Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I'm new here and I'd really appreciate some thoughts on a question I have!

Ok - here's the deal. I used Retin A 0.025% for a couple of years (for the last year with antibiotics) and it worked reasonably well. It was then discontinued in the UK so I was put on Differin which did bugger all!

I've now been prescribed Isotrex gel (0.05% topical isotretinoin) which I'm thinking will act in much the same way at the Retin A! I've been using the Isotrex for a week now, and have seen a slight worsening in my acne (I'm getting more inflamed blemishes, and my acne has always been mild/moderate) - is this to be expected? I realise that an IB is likely on any retinoid, but I wasn't expecting one, as I've been on Differin directly before Isotrex!

How long is this likely to last...? For the record, I'm currently taking Erythromycin 500mg 2X daily, and I use Quinoderm (10% BP) cream sparingly on any problem areas in the morning.

Any thoughts/answers would be hugely appreciated!

:-)

Very normal - some people get it worse than others. By the 3rd month though you should have some consistency with clearing your acne. if not, time to rethink your regimen

Very normal - some people get it worse than others. By the 3rd month though you should have some consistency with clearing your acne. if not, time to rethink your regimen

Thank you for replying!

Hi, I don't know if anyone is still reading it.. I'm using Isotrex gel in the night and benzoylperoxid 10% in the morning since 1 month ago and for the moment my skin looks really bad.. I know that initially the skin could get worse and I hope that it will get better!!