Notifications
Clear all

Scars... they ruined my life :(((

MemberMember
(@depressed)

Posted : 03/12/2003 11:13 pm

I can't stand them anymore... These scars are just killing me... I had so many expectations for myself earlier in my life and now they are all gone. I don't even know what to do... Why me? What did I do that God punished me so bad? I'm only 19 years old, but I've lost self-confidence. I just can't live with them... constantly hiding my faces with so many scars on the cheeks ( I know there is no bright future for me with these scars. I don't even have money to try any of the repairing techniques... and these techniques are not effective anyway... Why couldn't I have something else instead of scars... something less visible to the whole world... I'm seriously considering dropping out of college now... there is no purpose anyway... I wouldn't have a good life with this crappy face :D( Don't even know what to do... (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

MemberMember
(@hello)

Posted : 03/12/2003 11:22 pm

Honestly, I am totally the same way you are, except I am 16... I have very high expectations of my self, and yes acne is terrible, I have pretty bad acne with some scars, sometimes you feel like giving up on everything cause life just sucks.... but all I can say is don't give up, there must be a solution out there for you, don't leave your college, stick with it. Fight till the end, don't give up. There is much more to life then scars.

MemberMember
(@will205)

Posted : 03/13/2003 7:42 am

I was a first year UNI drop out due to acne, but i got the degree in the end. The thing is it cost me 4 years of my life and that degree means nothing now. It just shows what i did for all those years and believe me i did nothing. I agree with you depressed, there is no effective treament for acne scarring. There are of course methods to make it look better but no real solution. The key is to prevent the scar from forming but i didn't know that at 22 did I.

MemberMember
(@crappyskin)

Posted : 03/13/2003 9:19 am

anything is possible with enough money... so play the lotto.

MemberMember
(@bez157)

Posted : 03/13/2003 4:02 pm

We all know how you feel, life seems like it's not worth living because of these scars. We all have the same thoughts, "why me" etc...

I think acne is one of the worst diseases but that's because I haven't suffered from any others. I have thought suicide, but I don't think that's the answer, I'm still young. But then I think, I can't see myself enjoying life like this. ACNE does as much damage to someone as cancer it seems, and needs to be taken much more SERIOUSLY.

I would like to grow up to be a dermatologist to help other people in my situation. Sorry I can't offer advice to you "depressed" but instead my outlook on the situation......It does suck but you have to carry on, life's what U make of it.

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@mandala)

Posted : 03/13/2003 5:09 pm

can u post some pictures of your scars please? maybe youre making it out to be worse than it is, because its been so long that you cant tell the severity anymore.

MemberMember
(@poohman)

Posted : 03/13/2003 9:38 pm

There is hope for present and future treatments. There are alot of injectable fillers out there currently and many more in the pipline. Artecoll is probably the best right now, i had some injected and am pleased with the results so far. Its works only for certain types of scars, but worked well with no down time.

MemberMember
(@oursfan)

Posted : 03/13/2003 9:48 pm

depressed: I know just how you feel. I know how difficult it is to deal with these scars. Try not to let it get you down so much. Try and focus on some good things about yourself. Think about things that you love - maybe music, maybe art, maybe animals, whatever things that make you feel happy and make you realize how precious life is. Hang on - there might be hope for you yet. There might be hope for all of us. We can relate - you're not alone. Hugs to you.

MemberMember
(@skimz)

Posted : 03/13/2003 9:53 pm

Yo @depressed!

My be its not your scaring you need to work on first, me thinks that you need to learn to carm down and to learn to be happy with the way you are now! and happy with yourself!

Because when you do get that smooth face that you alway wanted it will be 2 thousand times sweeter!

Patiences is the sweetiest fruit!

Meaning - The longer you wait the riper the fruit gets and the sweet it tastes!

The depression aint going to help you in anyway it just gona bring back the acne, surpress you immune system and take you longer to heal physically and mentally. And dont forget it will take your dignaty and control you life!

Put you head up there, point it to the sky mate!

The skys the limit, if only you let it be!

