Notifications
Clear all

Older With Acne! When Will It End?!

MemberMember
(@megelizab)

Posted : 05/03/2013 3:11 pm

Hi All,

I've stumbled upon this forum a few times but this is my first post here. I've had acne for TEN YEARS and am completely losing my mind over it! That's 10 years of regimens, 10 years of doctor visits, 10 years of smothering my face with makeup, and 10 years of frustration and embarrassment. I'm 24 years old and in college, and people never believe me when i tell them how old i am which I absolutely know is due to my acne. Right now, my face is literally the worst it's ever been in my life. I am covered in blemishes from my forehead to my chin (both painful/cystic and not); not to mention the discoloration and scars from years gone by. How is this possible at 24? I have never met anyone else with this problem at my age (or honestly since high school)! I have tried EVERYTHING from birth control pills, oral antibiotics, prescription/OTC creams and ointments, Proactiv and other regimes, and even accutane. Everything always works for me at the beginning and I get so excited, but then the results prove to be very short-lived. Even with accutane the effects only lasted a few months after finishing treatment and now I'm back to where I started. So besides venting my frustration, I'm wondering if anyone else can relate to being older with chronic acne and if anyone has any treatment tips/coping mechanisms (for treatments, I'm talking very unconventional as I literally believe I've tried everything out there)? Does anyone know when this will stop? I mean, there's no way I'll be 30 with teenager-like acne, right?! Thank you so much for reading this.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/03/2013 3:24 pm

I'm 25 and still have acne, cystic acne so I know the joy what you're experiencing. Rarely see other people with acne. When my acne gets really bad though I give in and just take some antibiotic or get the cysts injected by the dermatologist and it clears up the cystic acne. Did either of your parents have bad skin? My dad is in his 60s and still gets a pimple from time to time. I feel like age doesn't matter if it's in your genes, it should decrease with age because we naturally will produce less sebum, but it's possible to still get acne as an adult, plus we can deal with wrinkles then too! I will note that giving up dairy, besides yogurt, cutting back on sugars and eliminating all caffeine does help reduce the severity of my acne.

Hi All,

I've stumbled upon this forum a few times but this is my first post here. I've had acne for TEN YEARS and am completely losing my mind over it! That's 10 years of regimens, 10 years of doctor visits, 10 years of smothering my face with makeup, and 10 years of frustration and embarrassment. I'm 24 years old and in college, and people never believe me when i tell them how old i am which I absolutely know is due to my acne. Right now, my face is literally the worst it's ever been in my life. I am covered in blemishes from my forehead to my chin (both painful/cystic and not); not to mention the discoloration and scars from years gone by. How is this possible at 24? I have never met anyone else with this problem at my age (or honestly since high school)! I have tried EVERYTHING from birth control pills, oral antibiotics, prescription/OTC creams and ointments, Proactiv and other regimes, and even accutane. Everything always works for me at the beginning and I get so excited, but then the results prove to be very short-lived. Even with accutane the effects only lasted a few months after finishing treatment and now I'm back to where I started. So besides venting my frustration, I'm wondering if anyone else can relate to being older with chronic acne and if anyone has any treatment tips/coping mechanisms (for treatments, I'm talking very unconventional as I literally believe I've tried everything out there)? Does anyone know when this will stop? I mean, there's no way I'll be 30 with teenager-like acne, right?! Thank you so much for reading this.

MemberMember
(@megelizab)

Posted : 05/03/2013 4:11 pm

Hey mel, thanks for your response. Yeah, I know there is a genetic factor for me as well as my dad tells me he had acne until he was 23, but I have never seen him with a blemish of any sort. Also my older sister had bad acne and her face is now covered in icepick scars. However she has been fake tanning for about 10 years so it has been hard to tell what damage is from acne and what is from tanning. I can't really tell if she still has blemishes either because her complexion is too unnatural looking. I've tried acne-conscious diets in the past too and didn't really see results. I think I will look more into it though. I feel like internal treatments are much more effective for me or at least less irritating than external ones.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/03/2013 5:38 pm

Hi Meg and welcome! I wish i could tell you that acne will end at such and such an age but the fact of the matter is that many of us will live with this for a long long time. The best we can hope for is to control it. I too have tried many things that have not produced lasting results ( see my sig). I am now on The Regimen and my acne is going crazy (i'm only a week in too). I am going to be 30 this year and for me, acne is going strong and seems that it will continue that way for the forseeable fututre. I can only suggest that you avoid mirrors, journal, do things you enjoy. As for treatments, have you tried SPIRO (for the hormonal aspect of things)?

