Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rhye

2 Months On Regimen And No Improvement

I've been on the regimen for about two months or longer and have seen little to no improvement at all, for about a week at one point i was clear and right now its the worst its ever been. I am not 100% sure but from research im guessing i suffer from hormonal acne as I am a guy and my face is COMPLETELY clear but my jawline/chest/back are absolutely disgusting (worst being jawline). I have been experimenting with other things on the regimen on the way through which is probably frowned upon i suppose but my current regimen is:

AM

Gamophen triclosan medicated soap (only for back chest shoulders, too harsh for face and cant afford to use BP on those areas)

Cetaphil cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% gel

Cetaphil moisturizer

PM

Gamophen (read above)

Cetaphil cleanser

BP 2.5%

Cetaphil Moisturizer

100mg of Blackmore's zinc supplement

3000mg of Blackmores evening primrose oil supplement

I have also been experimenting with using Apple Cider Vinegar as a spot treatment only. I have also heard Fish oil supplements reduce inflammation better than evening primrose, if this is true i would prefer to be on that but dont want to be on both, im not sure if i should switch?

just looking for answers as it really doesnt seem to be working and ive had bad acne for 5 years now and im 18 and have seen many derms and cant get rid of it, the only thing i havent been on is accutane but i really dont want to.