Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unbreakable1

Uk Members - Help Me Get Scar Treatment On The Nhs Please

I've been clinically depressed for the past 6 years largely due to my skin. I'm constantly looking in the mirror and no matter what anyone says I will never be happy or comfortable in my own skin because it looks so dented, rough and aged at just 19 years old. Seeing my face clearly in bright light makes me want to vomit. I don't leave the house unless I have to and I'm constantly wondering what my skin looks like to other people.

I need a strong treatment and I can't afford it. Several TCA peels, bio-oil and several home sessions of dermarolling have done nothing.

I've been wanting it for the past few years and I need it more than ever. How can I finance it with no job or get the NHS to do it? They have done cosmetic treatment before.

Edited by Callum.

Basically just explain to them that you cant afford to go private to get scar treatment and that youre really depressed about it (this sounds so bad but if you could cry while telling them it would honestly help). If you've been diagnosed with depression then tell them also. Also tell them everything youve tried already. But you need to really make sure they know how depressed you feel about it and how its ruining your quality of life (its how people get cosmetic surgery on the NHS)

Edited by XXYY

Callum - it can't be so bad. Do you have some pics that you can share?

I know, I'm not disfigured or anything, but as I said - "no matter what anyone says I will never be happy or comfortable"

Photos are in my gallery but they don't show the full extent of what I see in everything apart from dim lighting

Basically just explain to them that you cant afford to go private to get scar treatment and that youre really depressed about it (this sounds so bad but if you could cry while telling them it would honestly help). If you've been diagnosed with depression then tell them also. Also tell them everything youve tried already. But you need to really make sure they know how depressed you feel about it and how its ruining your quality of life (its how people get cosmetic surgery on the NHS)

Thankyou, I will write a letter and give it to my doctor. The healthcare I've received the past few years is terrible so won't hold my breath! Edited by Callum.