Notifications
Clear all

Has Anyone Here Remained Clear Post Antibiotics?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/02/2013 5:15 pm

I thought it would be extremely useful for the org if we had a thread about people who have taken oral antibiotics and have remained clear once they stopped taking them (accutane users need not apply).

MemberMember
(@rarrrgh)

Posted : 05/02/2013 11:02 pm

Im very interested in this too! Anyone out there?

*cricket-cricket*

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/02/2013 11:20 pm

I sure havent! Took minocycline 100mg a day for 3 months. It totally cleared me for 10 months but after that the acne came back and was just as bad as when I started. For some people it was worse. :(

MemberMember
(@rarrrgh)

Posted : 05/03/2013 6:34 am

Im on 200mg of minocycline a day righ now and im almost at the two week mark and im not sure if i just am sick or if the mino is making me have a bad cough, stuffy sinuses, shortness of breath and a constant headache. Did you experience anything like this? I think im going to stop taking it for a few days and see what happens.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 05/03/2013 1:36 pm

I took Lymecyline 300 for 8 weeks and I had perfect skin again, but after that my acne came back worse - I regret ever taking it

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/05/2013 3:07 am

I took Lymecyline 300 for 8 weeks and I had perfect skin again, but after that my acne came back worse - I regret ever taking it

how much worse did ur acne come back? what was it on a 1-10 scale and was is it after?

MemberMember
(@maplesyrupmama)

Posted : 05/05/2013 4:13 am

I have taken antibiotics on a few occasions. Minocycline for perioral dermatitis which did prevent it from coming back (for the most part - I had flare-ups when I was pregnant). I recently took lymecycline for 8 weeks and I didn't have one new pimple during that whole time, but unfortunately the spots came back within 10 days, but not as bad.

I don't regret using them at all because it took my skin back to a manageable state and I'm now on a regimen where I'm fairly confident that I'll soon be spot-free (I only have one spot at the moment).