Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WishClean

Topical Vitamins

How effective are topically applied vitamins, particularly in oil form? I bought a pure vitamin E oil that I mix in with my moisturizer and apply it all over in parts I don't normally breakout (such as neck and legs), and I was hoping that would help my body absorb some vitamin E without taking an extra supplement that would have to pass through my liver. I'm trying to reduce oral supplements as much as possible while I strengthen my gut and liver.

Usually, single vitamin supplements (such as vitamin D) give me breakouts in places I don't normally break out. Is it possible to effectively absorb through the bloodstream substantial quantities of those vitamins by using them topically?

vit E is quite commonly used topically.

others?i've never heard of them.

so may be they r not as effective.

are u sure,its the supplements that make u break out?

If you use MSM cream, add some liquid vit C as well! These two are supposed to work best together

vit E is quite commonly used topically.

others?i've never heard of them.

so may be they r not as effective.

are u sure,its the supplements that make u break out?

I think it might be some of the ingredients in the supplements, like the stuff used to make the capsule. I don't do too well with synthetic vitamins, but it's so hard to get those vitamins (esp. E) from food at the 100% RDA, and even harder if there is a deficiency. I have to take b-complex to help my anemia, but that is a raw food brand so it's easier for the body to absorb. I haven't found a raw vitamin E or vitamin D to try - let me know if there are any. I usually do better with raw food-derived multivitamin supplements than single vitamins.

If you use MSM cream, add some liquid vit C as well! These two are supposed to work best together

Are you applying the vitamin C on top of the MSM, or before you put MSM on? Where did you find vitamin c liquid? I would like to get some in pure form. I used to use a cream by lumene that had lots of vitamin c but it was too rich and caused small pimples under my skin, so I think just pure liquid might be better.

Are you applying the vitamin C on top of the MSM, or before you put MSM on? Where did you find vitamin c liquid? I would like to get some in pure form. I used to use a cream by lumene that had lots of vitamin c but it was too rich and caused small pimples under my skin, so I think just pure liquid might be better.

I'm not sure yet which is the best way to apply it, so far I've been using the vitamin C moments after MSM cream.

Got my vit c from a Swedish online store, the bottle looks like this: http://www.superfrukter.se/images/bottle_fruit_vitamin_c.jpg, maybe you can find something like that in local holistic/health shops.

there are foods which are good for anemia ...u have them regularly right?

if not,then please do.

spinach and dates etc

but dates give u insulin spike.so be careful.

Yes, I also take a b-complex supplement with folic acid, but it's giving me tiny breakouts under the skin any time I take it. It has too much B12 in it, as do most b-complex and multivitamins, compared to all other vitamins in it. There is no way I can manage my deficiency by eating specific foods for anemia, the RDA % is just not enough unless I eat tons of those each day. saywhat.gif