Finally Starting Th...

Notifications
Clear all

Finally Starting The Regimen!

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/05/2013 3:40 pm

After years of being on acne.org, I finally made an account and also finally ordered the Regimen!

I have suffered with acne since I was about 11 years old. It's not severe but I think it is moderate. I get whiteheads and small pimples all over my face. I don't have any blackheads but I used to get those and they just somehow went away. smile.png

Sometimes I get these big red zits that are under the skin and never surface. In addition to this my face is very oily! I don't touch my face at all. I hange my pillow case every week maybe. I wasn't eating junk food at all until last month but I will stop now that I've started the Regimen. I've been reading about the Do's and Dont's on this site since I was about 14. I am now 19 and I think it's time that my face finally clears up! I'm very hopeful that it will with help from the Regimenbiggrin.png

Soo.. I am on Day 1 of the Regimen:

• I have small pimples everywhere on my face, some are like tiny whiteheads and I have a normal sized whitehead on my forehead.
  • I have acne scars everywhere on my cheeks, they're like reddish and I have tiny toothpick marks on my forehead and cheeks.

So last night I washed my face with the cleanser, I splashed my face with warm water first, then dispensed 2 pumps of cleanser and lathered them in my hands until there was bubbles and it looked foamy lol. I gently placed my hands on my face and washed very gently with just fingertips. Then I rinsed off with warm water and I pat dry my face with a towel very gentlyy kiss.gif

After about 5 mins, I applied the BP. I dispensed it just on my fingertip, or however Dan shows it on the pictures and then dabbed on all sides of my face and spread it very gently with my fingertips for about 2 mins then let it dry.

10 mins later I applied the moisturizer, 2 pumps! It stinged a tinyyy bit but it was like nothing at all lol. Then I spread on my face gently and it took a little longer than the BP because it was so much of it.

Now in the morning I did the same process except without the BP, because I read that the first week yu should only apply at night.

I am doing this Regimen with 12 hrs in between but it might vary because I have work.

If I am doing anything wrong please let me know! Thank you so much for reading biggrin.png

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/05/2013 4:33 pm

You're doing great! I am a week ahead of you and have a log in The Regimen log section (Rebel With a Cause). Just remember to go slow and be careful - dryness can sneak up on you.

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/05/2013 4:45 pm

You're doing great! I am a week ahead of you and have a log in The Regimen log section (Rebel With a Cause). Just remember to go slow and be careful - dryness can sneak up on you.

Good Luck

Thank you!! I wish you luck as well and hope we can defeat acne once and for allrolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/05/2013 5:09 pm

Best of luck to you! I'll definitely be keeping up with your log :] I'll be starting the Regimen in a few days myself, just waiting for my BP to arrive. Picked up some jojoba oil today too just in case.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/05/2013 5:36 pm

No problem. We all have to be there for each other.

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/05/2013 6:13 pm

Best of luck to you! I'll definitely be keeping up with your log :] I'll be starting the Regimen in a few days myself, just waiting for my BP to arrive. Picked up some jojoba oil today too just in case.

Thank you!! It's awesome that I'm not the only one just starting haha. What jojoba oil brand will you be using? You should update us on how the Regimen goes for you :)

No problem. We all have to be there for each other.

I agree :)

We'll see what happens one month from now. Hopefully good results for all of us! :D

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/05/2013 6:38 pm

Thank you!! It's awesome that I'm not the only one just starting haha. What jojoba oil brand will you be using? You should update us on how the Regimen goes for you smile.png

>No problem. We all have to be there for each other.

I agree smile.png

We'll see what happens one month from now. Hopefully good results for all of us! biggrin.png

I'm gonna start my log next week when my BP arrives, so I'll definitely keep you guys updated. I picked up Now Solutions 100% jojoba oil today at GNC, excited to see how well it works. :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/05/2013 8:36 pm

I wish all you guys the best of luck and hope the regimen works as well for you as it did for me. :)

The beginning is always the hardest part so don't give up!!

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/06/2013 12:24 am

I wish all you guys the best of luck and hope the regimen works as well for you as it did for me. :)

Thanks :) how long did it take for you to clear up?? Btw your skin looks great!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/06/2013 12:55 am

I wish all you guys the best of luck and hope the regimen works as well for you as it did for me. smile.png

Thanks smile.png how long did it take for you to clear up?? Btw your skin looks great!

I was lucky it only took me around 10 weeks to get clear. The bulk of my cystic acne was on my jawline and chin and a few spots around my face. I still do get the occasional spot during the time close to my period and also when I get stressed out but it is so much more manageable now.

