Notifications
Clear all

Months Of Not Working Out Due To Acne, Rehauling Everything

MemberMember
(@baconburger)

Posted : 05/01/2013 8:13 pm

Alright, so last fall after breaking up with my at-the-time Girlfriend, I started to breakout like crazy. I had some pimples here and there before then, but nothing bad. But my chin quickly turned into a mess. I started avoiding the gym because everytime I went the sweat would make me break out. The lack of working out has caused me to make the decision to quit football, which I LOVE, in order to help get rid of acne. Today, with my chin being a scarred mess, and a rather small but irritating brown mark on my cheek, I realizing what I believe to be problem. I think not working out was the problem. Now, after purchasing a new cleanser and toner, in addition to BP and Moisturizer, I'm going to start eating healthy and working out practically every day. I'm going to see if working out actually helps. yes I might break out from the sweat at first, but I feel like this might lead to a stop to the acne.

The only thing I regret is not realizing this sooner. If it works, then I'll have missed out on months of potential strength training, but I guess that's okay.

If you would like to follow along, please do. I appreciate any advice biggrin.png

Reigmen:

Neutrogena Oil-Free Cleanser Redness Reducer

Neutrogena Stress-Control Triple action Toner

Benzoyl Peroxide

Cetaphil Moisturizer

In addition, I'm going to be using Aloe Vera Gel for the redness for the next few days, and hopefully switch to Manuka Honey soon. I'll also be using a Mederma-esque scar cream for this small hyperpigmentation mark on my cheek that just won't go away.

I also drink 2-4 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar, mixed in various glasses of water, every night.

By the way, I'm a 15 year old male.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/01/2013 11:47 pm

if you were taking any supplements while working out (protein supps, bars etc), those were probably the reason you broke out (but hey, i break out on a daily basis, so what do I know haha)