Quit 3 Months 3 Wee...

Notifications
Clear all

Quit 3 Months 3 Weeks

MemberMember
(@bugnhaut)

Posted : 05/02/2013 2:56 am

This is my 2nd post on this forum. Its been 3 months and 3 weeks on acne.org regimen and today, Iv've realized that this regimen is not getting me anywhere. Acne pops up and pops up again, and it feels like zits are bigger and more scarring every time I breakout, and I still breakout almost everyday. Red marks don't fade away either and the flakyness...Who said this is supposed to subside overtime?

I'm not doing anything wrong and Im certain i followed it religiously. This regimen is the worst thing I've ever undertaken about my acne. It made me way too self-conscious about myself overall. Acne has litterally taken over my life; there is no one single moment in a day I don't feel cursed about that sh** that wrecked the supposed best years of my life. Life has becomen tasteless...Shit I'm depressed

To whoever can relate to that, please talk to me.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/02/2013 6:16 pm

i can definitely relate. It's hard to pull ourselves out of that self imposed state of mind but with time, support and replacement behaviors, i believe we can. The Regimen is only a treatment option so it won't work for everyone. For example, i was accutane for 3 months and i still have acne so i am now on The Regimen. According to everyone, accutane is supposed to be the HG - well i am proof that it doesn't work for everyone. What else have you tried?

We all can relate to you so stick around and have a chat!

MemberMember
(@alaskanborn88)

Posted : 05/08/2013 8:10 am

i can definitely relate. It's hard to pull ourselves out of that self imposed state of mind but with time, support and replacement behaviors, i believe we can. The Regimen is only a treatment option so it won't work for everyone. For example, i was accutane for 3 months and i still have acne so i am now on The Regimen. According to everyone, accutane is supposed to be the HG - well i am proof that it doesn't work for everyone. What else have you tried?

I haven't tried Accutane myself but everything I've read about it says that it takes on average of 4-6 months to take effect, and I believe a full Accutane treatment cycle lasts around 5 months, so I think you abandoned the treatment far too early to say whether it worked or not.

I'm further into the Regimen than you OP and I've also given up. I've followed every step to a tee, taken various other precautions, and still find myself breaking out. The Regimen is effective on the acne itself, but it leaves behind red marks that take ages to fade and the acne still continues to come back. Frustrating, but hopefully I can get prescribed Accutane soon and defeat acne once and for all.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/08/2013 8:42 pm

I haven't tried Accutane myself but everything I've read about it says that it takes on average of 4-6 months to take effect, and I believe a full Accutane treatment cycle lasts around 5 months, so I think you abandoned the treatment far too early to say whether it worked or not.

I'm further into the Regimen than you OP and I've also given up. I've followed every step to a tee, taken various other precautions, and still find myself breaking out. The Regimen is effective on the acne itself, but it leaves behind red marks that take ages to fade and the acne still continues to come back. Frustrating, but hopefully I can get prescribed Accutane soon and defeat acne once and for all.

I made a mistake. I meant to say that i was on my third course and that i did a 6 month cycle for this last course. And while it improved my acne, it never stopped it. Hope it works for you.