---------------------------------------------

Stay carm! And until only then so will your acne! 🙄

MemberMember
(@depressed)

Posted : 03/14/2003 11:55 pm

Thanks a lot for your support. I know that most of us here are going through the same hell. So, I feel your pain and sure you're feeling mine. Thanks a lot. Thank you

MemberMember
(@lissalyn)

Posted : 03/16/2003 1:02 pm

Maybe you should look at your scars as a sign of courage or even an accomplishment...they show that you have survived something you had no control over! Remember it can always be worse, someone always has it worse than you!

MemberMember
(@zikzee)

Posted : 03/16/2003 5:17 pm

chicks dig scars !

MemberMember
(@ubah0ne)

Posted : 03/16/2003 6:25 pm

Yes scars are severly traumatic, but look at the stars who have become famous despite their scars.

[Edited image out]

James Woods

[Edited image out]

Tommy Lee Jones

[Edited image out]

Robert Davi

[Edited image out]

Ray Liotta

[Edited image out]

Dennis Farina

[Edited image out]

Laurence Fishburne

[Edited image out]

That ally mcbeal guy

[Edited image out]

Mike Myers

[Edited image out]

Nicholas Cage

[Edited image out]

Jet Li

So what if some maybe only have small scars to yours or mine, I'm just saying that it shows it won't stop you unless you make it.

MemberMember
(@zikzee)

Posted : 03/17/2003 1:30 am

even brad pitt has pitts

MemberMember
(@eyehateacne)

Posted : 03/17/2003 11:43 am

Ubahone - post of the week

For the females, beleive it or not, Elizabeth Hurley suffers from scarring as well.

But depressed - Just remember that action will keep you going. Don't let acne defeat you. Make it your goal to make enough $$$$ to get yourself some nice corrective treatments. Don't drop out... finish college, you never have to see anyone there again anyway. Get a job where u make minimal social interaction and work for some money. And then get your face fixed.

-Jerry

MemberMember
(@bez157)

Posted : 03/17/2003 6:26 pm

I agree, with "eyehateacne" ^^^

Get some money and help yourself, without workin, or goin to college, U'll end up at home, staring at yourself in the mirror, lowering your confidence more and more.

We all are depressed from acne scars, severe or not. But at least there is treatment available today. 😉

MemberMember
(@coolman1630)

Posted : 09/11/2019 6:25 am

Their is laser surgery available for acne scarring. It's been around for a long time. It's not hopeless with acne scarring anymore. With the right acne scar surgeon your face can be fixed. All you have to do is look for the best acne scar surgeon in the country and put the surgery on a credit card. If you don't have a credit card look online on how to build credit. You usually start out with a store charge card like Kohl's and show responsibility and pay them. Then you get a Speedway card. Your credit score should sky rocket if you run up the cards and totally pay them off all at once. You should have a big card with a big limit in a year. Acne laser surgery only cost 3 to 4 thousand dollars and it's not hard to obtain that kind of credit limit with limited income. In most cases though the surgeon will even let you finance through different companies. Instead of complaining about it you have to change it. It's not hard. It's just a matter of turning the door handle. I would highly recommend doing your homework and avoid train wreck surgery by reading a laser surgery book. Like I said it's 100 percent possible for you even if your in poverty to have acne scar laser surgery. Acne scarring is getting to be a thing of the past. You would be amazed at how many of these surgeons will let you finance the surgery through them. It's not a hopeless ordeal if you deal with your acne scarring. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@kitsliv45)

Posted : 09/12/2019 12:45 am

@Coolman1630lasers surgery isnt the silver bullet to treating acne scars. Its tricky, especially for darker skin patients. The type and potency will depend on several factors: skin type, skin color, scar type, etc.The efficacy of lasers range from 30-90%% for most people, with 90% being rare cases. Most people fall somewhere in between, meaning that scars cant be fixed 100%. A 50% improvement is nice, but its still a lot to pay for 4-5 thousand dollars.

In most cases, people will need to get a combination of treatments. Subcision, Tca Cross, lasers, microneedling, infini, etc. The likely end cost will be a lot higher than $4-5k.

Thanks for being positive, but it really isnt as simple as saving up $5000 and getting laser treatments.