Notifications
Clear all

Jojoba Oil And Potentially Clogging Pores?

MemberMember
(@zero33)

Posted : 05/03/2013 9:31 am

Hi all,

Let me start off by saying I use the Acne.org jojoba oil and have been for a few years now. I don't even really measure how many drops I use I always figured more meant better hydration, better skin.

I was thinking though, clogged pores are partially due to a overproduction of sebum from our skin. So sebum can clog our pores. Jojoba is renowned for being just like our sebum, and there are claims it can dissolve sebum plugs and open our pores. Has anyone encountered any research or have any idea why that is? If too much sebum can clog our pores, perhaps too much jojoba can also?

Perhaps the jojoba oil molecules are smaller and thus don't clog our pores as readily? Anyways, I'd love to hear what you guys think about that.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/03/2013 9:40 am

as far as i know,excess of moisturizing using any product(any oil,any cream,any lotion) is bad for excessively oily or/and acne-prone skin.

my derma had once asked me to stop using my moisturiser..and adviced me to use it only when i feel dry.on my face that is.

since i dnt have body acne*touch wood* i can use it on my body.

someone once told me(and i feel the logic is right!),the excess of anything put on epidermis either evaporates(if its water or wateva) or it remains there untill its just rubbed off or removed some way.

MemberMember
(@zero33)

Posted : 05/05/2013 10:12 pm

Yea I notice too much jojoba will just sit on my skin which I mean I assume would mean it's not letting my skin breathe and is "clogging" my pores? I've started to reduce how much jojoba I use on my skin. I also once read somewhere that it's smart to let the jojoba or whatever moisturizer you're using sit for 10 minutes or so and then use a paper towel to pad your skin to soak up any of if that didn't get absorbed by the skin.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/06/2013 8:13 am

right.

i sometimes do it for my sunscreen,even though its got physical block which is suppose to sit on my skin.

but it does makes my skin way too shiny.

MemberMember
(@zero33)

Posted : 05/09/2013 7:46 pm

Hmm yea. I just wonder where all these articles of Jojoba dissolving the hardened sebum and opening up the pores come from. It'd be nice to actually know for sure.