Notifications
Clear all

Avon Stick Concealer!blemishes And Scars!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/03/2013 9:59 am

hello!

this is my 1st post on this forum.

i'll start by saying that am no expert in make-up.not at all!

infact i dont use make up at all.

i do have many post-acne spots but fortunately not many scars*touch wood*

i have a few though!

i have this AVON STICK CONCEALER.

post-200657-0-14908500-1367593088.jpg

BUT,i've no idea how to actually use it to hide my blemishes and spots.

i'd add that i dont use anything except a SUNSCREEN(prescribed by my dermatologist) on my face.

is it okay to just put sunscreen(it's got zinc oxide and it anyway gives me a slightly pale look.)the physical barriers in the sunscreen(zno in my case) aint absorbed in the skin..so they are suppose to stay on like a foundation.

i'd then like to use the concealer JUST on the spots/blemishes/scars.

could anyone please help me and teach me how to do that?WITH A Q-TIP?SINCE i dont have brushes.

**HOW TO USE AVON STICK CONCEALER TO HIDE MY BLEMISHES/SPOTS/SCARS?**

i have both light and slightly dark blemishes.

a raised scar(slighly) and indented ones.

I really need to go somewhere,and honestly it matters to me very much.

but sadly unlike most others i've less or no idea of using make-up.

PLEASE HELP!

post-200657-0-14908500-1367593088.jpg

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 05/03/2013 10:17 am

I haven't used a cover stick since about 2003 when Blackmores decided to discontinue their acne cover stick. Basically what I did back then was "draw" over my acne with the cover stick and then wait about 30 seconds for it to warm up/melt. Then I would use my fingers to gently blend it over the pimple and blend it over the rest of my surrounding skin.

I generally didn't like cover sticks because if the colour isn't PERFECT to your skin tone, it's obvious. Unlike foundation which can be mixed with different shades and then gently blended into the skin and out towards the jawline.

Also, it's perfectly ok to use sunscreen firsthand, just give it about 10 minutes to absorb into your skin before you apply the cover stick.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/03/2013 1:38 pm

I haven't used a cover stick since about 2003 when Blackmores decided to discontinue their acne cover stick. Basically what I did back then was "draw" over my acne with the cover stick and then wait about 30 seconds for it to warm up/melt. Then I would use my fingers to gently blend it over the pimple and blend it over the rest of my surrounding skin.

I generally didn't like cover sticks because if the colour isn't PERFECT to your skin tone, it's obvious. Unlike foundation which can be mixed with different shades and then gently blended into the skin and out towards the jawline.

Also, it's perfectly ok to use sunscreen firsthand, just give it about 10 minutes to absorb into your skin before you apply the cover stick.

thank u for replying.

but i dont think i will use it on my zits.i would only use it on 'flat' blemishes.

or indented ones.

please rectify me if am wrong :

i will put the creamy thingy on the blemish or spot and blend it with the surrounding skin with hand/or q tip?

wont that area look fairer or whiter than the rst of the face in general.?

does it look kinda patchy?

i'm not skilled in make-ups.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 05/03/2013 1:41 pm

please dont put it directly on your face - it will get contaminated with bacteria. Just dab it with a clean finger, and then gently pat it onto the blemish and blend out the edges with your finger. It shouldnt look whiter if you get the right shade for your skin tone.

MemberMember
(@berserkaf)

Posted : 05/03/2013 7:15 pm

hello!

i have a few though!

attachicon.gifimages (3).jpg

i'd add that i dont use anything except a SUNSCREEN(prescribed by my dermatologist) on my face.

is it okay to just put sunscreen(it's got zinc oxide and it anyway gives me a slightly pale look.)the physical barriers in the sunscreen(zno in my case) aint absorbed in the skin..so they are suppose to stay on like a foundation.

could anyone please help me and teach me how to do that?WITH A Q-TIP?SINCE i dont have brushes.

PLEASE HELP!

I've used that before and I've found that if you put it on it works and then some foundation.

That stuff is rather thick just apply it with the stick or use your finger

You just sort of dab it and smooth it a little bit and wallah

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/04/2013 2:47 am

please dont put it directly on your face - it will get contaminated with bacteria. Just dab it with a clean finger, and then gently pat it onto the blemish and blend out the edges with your finger. It shouldnt look whiter if you get the right shade for your skin tone.

i'll use a q-tip,its easier to use with that than my finger tips actually.

hello!

i have a few though!

attachicon.gifimages (3).jpg

PLEASE HELP!

I've used that before and I've found that if you put it on it works and then some foundation.

That stuff is rather thick just apply it with the stick or use your finger

You just sort of dab it and smooth it a little bit and wallah

that is the issue..i dont use foundation or powder or anything.

just sunscreen.