Thats all i can suggest.

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@lzomg)

Posted : 05/03/2013 6:31 pm

Clinadymcin is the only topical that has helped my acne at all.

Amoxillan is the only anti-biotic that has helped me at all also.

That sucks that accutane didn't work for you but there is suppose to be a new acne vaccine in a few years. It is still in the testing stages. If you google it for a while im sure you will find some useful information.

My best advice would be to go on a second course of accutane.

MemberMember
(@megelizab)

Posted : 05/03/2013 6:47 pm

Hi Meg and welcome! I wish i could tell you that acne will end at such and such an age but the fact of the matter is that many of us will live with this for a long long time. The best we can hope for is to control it. I too have tried many things that have not produced lasting results ( see my sig). I am now on The Regimen and my acne is going crazy (i'm only a week in too). I am going to be 30 this year and for me, acne is going strong and seems that it will continue that way for the forseeable fututre. I can only suggest that you avoid mirrors, journal, do things you enjoy. As for treatments, have you tried SPIRO (for the hormonal aspect of things)?

Thats all i can suggest.

Good Luck

Thanks for your reply, Sasch. I avoid mirrors and bad lighting as often as possible haha. Also, I've never heard of SPIRO. What is that? I'm currently taking Ocella birth control and have been since May 2012.

Clinadymcin is the only topical that has helped my acne at all.

Amoxillan is the only anti-biotic that has helped me at all also.

That sucks that accutane didn't work for you but there is suppose to be a new acne vaccine in a few years. It is still in the testing stages. If you google it for a while im sure you will find some useful information.

My best advice would be to go on a second course of accutane.

Thanks LZOMG. Wow, if there is an acne vaccine I will be the first in line! Accutane was absolutely amazing while I was using it and for several months after but this eventually passed. However, I just made an appointment with a dermatologist for the end of the month, and I'm going to let her know I'd like to try another round of it. I should hopefully be starting treatment by the end of June if all goes well.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/03/2013 6:51 pm

Spiro is an oral medication that deals with hormones - i don't know much about it but if you go into the hormonal logs, you can probably get more info. Some members have had great success with it!

Good luck if you do decide to do a second course of accutane. I just finished my 3rd course and unfortunately my acne never cleared up. Keep us posted

MemberMember
(@megelizab)

Posted : 05/04/2013 10:36 pm

Spiro is an oral medication that deals with hormones - i don't know much about it but if you go into the hormonal logs, you can probably get more info. Some members have had great success with it!

Good luck if you do decide to do a second course of accutane. I just finished my 3rd course and unfortunately my acne never cleared up. Keep us posted

Okay! I read up on it a little, and I'm definitely going to bring it up to my dermatologist. Accutane did prove to be a little disappointing the first time around, so I'm open to other options for sure. However, my last dermatologist did not really like to prescribe accutane because of the negative connotations associated with it, so she kept me on the lowest dose (10 mg) for the entire course of my treatment. I hear my new derm is a big advocate for accutane though so I'm hoping she'll dose me more effectively if I get back on it.

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 05/04/2013 11:25 pm

Look into liver detox and blood detox, acne is internal for the most part, and antibiotics are not a long term solution. They also bring many ill benefits to health by disrupting your microbiotia. Try some cleanses from healthforce.com and dherbs.com before you try any antibiotics. Also if you do decide to go on antibiotics, make sure you take probiotics a few hours after or before taking the antibiotics.

Good ones are, Dr Ohhiras; HMF neuro, replete, replenish, and all other HMF brands.

Nuferm plus wholefood probiotics might be considered, or vsl#3

Klaire labs has some good ones, and the best might be "prescript assist, along with Dr Ohhiras"

Also I would take a good S Boulardii such as from Thorne research, and sf722 to prevent yeast issues from arising due to the indiscriminate killing of your gut flora.

Get a water cooler and find a distributor that multi filters water plus UV rays, and drink mostly this (don't over do water consumption,nit can flush your food out before your done digesting it, but drink a good fair amount.

Get a water softener, and set to 0 hardness, have a professional set it up. This will remove.pore.clogging minerals from your tap water, and replace them with very minor amounts of salt, which helps clean pores.

