Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Help Please

MemberMember
(@jayboy)

Posted : 05/03/2013 11:24 pm

Hey guys I will keep this short and sweet. Got prescribed accutane 40 mg twice a day. Got blood work on Tuesday, started accutane the same day. It is now friday, my doc called saying my white blood cell count was low prior to taking accutane and wants me to stop until blood test next week.

I've been stressed and have had terrible sleeps the last week (military) which could have contributed to this blood test.

I went out and bought vitamin c, vitamin E and garlic which are all known to increase white blood cell production. Bottom line is, I told her I'll stop talking it, probably won't. Should I be worried, or is this merely a precaution (liability..etc)..

After typing this, I realize it was neither short or sweet lol..

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@jayboy)

Posted : 05/04/2013 8:55 am

Bump

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 05/04/2013 10:43 am

You need to follow what your derm is saying by stopping Accutane until they redo the lab and make sure that there is not a health issue causing a drop in white blood cells. Accutane itself can cause very low white blood count and most have to discontinue use. Read your rx info and don't mess around Accutane is a very potent drug and can lower immune system and cause life long health problems in some.

I'd say if you don't have severe cystic acne then try holistic measures, make sure it's not hormonal or light therapy! If you continue Accutane maybe take no more then 20mg and discuss that with your derm!