Notifications
Clear all

Does Benzoyl Peroxide Make Red Marks Last Longer?

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 05/06/2013 1:03 pm

I use to use it when my acne was bad many years ago. It seemed to do okay for my pimples but problem was i read it made your red marks last longer to fade. Is that true or false? I eventually switched to salycilid acid 2 percent in place of benzoyl peroxide for this sole reason.

Is this true or false? Now i still use SA as oppose to BP for this sole reason thought SA doesnt seem to help that much but im very hesistant of trying BP since now only is my face really bad now and have red marks, i dont want more.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 05/06/2013 1:21 pm

Yes, excessively longer.

MemberMember
(@bdubz21)

Posted : 05/07/2013 10:24 pm

ive noticed this as well. ive heard bp slows down the healing process of skin. i dont know any ways around it. other then to stop using bp, but for me thats not an option. i rarely get pimples on my face anymore thanks to dans bp, but when i do get one they never have a white head anymore, but are just slight red bumps with sometimes a little tenderness, barely anything. even if i completely leave them alone i still end up getting a pigmented spot for months and months. its more annoying than the acne itself.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/08/2013 10:27 am

yes so just make sure not to put the bp on your red marks.

MemberMember
(@fischer1)

Posted : 06/11/2013 11:17 am

i still have these marks even after quitting bp for about 5 months now... it does something to your skin that kills the pigment healing

MemberMember
(@jug)

Posted : 06/13/2013 4:41 pm

YES. F**k BP. I'd drop SA if I was you.

MemberMember
(@fleurverte)

Posted : 06/18/2013 10:11 pm

BP is recommended to be used only over pimples... For acne scarring isnt recommended, better use something else like azelaic acid creams that helps both or effaclar duo which also helps... I mention this because i have tried them and so far so good!

MemberMember
(@akincaid)

Posted : 06/19/2013 2:43 am

Well this sure is helpful, thanks for the replies! I guess I can now explain why my red marks never fade after 9 years of BP once or twice a day ...