Open this helps

Also, I find the golden hand soap "soft soap" to make a great face wash with soft water, or spectro jel. And a good moisturizer if needed, and only, if and when needed. Like, if your face FEELS dry after washing (which if you have hard water, most likely will, although this may add to clogged pores)

By the way, your liver, kidneys and gallbladder are responsible for filtering out excess unneeded hormones, before they can get recycled into your blood(which will happen if your organs are taxed) cleaning them out SHOULD help.

Stressing about acne will cause more hormones, and kill some gut flora, needed for good health, this might sound stupid, but you need good alone time and social time, Find something peaceful you like to do at home when your alone, read, play a video game, watch a movie, and just smoke a joint. I know we aren't supposed to advocate these things, but that is getting old. They prescibe Marijuana for depression now, because takes your mind off things and.let's you just relax and focus happily on the things you enjoy. There is no harm in this so long as you don't do it.excessively, and the stress free feeling every now and then WILL help, especially your hormones.

Please don't erase this post, I mean well, and if it helps it helps, and that's what we are here for. And I'm willing to risk my first warning point, if I can provide benefit someone, who sounds like they may be becoming depressed. And we are aware of the negative health consequences of anti depressants, Marijuana (sorry) has none of these side effects, and is more effective, so long as not excessive.

MemberMember
(@ibiza1987)

Posted : 05/05/2013 3:15 pm

Hi there, sorry to hear you have tried pretty much everything to clear up your acne but to no avail, I totally understand how you feel. I have had persistent acne for 20 years now - it started when I was 11 years old and now I'm nearly 32 yet my skin still looks teenage (plus a few laughter lines now, haha!). Apparently something like 50% of women are affected by adult acne to some extent - where are all these other women?! Most people I see seem to have no skin problems.

Yeah I feel your frustration wondering when this will ever end, for me not even Accutane worked, well it did stop cysts forming on my chest and back but only reduced the amount of spots on my face temporarily, like you my skin went back to hell soon after finishing a course when I was 21. During treatment I seem to remember it stopped my skin being so oily too, that in conjunction with hardly any new spots for a while made me much happier and my make up looked 'neater'. I would be open to trying it again but my husband and I want to have kids within the next couple of years therefore I don't want that poisonous junk in my system in the foreseeable future.

For me diet has not had any affect whatsoever on my skin, I've been through phases of just eating fruit and veg but skin stayed exactly the same, these days my diet consists of daily home made smoothies containing stuff like avocados, strawberries, bananas, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, peach, pineapple, kiwi, pears, apples, seeds, and even coconut milk instead of dairy. Also eat loads of oily fish, nuts, salads, other vegetables plus drink litres of filtered water per day. We buy local/organic wherever possible too, plus I don't smoke and hardly ever drink. All that and my skin looks like I live on fast food, it's so disheartening. I actually hate greasy food! Unless it's something Italian drenched in olive oil. I don't believe that acne is caused by poor diet at all, shame other people do though and look at me funny when I do indulge in something like chocolate.

Genetics probably play a very big part, my Mum had bad acne but it stopped suddenly when she was in her mid 20's whereas mine goes on and on and on. Hang in there, I'm here if ever you want to talk about the stress of having this upsetting skin problem.

MemberMember
(@megelizab)

Posted : 05/05/2013 3:54 pm

Look into liver detox and blood detox, acne is internal for the most part, and antibiotics are not a long term solution. They also bring many ill benefits to health by disrupting your microbiotia. Try some cleanses from healthforce.com and dherbs.com before you try any antibiotics. Also if you do decide to go on antibiotics, make sure you take probiotics a few hours after or before taking the antibiotics.

Good ones are, Dr Ohhiras; HMF neuro, replete, replenish, and all other HMF brands.

Klaire labs has some good ones, and the best might be "prescript assist, along with Dr Ohhiras"

Also I would take a good S Boulardii such as from Thorne research, and sf722 to prevent yeast issues from arising due to the indiscriminate killing of your gut flora.

Get a water cooler and find a distributor that multi filters water plus UV rays, and drink mostly this (don't over do water consumption,nit can flush your food out before your done digesting it, but drink a good fair amount.

Get a water softener, and set to 0 hardness, have a professional set it up. This will remove.pore.clogging minerals from your tap water, and replace them with very minor amounts of salt, which helps clean pores.

