Notifications
Clear all

Table Salt Helped Me.

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 05/01/2013 12:41 pm

Hey guys just thought I'd share something that helped me.

I have been battling acne for a long time (15 years). I've taken Roaccutane in the past and am currently on Doryx. However, a few months ago when I wasn't taking any medication I decided to try something new; salt - as a facial wash.

I find that if I don't switch up my routine, I break out more due to my skin becoming used to the treatment. What I'm about to say, is a suggestion. Perhaps do a patch test to see if it will work for you.

Basically, I get a clear mug and just pour table salt into it, until it covers all of the bottom of the mug (just do it approx, I never use the same amount every time). Then I add some warm water to it (about 1cm in thickness) and then just stir it with my finger. Then I gently pour it into my hand and rub it on my face and cover all my face with it. It already starts to burn for me because of all the acne. Then, I make sure at the end I pour all the bits of salt that didn't melt and use it to 'scrub' my face. I do this in circular motions everywhere, for about 30 seconds and then rinse my face with warm water and dry my face.

My skin always feels like it's "burning" and stings quite a bit (but the more I do it, the less burning and stinging I get) and goes a bit red but I only ever do it at night. For me, personally, by morning my skin returns to normal, no redness or pain. I don't know how sensitive other people's skin is, therefore you might want to do a patch test first to see how you go. I don't really think you need a specific amount of salt to water ratio, just basically make salty water, wash your face with it and then use some extra salt to lightly scrub the dead skin off.

Hopefully this can help at least one person. It definitely leaves my skin smooth and helps A LOT with redness!

MemberMember
(@lromerov123)

Posted : 08/06/2013 10:32 pm

I have been battling acne for a long time (15 years). I've taken Roaccutane in the past and am currently on Doryx. However, a few months ago when I wasn't taking any medication I decided to try something new; salt - as a facial wash.

I find that if I don't switch up my routine, I break out more due to my skin becoming used to the treatment. What I'm about to say, is a suggestion. Perhaps do a patch test to see if it will work for you.

Basically, I get a clear mug and just pour table salt into it, until it covers all of the bottom of the mug (just do it approx, I never use the same amount every time). Then I add some warm water to it (about 1cm in thickness) and then just stir it with my finger. Then I gently pour it into my hand and rub it on my face and cover all my face with it. It already starts to burn for me because of all the acne. Then, I make sure at the end I pour all the bits of salt that didn't melt and use it to 'scrub' my face. I do this in circular motions everywhere, for about 30 seconds and then rinse my face with warm water and dry my face.

My skin always feels like it's "burning" and stings quite a bit (but the more I do it, the less burning and stinging I get) and goes a bit red but I only ever do it at night. For me, personally, by morning my skin returns to normal, no redness or pain. I don't know how sensitive other people's skin is, therefore you might want to do a patch test first to see how you go. I don't really think you need a specific amount of salt to water ratio, just basically make salty water, wash your face with it and then use some extra salt to lightly scrub the dead skin off.

Hopefully this can help at least one person. It definitely leaves my skin smooth and helps A LOT with redness!

Exactly how long have you done this and when did you see a difference?

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 08/07/2013 6:10 am

Exactly how long have you done this and when did you see a difference?

I've been doing it for six months and noticed a difference after about 2 days. My redness went down A LOT and I got less cysts. Obviously everyone is different but I'm hoping others have good results too 🙂

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 08/07/2013 9:55 am

I'd have to agree a bit, I was using sea salt on my skin a couple of days ago, it did seem to dry out some spots and calm the pain, but I think it might have been a little too drying so I was getting tiny bumps.. not sure if it was connected to the salt, but I do agree that it can really help spots, perhaps doing it like once a week.

MemberMember
(@lromerov123)

Posted : 08/07/2013 11:46 pm

Thank you for responding to my question I started it yesterday so hopefully I get the same results. Fingers crossed :)