Notifications
Clear all

Do I Have Severe Acne? *photos

MemberMember
(@berserkaf)

Posted : 05/03/2013 5:14 pm

tumblr_mm8tndrFNr1spf0gvo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mm8tndrFNr1spf0gvo2_500.jpg

I feel like it's severe but I'm not sure if a derm would agree?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/03/2013 6:52 pm

You definitely have moderate acne that may be considered to be slightly severe. What regimen are you using?

MemberMember
(@berserkaf)

Posted : 05/03/2013 6:55 pm

You definitely have moderate acne that may be considered to be slightly severe. What regimen are you using?

currently just washing my face morning and night with baby shampoo due to using cleansers before that made my face extremely sensitive to everything

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/03/2013 6:56 pm

Well i def recommend you see a derm if you can afford to. Acne left untreated can lead to permanent scarring. What have you tried so far to help your acne?

MemberMember
(@berserkaf)

Posted : 05/03/2013 7:04 pm

Well i def recommend you see a derm if you can afford to. Acne left untreated can lead to permanent scarring. What have you tried so far to help your acne?

I have an appointment scheduled on the 15th of this month, my insurance will pay for most of it hopefully, they're the ones that told me to go to this dermatologist any way.

I've tried Neutrogena, Clearasil, Oxy, Proactiv, Retin a, baking soda, and i've tried doing facial masks that never end well.

I also take a multi vitamin, but it doesn't seem to do much even though vitamin E is 150% (whatever it says after that) and I eat pretty healthy.

I'm honestly hoping he talks to me about accutane, I know the health issues that may happen and I'm ready but I'm not sure my blood pressure is well enough for it.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/03/2013 7:23 pm

well good luck. If you wanted something else to try before accutane, you could look into

• diet changes
  • spiro
  • the regimen

I have been on accutane 3 times so if you have any questions about treatment, don't hesitate to ask

MemberMember
(@berserkaf)

Posted : 05/03/2013 7:25 pm

well good luck. If you wanted something else to try before accutane, you could look into

• diet changes
  • spiro
  • the regimen

I have been on accutane 3 times so if you have any questions about treatment, don't hesitate to ask

I have no idea what spiro or The Regimen is

If I get put on accutane would I have to start eating meat again? or could I just buy a supplement?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/03/2013 7:38 pm

No - meat has nothing to do with accutane (i am confused as to what you are referring to )

Spiro is a pill that helps with hormonal issues (though i am not sure by what mechanism)

The Regimen is the acne.org treatment that is promoted on this website. Many users have had success with it and it may be worth a shot before diving into something such as accutane

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/03/2013 7:42 pm

I have seen a lot of people with acne like yours. Fortunately, it rarely seems to scar. Your acne just looks irritated to me.

Here are my suggestions:

1) If you go to a dermatologist, DO NOT TAKE ORAL ANTIBIOTICS. This is probably the worst thing you could ever do for your acne.

2) If he offers topicals etc, make sure you do not go crazy on the topical regimens. Try one at a time etc.

3) Accutane will probably treat/cure you, but it has risks.

MemberMember
(@berserkaf)

Posted : 05/03/2013 7:53 pm

No - meat has nothing to do with accutane (i am confused as to what you are referring to )

Spiro is a pill that helps with hormonal issues (though i am not sure by what mechanism)

The Regimen is the acne.org treatment that is promoted on this website. Many users have had success with it and it may be worth a shot before diving into something such as accutane

Well I thought that if you were on accutance and you didn't eat meat your blood could easily be in danger???

I don't think it's really hormonal, yeah I break out on my period but I usually get a new one or two every morning that take forever to rid

I have seen a lot of people with acne like yours. Fortunately, it rarely seems to scar. Your acne just looks irritated to me.

Here are my suggestions:

1) If you go to a dermatologist, DO NOT TAKE ORAL ANTIBIOTICS. This is probably the worst thing you could ever do for your acne.

2) If he offers topicals etc, make sure you do not go crazy on the topical regimens. Try one at a time etc.

I'm allergic to amoxicillan. Is that present in the oral antibiotics for acne or just for sinus infections, etc.?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/03/2013 8:02 pm

Well I thought that if you were on accutance and you didn't eat meat your blood could easily be in danger???