Open this helps

Also, I find the golden hand soap "soft soap" to make a great face wash with soft water, or spectro jel. And a good moisturizer if needed, and only, if and when needed. Like, if your face FEELS dry after washing (which if you have hard water, most likely will, although this may add to clogged pores)

By the way, your liver, kidneys and gallbladder are responsible for filtering out excess unneeded hormones, before they can get recycled into your blood(which will happen if your organs are taxed) cleaning them out SHOULD help.

Stressing about acne will cause more hormones, and kill some gut flora, needed for good health, this might sound stupid, but you need good alone time and social time, Find something peaceful you like to do at home when your alone, read, play a video game, watch a movie, and just smoke a joint. I know we aren't supposed to advocate these things, but that is getting old. They prescibe Marijuana for depression now, because takes your mind off things and.let's you just relax and focus happily on the things you enjoy. There is no harm in this so long as you don't do it.excessively, and the stress free feeling every now and then WILL help, especially your hormones.

Please don't erase this post, I mean well, and if it helps it helps, and that's what we are here for. And I'm willing to risk my first warning point, if I can provide benefit someone, who sounds like they may be becoming depressed. And we are aware of the negative health consequences of anti depressants, Marijuana (sorry) has none of these side effects, and is more effective, so long as not excessive.

Hey Doddy, thanks for all your suggestions. I've been reading a lot about detox solutions on here, and it seems like something worthwhile to try. I'm currently doing some research so I can get on a diet plan by next week. I was already antibiotics for a while, and they're not something I'd like to try again because they can cause resistant strains of bacteria and such (plus I really did not see results on them). I've also heard about the effects of hard water on skin and hair, but is soft water something that I need to install into my house's plumbing system (I currently rent a house with roommates and will only be living here for the next year or so)? The problem I have with my skin is that it's insanely dry when I don't use moisturizer but oily when I do use it, so most the time I do just end up using it cause the dry is worse for me. Is that soap you're recommending an anti-bacterial soap? Haha don't worry I don't think suggesting pot is a bad idea because I definitely am sometimes depressed over my skin and I know a lot of people I've spoken to on here are too. I used to smoke pot a lot in high school, but in the times I've tried it since then it makes me insanely paranoid and the complete opposite of relaxed and happy. Also, I work in a medical lab and am subject to random drug testing so I don't think it's an option for me. I am considering maybe talking to counselor though to see if they can help me maintain a more positive mindset. Thanks again!

Hi there, sorry to hear you have tried pretty much everything to clear up your acne but to no avail, I totally understand how you feel. I have had persistent acne for 20 years now - it started when I was 11 years old and now I'm nearly 32 yet my skin still looks teenage (plus a few laughter lines now, haha!). Apparently something like 50% of women are affected by adult acne to some extent - where are all these other women?! Most people I see seem to have no skin problems.

Yeah I feel your frustration wondering when this will ever end, for me not even Accutane worked, well it did stop cysts forming on my chest and back but only reduced the amount of spots on my face temporarily, like you my skin went back to hell soon after finishing a course when I was 21. During treatment I seem to remember it stopped my skin being so oily too, that in conjunction with hardly any new spots for a while made me much happier and my make up looked 'neater'. I would be open to trying it again but my husband and I want to have kids within the next couple of years therefore I don't want that poisonous junk in my system in the foreseeable future.

For me diet has not had any affect whatsoever on my skin, I've been through phases of just eating fruit and veg but skin stayed exactly the same, these days my diet consists of daily home made smoothies containing stuff like avocados, strawberries, bananas, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, peach, pineapple, kiwi, pears, apples, seeds, and even coconut milk instead of dairy. Also eat loads of oily fish, nuts, salads, other vegetables plus drink litres of filtered water per day. We buy local/organic wherever possible too, plus I don't smoke and hardly ever drink. All that and my skin looks like I live on fast food, it's so disheartening. I actually hate greasy food! Unless it's something Italian drenched in olive oil. I don't believe that acne is caused by poor diet at all, shame other people do though and look at me funny when I do indulge in something like chocolate.

Genetics probably play a very big part, my Mum had bad acne but it stopped suddenly when she was in her mid 20's whereas mine goes on and on and on. Hang in there, I'm here if ever you want to talk about the stress of having this upsetting skin problem.

