Just Use Cold Water

Notifications
Clear all

Just Use Cold Water

MemberMember
(@2001)

Posted : 05/06/2013 5:13 am

I am 35 years old. I used to get razor burn all the time when I first started shaving. I remembered a scene in good morning vietnam- with the guy on the radio suggesting the use of Cold Water to Shave.

I have been shaving with cold water since 1994, and I've not had one case of razor burn since then.

I use either irish spring soap lather or barbasol shaving cream. I never use aftershave.

I had to say something here, because this subforum seemed strange to me.

USE COLD WATER. I've even gotten some ladies to do it. It works!

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 05/07/2013 9:45 am

Yeah I kinda figured that out myself, but it makes sense cold water closes the pores and warm/hot opens.

MemberMember
(@sieve820)

Posted : 05/29/2013 6:43 pm

i just started shaving again so i'll have to try this. Also, water temperature does not effect pores - they are not muscles and cannot open or close. Hot water might help to loosen up the dirt inside pores but that's about it. It's a common misconception that gets spread around acne websites though

MemberMember
(@tommy_boi)

Posted : 10/09/2013 7:17 pm

I have just had a shave with cold water and i found that it pulled the hair more and hurt, now my face is left red and burning probably from where the razor didn't glide but pulled the hairs out. This could of been cause i was using a cheap disposable razor though so i am gonna try with my gillette fusion proglide once i get some blades for it and see what the results are then. I am not sure if the razor burn on my neck is worse yet until 24hrs has passed as i normally come out worse within that time. I will stick to my usual electric shaving until i try that next.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 10/29/2013 1:37 am

Try using cold water after the shave. warm the blade/disposable under the HOT water for 5mins, also works for cleaning off old razers. I use Gillete sensitive shaving jel and a venus razer. Yes, the one for women's legs. But it works slick. I then rinse with cold water via patting my face with a soaked hand rag of water. I dispose the raizer every 3rd shave.

I read about using cold water a long time ago. Never believed it. Every time i used hot water with or without shaving cream I broke out days later. I switched to a the gel and used cold water after. Worked good. I ran out of razers one day so i took the plunge and used my gf's razer. I'm so glade it worked as i had to travel for busienss that day...I was nervous. But it worked and no new break outs. Just make sure you get the blades hot.