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/06/2013 12:41 pm

Wow thats amazing!! It must feel great to finally be clear. I can't even remember what my face looked like without acne :(

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/06/2013 6:44 pm

Day 2:

I haven't seen improvements yet but I'm only on day 2! lol The only thing that I see improving is the oil on my skin. When I woke up this morning my face didn't feel greasy so I went to the mirror and saw there was only a little bit of oil on my nose! Some of the small red pimples I had are now turning into whiteheads and I have one above my lip that really hurts and I'm trying hard not to touch it cause it gets itchy wacko.png

I also have like 3 more whiteheads on my right cheek. The whitehead on my forehead is still there. This morning I also saw a tiny bit of peeling on my right cheek so the BP is def kicking in. I only used one pump of moisturizer cause I feel 2 pumps is way too much for now since I'm only using a little bit of BP. I am still doing everything as gently as possible and trying to spread it a little bit quicker cause it's time consuming and I have work in the morning. I think things are going pretty good though proud.gif

Hope you guys are having a great day! smile.png

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/06/2013 11:30 pm

I scratched the pimple above my lip a couple times and it feels like it's getting bigger every hour lol :(

Hope you guys are having a better time than I am

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/06/2013 11:55 pm

Okay I just applied everything and when I was putting on the moisturizer it stinged a lot, but it feels a lot better now, FRESH actually :)

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/07/2013 12:08 am

Glad to hear things are going smoothly! A fresh face feels great, lol. I've been getting quite a few whitehead myself lately, especially on either side of my nose. I hope the Regimen knocks back my oil production too, I notice I get pretty oily during the course of a normal day. Hope things continue to go well, Faith! :]

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/07/2013 5:43 pm

Glad to hear things are going smoothly! A fresh face feels great, lol. I've been getting quite a few whitehead myself lately, especially on either side of my nose. I hope the Regimen knocks back my oil production too, I notice I get pretty oily during the course of a normal day. Hope things continue to go well, Faith! :]

Have you already started on the regimen? Yeah! I still get really oily during the day, but during the night it seems my oil is reducing, it's weird lol. I try not to sleep with my face on the pillow so it can't be that, and even with my face on the pillow I would still wake up super oily wacko.png

Thank you! :) hope things go well for you too.

Day 3:

Okay, so the whitehead above my lip multiplied into two! It became super big and gross looking that I just had to pop it. I had an interview this morning and it would be super embarrassing to have the interviewer looking at it lol. The other little white heads are drying up so I'm not worried about those. I still have small pimples all over my face, they're not red they're just the color of my skin. It bugs me that I've had them for so long but let's hope they finally dissapear!My skin gets oily about an hour after I wash my face now, so that's the good news kiss.gif other than that nothing else has changed. I'm now putting on a little bit more BP, 3 pea sizes. Next week I'm gonna start going towards the whole finger, that's if my skin doesn't get irritated. I will update later on tonight, maybe! lol

Have a great day loveliess biggrin.png

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/09/2013 1:58 am

Day 4:

I didn't get to update today as I was busy but here I am 10 mins before 12 lol. So I just applied the cleanser and BP and my face is super itchy right now and I feel like it's burning a little bit. I'm waiting 10 mins before I apply the moisturizer. I think I might get jojoba oil next week when I start applying BP twice a day.

My face looks the same, and I try to avoid mirrors at all timesermm.gif

I guess I haven't gotten any new breakouts, I'm not sure lol. But anyways, I will update tomorrow!amused.gif

Have a blessed day!! wiggle.gif

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/09/2013 3:40 am

I definitely know what its like to want to see results like yesterday...lol but as i keep reminding myself, it's a process. You're definitely gonna break out more so be mentally prepared for that (i am going through this unfortunately). I hate those itchy bumps/areas but try your best to not aggravate them. You're definitely moving up quickly in your BP use so just be careful to read your skin. Dan's right when he says its better to start slow and keep slow than to start slow and ramp up quickly and then have to back pedal because of irritation.

Anyway, keep on keeping on sistah. BTW, are you taking progress pictures and are you plan on posting them?

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/09/2013 3:21 pm

I definitely know what its like to want to see results like yesterday...lol but as i keep reminding myself, it's a process. You're definitely gonna break out more so be mentally prepared for that (i am going through this unfortunately). I hate those itchy bumps/areas but try your best to not aggravate them. You're definitely moving up quickly in your BP use so just be careful to read your skin. Dan's right when he says its better to start slow and keep slow than to start slow and ramp up quickly and then have to back pedal because of irritation.

Anyway, keep on keeping on sistah. BTW, are you taking progress pictures and are you plan on posting them?