Hey Ibiza, thanks so much for your response. Yup! I had the same amazing results with accutane. It also made my hair more shiny and lustrous and I hardly ever had to wash it haha (I have to wash my hair daily because it's so oily). It stopped my body acne for longer than my facial acne too, but that is now back with full force. And YES I have the same issues with people thinking my acne is due to poor diet! I've had people tell me I must drink too much soda and that's why I have acne, and I'm thinking well I actually haven't had soda in a year but thanks for the tip... I think as of now my plan of action is going to be a second course of accutane along with a (supposedly) skin friendly diet. Good luck to you! I hope we both find a solution soon.

MemberMember
(@ibiza1987)

Posted : 05/05/2013 4:06 pm

Open this helps

Hey Doddy, thanks for all your suggestions. I've been reading a lot about detox solutions on here, and it seems like something worthwhile to try. I'm currently doing some research so I can get on a diet plan by next week. I was already antibiotics for a while, and they're not something I'd like to try again because they can cause resistant strains of bacteria and such (plus I really did not see results on them). I've also heard about the effects of hard water on skin and hair, but is soft water something that I need to install into my house's plumbing system (I currently rent a house with roommates and will only be living here for the next year or so)? The problem I have with my skin is that it's insanely dry when I don't use moisturizer but oily when I do use it, so most the time I do just end up using it cause the dry is worse for me. Is that soap you're recommending an anti-bacterial soap? Haha don't worry I don't think suggesting pot is a bad idea because I definitely am sometimes depressed over my skin and I know a lot of people I've spoken to on here are too. I used to smoke pot a lot in high school, but in the times I've tried it since then it makes me insanely paranoid and the complete opposite of relaxed and happy. Also, I work in a medical lab and am subject to random drug testing so I don't think it's an option for me. I am considering maybe talking to counselor though to see if they can help me maintain a more positive mindset. Thanks again!

>Hi there, sorry to hear you have tried pretty much everything to clear up your acne but to no avail, I totally understand how you feel. I have had persistent acne for 20 years now - it started when I was 11 years old and now I'm nearly 32 yet my skin still looks teenage (plus a few laughter lines now, haha!). Apparently something like 50% of women are affected by adult acne to some extent - where are all these other women?! Most people I see seem to have no skin problems.

Hey Ibiza, thanks so much for your response. Yup! I had the same amazing results with accutane. It also made my hair more shiny and lustrous and I hardly ever had to wash it haha (I have to wash my hair daily because it's so oily). It stopped my body acne for longer than my facial acne too, but that is now back with full force. And YES I have the same issues with people thinking my acne is due to poor diet! I've had people tell me I must drink too much soda and that's why I have acne, and I'm thinking well I actually haven't had soda in a year but thanks for the tip... I think as of now my plan of action is going to be a second course of accutane along with a (supposedly) skin friendly diet. Good luck to you! I hope we both find a solution soon.

You just reminded me of the bonus hair benefit - yeah now I remember how it also reduced the oil on my scalp too, was great for a few months. If only those effects were permanent. That's what I believed when starting the drug, just shows how stubborn and aggressive acne can be. If it wants to be there it always seems to find a way!

Isn't it depressing when people accuse you of having a poor lifestyle? That is so difficult to deal with. Over the years I have had nasty comment after nasty comment from literally hundreds of people about that kind of stuff, it makes me really upset. I think acne would be so much easier to deal with if other people didn't react the way they do to it.

Good luck if you do choose to go down the Accutane road again, let me know how it goes!

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 05/18/2013 8:01 pm

yes, the soft soap is mildly antibacterial, unfortunatley. but only minorly so, and its not irratating or drying. no water softener? distilled water is cheap, 1.50 a gallon, good for 3-4 face washes. get a big clear glass bowl, boild some distilled water, put in bowl, add room temp distilled water untill its the temp you like. Use this to wash, will really help with dry skin, and the soft soap will rinse off with it 100%.

remember, you are just trying to remove grime off the top layer of your skin, you cant wash acne away, only your body can do so. also do not ever try those damned DIY home microdermabrasion kits, i did and my pores are huge now, been 2 months with only minor improvment, NO HARSH SCRUBS, EVER. Any benefit they have is temporary, and any negative effect may be permanent, i wish id have realized this soon. Your skin can and will heal itself, if its given a good chance. Be gentle with it (again you cannot wash away acne, acne is internal) you can just help it by removing surface grime every now and then (some grime is good, its actually there to protect you from pathogenic bacteria, and the elements and what not) CLEAN THOSE ORGANS. One more thing, Alchol free sweedish bitter 10-15 minutes before meals stimulates your natural enzyme production, helps metabolize food better, so you get more nutrients from you food, and less toxic build up from it. Just Food for thought.

