

MemberMember
(@tyloss)

Posted : 05/06/2013 8:06 pm

I've been using Shea butter for two months now and i really need to tell someone about this wonderful gem. Seriously, people Google this NOW Shea butter has actually REMOVED and faded my acne scarring. I actually look at people in the eyes and have a bit ,ore confidence. Please look Shea Butter up and read about the wonderful things it does for the skin. I no longer produce much sebum on my face and actually have an EVEN skin tone something clinque dark spot corrector couldn't give me!

I bought this particular one on Amazon for 6.80 https://www.amazon.com/African-Shea-Butter-Cream-100/dp/B0009MHJE4/ (which is cheap compared to clinque lol) but you guys seriously need to consider looking in to it!

And thanks for the welcome to Acne.org i plan to post alot and try to solve people's acne scarring problems.

MemberMember
(@everythingthatshimmers)

Posted : 05/06/2013 8:36 pm

I share your love for shea butter. whistling.gif) I also think it has helped fade my hyperpigmentation.

MemberMember
(@tyloss)

Posted : 05/06/2013 8:42 pm

I share your love for shea butter. whistling.gif) I also think it has helped fade my hyperpigmentation.

Amen!

(@LewisS)

Posted : 05/07/2013 3:48 am

Is it greasy? 'Butter' makes me think of putting something like lard on my face...

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 05/07/2013 12:42 pm

On 5/7/2013 at 7:06 AM, tyloss said:

I've been using Shea butter for two months now and i really need to tell someone about this wonderful gem. Seriously, people Google this NOW Shea butter has actually REMOVED and faded my acne scarring. I actually look at people

in the eyes and have a bit ,ore confidence.

Please look Shea Butter up and read about the

wonderful things it does for the skin. I no longer

produce much sebum on my face and actually

have an EVEN skin tone something clinque dark

spot corrector couldn't give me!

I bought this particular one on Amazon for 6.80 https://www.amazon.com/African-Shea-Butter-Cream-100/dp/B0009MHJE4/ (which is

cheap compared to clinque lol) but you guys

seriously need to consider looking in to it!

And thanks for the welcome to Acne.org i plan to post alot and try to solve people's acne

scarring problems.

I actually have some of this stuff, how do you use it? As a moisturizer or at night? How long do you leave it on?

MemberMember
(@tyloss)

Posted : 05/07/2013 2:13 pm

Is it greasy? 'Butter' makes me think of putting something like lard on my face...

At first it is, but shea butter quickly absolves into the skin (like castor oil) and it feels weightless.

@sum1killme

I leave it on as a moisturizer at night and then a tiny layer on my face after bathing in the morning!

MemberMember
(@everythingthatshimmers)

Posted : 05/09/2013 5:56 pm

I rub some on my face at night after I get out of the shower. The kind I use is so thick it feels like wax at first so I've found it works best when my fingers and skin are warm. It just takes a small amount and melts right into my skin, like butter. =) It does take awhile to absorb though so I only use it before bed, I use Cetaphil in the mornings. I should mention though that my skin tends to be a bit dry and I am also on Accutane which is drying. If you have oily skin it may be too moisturizing for you, at least at first. To be on the safe side, I would suggest testing a small amount out before using it all over. It does feel very thick in the beginning (if you're used to a lotion or if you don't moisturize regularly) but the results have been worth it for me.

MemberMember
(@tyloss)

Posted : 05/15/2013 3:11 pm

How has accutane worked for you so far, I think it's scary!