Yeah it sucks but we have to be patient haha. I was actually thinking about that this morning, I haven't gotten any new breakouts and I'm happy about that but reality is gonna hit soon dontgetit.gif

I really am trying hard not to scratch lol, I sometimes just use like my fingertip barely touching my skin to scratch but I'm gonna stop.

I'm using like 4-5 pea sized amounts of BP now, next week it'll be the same when I do it twice a day so I know my face is gonna be hella dry. I probably won't start working towards the whole finger until week 3 or 4.

I think I will, my face looks so horrible though blush.png

Will you be taking any?

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/09/2013 4:17 pm

Day 5:

It's been 5 days, yaaaayyy!! :)

I haven't been really washing my face in the suggested time frame (10-12 hrs) instead I do like 13 hrs sometimes.

I have work and my schedules vary so that's really messing me up, but my face is okay. I don't have any new pimples. It feels a little bit tight right now, although it's really oily. The whiteheads I had are really dried up and almost gone. Maybe when I get the jojoba oil it'll help the dryness and tightnesssmile.png and I think I will be posting pics after every week I complete.

I am expecting more breakouts, but who knows! I'm feeling very confident about the Regimen boogie.gif

Best wishes to you all sideways.gif

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/10/2013 11:29 pm

Day 6:

No big changes, my face looks exactly the same as it did yesterday lol. I maybe have a new whitehead next to my ear which is really weird but it's bugging me. The hyper pigmentation on my face makes it look a lot worse than it really is dry.png and I just hate it when people come up to me and ask me what I'm using on my face. I know they're trying to be nice but it really just brings down my self-esteem. Anyways I'm feeling good about this Regimen so I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and keep my head up. biggrin.png

One more day and that will be the end of the first week! Excited to start using BP twice a day but also afraid that it might make my skin flake, whatever happens I'm ready for it. cool.png

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/11/2013 6:14 pm

Day 7:

Can't believe it's been a week already! It actually went faster than I thought and I can say that there's a slight difference between how my face looked before and how it looks now. I will post pictures tomorrow so you guys can see the difference. It's not big but it's something and I'm happy for that. :) I actually feel a lot more confident going out because I don't have any new breakouts or huge whiteheads. I still have very small pimples all over my forehead and a couple on my cheeks but they don't hurt so I'm not super worried about those. My complexion has lightened a bit, I think. My cheeks still get pink like they're irritated but that's when I've been out in the sun. Hopefully Dan introduces his new sunscreen soon as it's getting a lot hotter here in cali. :P

Hope you guys are having a wonderful day!

xxoxox

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/11/2013 7:59 pm

Day 7:

Can't believe it's been a week already! It actually went faster than I thought and I can say that there's a slight difference between how my face looked before and how it looks now. I will post pictures tomorrow so you guys can see the difference. It's not big but it's something and I'm happy for that. smile.png I actually feel a lot more confident going out because I don't have any new breakouts or huge whiteheads. I still have very small pimples all over my forehead and a couple on my cheeks but they don't hurt so I'm not super worried about those. My complexion has lightened a bit, I think. My cheeks still get pink like they're irritated but that's when I've been out in the sun. Hopefully Dan introduces his new sunscreen soon as it's getting a lot hotter here in cali. tongue.png

xxoxox

Glad to hear you're seeing improvements! That's awesome :] I'm seeing quite a few subtle improvements in my own skin, so that definitely tells me that the Regimen is working. Look forward to seeing your progress pics!

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/12/2013 1:50 am

Ughh I just got 2 new whiteheads, one on the side of my forehead and one on my cheek while the one by my ear is healing. Sasch, I will now listen to you a lot more! lol tongue.png

Day 7:

Can't believe it's been a week already! It actually went faster than I thought and I can say that there's a slight difference between how my face looked before and how it looks now. I will post pictures tomorrow so you guys can see the difference. It's not big but it's something and I'm happy for that. smile.png I actually feel a lot more confident going out because I don't have any new breakouts or huge whiteheads. I still have very small pimples all over my forehead and a couple on my cheeks but they don't hurt so I'm not super worried about those. My complexion has lightened a bit, I think. My cheeks still get pink like they're irritated but that's when I've been out in the sun. Hopefully Dan introduces his new sunscreen soon as it's getting a lot hotter here in cali. tongue.png

xxoxox

Glad to hear you're seeing improvements! That's awesome :] I'm seeing quite a few subtle improvements in my own skin, so that definitely tells me that the Regimen is working. Look forward to seeing your progress pics!

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/12/2013 2:18 am

I'm having trouble uploading pics so I'm just gonna make a gallery of pics.

It's not much of a difference but my face feels a lot cleaner than before. :)