Try and eat clean, DO NOT change your diet radically, if you want to clean up your diet (I dont know what your dietary habits are) but do so S-L-O-W-L-Y. Your gut bacteria, and digestive system has evolved to difest the diet your on the best it can, any drastic changes too fast can have a negative effect.

Be well.

P.S. Bacteria on your skin are there for a reason, they help keep out harmful bacteria by competing for space, just like in your gut, so dont be afraid of bacteria. You notice the people who dont have acne are actually LESS hygenic then the one who DO have acne. My acne never went away till i stopped washing it twice a day either harsh soaps or chems meant to kill ALL bacteria. Give the soft soap and distilled water a go for a month, and dont be overly hygenic. im willing to gamble you see improvment.

MemberMember
(@txngrl)

Posted : 05/18/2013 8:21 pm

Hello, and welcome to the club! I have now been dealing with acne for the past 38 years, which is most of my life. So I know exactly your frustration level. I did take Accutane too, and it helped a lot, but I still have some acne symptoms, although nothing severe like it was as a teen. On the plus side, my oily skin is not as wrinkled as many others my age :) and many people think I'm younger than I am.

I'm just wondering, will I still be dealing with oily skin and blackheads with the occasional cyst as an old woman in her 70s-80s? LOL :D

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/20/2013 9:05 pm

I had acne for 20 years (since I was 12). It was mostly mild until last year when it went cystic...I tried a lot of things, topicals, antibiotics 1 month of accutane which was very bad for me. I was finally diagnosed with PCOS (a hormonal disorder) and being on yaz birth control cleared my acne in 3-4 months. Yaz has a similar ingredient to spiro, I couldnt tolerate spiro at the 100 mg dose recommended for acne but I have no side effects from yaz. You cant take birth control forever but I can be on it another 10 years or so.I cant believe how awesome it is NOT to have acne anymore.

There are people, mostly women who have acne into their 50s! Not nice but it proves acne is hormonal.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 05/20/2013 10:00 pm

I'm turning 31 next month and still struggling with severe cystic acne that I can only get under control with an intense topical regimen AND avoiding a number of dietary and lifestyle triggers. And even then my skin isn't 100 percent perfect. There is no age limit on acne. The idea that there is, is just a myth.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 05/20/2013 10:09 pm

Hi All,

I'm 24 and have had cystic acne all over my body and face since te year 2000. Just accept it. Acne is an incurable inflammatory condition that can and will in a few people last a life time (my day is 63 and still is covered in acne). Just live with it.

If she didn't have luck with birth control she probably won't respond to spiro. And acne is not "Hormonal" it is genetic. Hormonal sensitivity or hormonal imbalance influences a large production of sebum but it won't give you acne directly unless you carry the gene.

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 05/21/2013 7:26 am

Hey all, first post. I can definitely relate to most of you with the frustration. I'll be 27 in July and I've been dealing with a constant break out since mid December, it has completely destroyed my confidence. I think it came about from going off proactiv but I can't be sure. I wanted to switch to something more natural but when that didnt help I gave in and got the new proactiv plus and tried that for six weeks with no success so I went back to regular proactiv for another four weeks with no change. So now I'm back where I started with the natural stuff, Ive been using Lerosett for less than a week and my face as bad as its ever been but I'm gonna stick with it for at least a few weeks. I'm also about to go on my second course of accutane which was the only thing that really helped me. I took it in late 07 to early 08 and my face was great for a good 2 years then I would get flare ups here and there but nothing anywhere near as stubborn as before. I had been using proactiv to keep in under control for the most part until last November, a couple of weeks before I started breaking out again. Its been so hard this time around, being a grown man. I want to do so much but I avoid going out as much as possible now. I don't eat junk food and I drink plenty of water and always have, I also excercise regularly. I really hope the accutane will work the same way it did the last time, with very minor side effects again as well.

MemberMember
(@megelizab)

Posted : 05/26/2013 2:45 pm

Thanks everyone for the support and suggestions. This forum has been such a great outlet for me, as I really don't know anyone else who suffers from acne as bad as I do (especially at my age). I'm finally meeting with my dermatologist again in just a few days, and I'm going to go for a second round of accutane along with a supposedly skin-friendly diet. I'm just hoping I can get through the month-long waiting period without going crazy.