I don't think it's really hormonal, yeah I break out on my period but I usually get a new one or two every morning that take forever to rid

>I have seen a lot of people with acne like yours. Fortunately, it rarely seems to scar. Your acne just looks irritated to me.

Here are my suggestions:

I'm allergic to amoxicillan. Is that present in the oral antibiotics for acne or just for sinus infections, etc.?

they usually offer three types of antibiotics:

minocycline

doxycycline

erythromycin

It is up to you, but if your dermatologist suggests you to take oral antibiotics to control your acne, I would say no.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/04/2013 2:29 am

urs in probably moderate but they look angry and not well looked after.

i think u must visit a derma.

a good one!

she/he will decide whats good for u.

now i wont ask u to completely avoid oral anti-biotics but i'd say avoid accutane at 1st.

try others and keep it as a last bet.

see i used accutane once and was clear for a while.

but then suddenly i had this bad cystic big pustules which were painful(i'd never had them before)..i was given azithromycin(azithral 500).

its suppose to lessen the bacteria on ur skin.

as for topical.

keep bp as ur last resort.

use stuff like clindamycin phosphate,nicotinamide, or both.

see if they work.

they suppose to work on the bacteria.

although i always stand for spot treatment..u can use it all over ur face. or obvsly as the derma would say.

washes,i think they would probably give u a cleanser for sensitive skin(as u mentioned).

low% aha washes are good but u might have issues with them.

do water hurt u?

as for diet.

healthy diet in general doesnt mean healthy/good for u.

do u take dairy?

sugary stuff?

soda?oily/fried food?are u sure u're not intolerant to any food item like gluten/citrus/tomato?

do u sleep well?stress level?water intake?bowel movement?supplements?

i suggest u check the diet and holistic living forum along with the treatments u're about to take.=)

MemberMember
(@berserkaf)

Posted : 05/04/2013 3:36 pm

>I have seen a lot of people with acne like yours. Fortunately, it rarely seems to scar. Your acne just looks irritated to me.

Here are my suggestions:

3) Accutane will probably treat/cure you, but it has

risks.

they usually offer three types of antibiotics:

minocycline

doxycycline

erythromycin

It is up to you, but if your dermatologist suggests you to take oral antibiotics to control your acne, I would say no.

urs in probably moderate but they look angry and not well looked after.

i think u must visit a derma.

a good one!

she/he will decide whats good for u.

now i wont ask u to completely avoid oral anti-biotics but i'd say avoid accutane at 1st.

try others and keep it as a last bet.

see i used accutane once and was clear for a while.

but then suddenly i had this bad cystic big pustules which were painful(i'd never had them before)..i was given azithromycin(azithral 500).

its suppose to lessen the bacteria on ur skin.

as for topical.

keep bp as ur last resort.

use stuff like clindamycin phosphate,nicotinamide, or both.

see if they work.

they suppose to work on the bacteria.

although i always stand for spot treatment..u can use it all over ur face. or obvsly as the derma would say.

washes,i think they would probably give u a cleanser for sensitive skin(as u mentioned).

low% aha washes are good but u might have issues with them.

do water hurt u?

as for diet.

healthy diet in general doesnt mean healthy/good for u.

do u take dairy?

sugary stuff?

soda?oily/fried food?are u sure u're not intolerant to any food item like gluten/citrus/tomato?

do u sleep well?stress level?water intake?bowel movement?supplements?

i suggest u check the diet and holistic living forum along with the treatments u're about to take.=)

I don't eat sugary stuff/oily stuff except for occasion like at a friend's house or whatever

I wont take antibiotics, I'll probably refuse because I've heard they suck and I know they can't totally kill everything so I'll just do topicals over the summer.

thanks

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/08/2013 10:31 pm

I think washing your face with baby shampoo might be making the acne more irritated. Does the shampoo have sodium lauryl sulphate (or something similar to that)? If so, that can cause irritation in sensitive skin. I suggest washing your face with plain water for a few days to see if the redness goes down (if your tap water is of bad quality, try using bottled spring water). If you wear makeup during the day, use a good makeup remover and then rinse with clean water. Try this for a week or two, and if it doesn't work then resort to more extreme things.