Notifications
Clear all

Do Guys Get Turned Off By Acne?

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 05/01/2013 12:11 pm

I don't know if this has been asked before or if this is even the right place to ask this. But I've always been curious if guys get turned off or are less attracted to girls with acne and/or red marks and/or acne scars. Or simply: just girls with some sort of skin condition. For example, if you see a random girl walking down the street and you find her attractive from afar and as she comes closer you notice she has acne or one of the above, do you get less attracted? or really turned off? Or is it not a big factor?

Feel free to say anything about this topic. :)

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 05/01/2013 12:48 pm

It depends on the guy. I know a guy who said that he would find a girl attractive but when he puts on his glasses, he would see more clearly her pimples and be turned off. And he had the nerve to say that to me, but not about me (I don't think back then I had a a lot of acne, BUT I had scars). I don't think I felt that offended because I didn't have as many issues about my skin as I do now. After that, my skin got worse, and I had a big red cystic pimple on my nose and he made fun of me. My skin is really not perfect yet he still pursues me to this day. He thinks I don't give a damn about him. Ummm, why don't you get a clue? lol

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 05/01/2013 1:07 pm

It depends on the guy. I know a guy who said that he would find a girl attractive but when he puts on his glasses, he would see more clearly her pimples and be turned off. And he had the nerve to say that to me, but not about me (I don't think back then I had a a lot of acne, BUT I had scars). I don't think I felt that offended because I didn't have as many issues about my skin as I do now. After that, my skin got worse, and I had a big red cystic pimple on my nose and he made fun of me. My skin is really not perfect yet he still pursues me to this day. He thinks I don't give a damn about him. Ummm, why don't you get a clue? lol

Hahaha what a total jerk! Wow. That's so incredibly ignorant. Honestly, your skin doesn't look so bad to me!! I see people with your skin condition around all the time and I think "wow, wish my skin looked like that right now" . No joke! What you see in the mirror is 10x different than what others see. And about that guy... you deserve better!

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/01/2013 2:18 pm

I definitely don't. I think natural beauty outshines something as superficial as acne. Like for example dreamergirl, you have really pretty features and gorgeous eyes. That's what I notice first and foremost when it comes to girls, I don't sweat the small stuff at all. :P We all have our flaws, god knows I have more than enough flaws lol, so I'm never going to be bothered by something as minor as skin issues that another person is dealing with. Not a factor at all for me.

I primarily just focus on rather or not we click when I meet a girl I like, like I just make an effort to learn more about her and gauge her sense of humor and things like that. That's what is important to me during a first impression type of scenario.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/01/2013 2:24 pm

As a dude who obviously has bad skin (thats why I'm on this site) personally no I don't care. As far as normal guys go its hit or miss. Harsh reality is that a majority of guys go for looks above everything else. Just the way it is we are pigs.

In your case your hot and your acne isn't even that bad. Your acne doesn't take away from your natural beauty.

But quick story. I'm at work with a few dudes watching tv and a proactive commercial comes on. Everyone starts talking shit about the girls on the commercial saying "ewww", " I wouldn't fuck her with her face like that', "pimples are nasty", etc etc. Anyways I know these dudes gf's and wives. Met a couple of them and see others from afar and none of them would be considered attractive. (not to be judgemental but for the sake of making my point...)

Dudes are full of shit. Not all will care about your acne, some will. Some will at first but then notice other things that make you attractive then wont care later. Its whatever its not like your ugly. You shouldn't have any worries.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/01/2013 6:05 pm

From a female perspective i definitely think that men notice my acne. The more severe it is, the more it stands out and men being men will notice it. With that said, the superficial ones will go for girls with clearer skins but why would we want to be with men like that anyway. i still have guys come up to me in spite of my acne and i do have guys look at me (not in an attractive way) because of it. So it's always going to be a mixed bag. With that said, if you exude confidence, guys WILL notice that and the good ones will respond.

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 05/01/2013 7:49 pm

I definitely don't. I think natural beauty outshines something as superficial as acne. Like for example dreamergirl, you have really pretty features and gorgeous eyes. That's what I notice first and foremost when it comes to girls, I don't sweat the small stuff at all. tongue.png We all have our flaws, god knows I have more than enough flaws lol, so I'm never going to be bothered by something as minor as skin issues that another person is dealing with. Not a factor at all for me.

I primarily just focus on rather or not we click when I meet a girl I like, like I just make an effort to learn more about her and gauge her sense of humor and things like that. That's what is important to me during a first impression type of scenario.

Yeah you're totally right about natural beauty. It's just that sometimes it's so hard to see yourself the way others see you. Blaaah. I need to work on that. And thanks for the compliments, made me smile :) Good to know some guys aren't jerks haha.

As a dude who obviously has bad skin (thats why I'm on this site) personally no I don't care. As far as normal guys go its hit or miss. Harsh reality is that a majority of guys go for looks above everything else. Just the way it is we are pigs.

In your case your hot and your acne isn't even that bad. Your acne doesn't take away from your natural beauty.

But quick story. I'm at work with a few dudes watching tv and a proactive commercial comes on. Everyone starts talking shit about the girls on the commercial saying "ewww", " I wouldn't fuck her with her face like that', "pimples are nasty", etc etc. Anyways I know these dudes gf's and wives. Met a couple of them and see others from afar and none of them would be considered attractive. (not to be judgemental but for the sake of making my point...)

Dudes are full of shit. Not all will care about your acne, some will. Some will at first but then notice other things that make you attractive then wont care later. Its whatever its not like your ugly. You shouldn't have any worries.

I totally agree that most guys go for looks. And some girls too honestly. Thanks for making me feel better! That makes me feel a bit relieved :)

And wow, no offense but what jerks! The girls on those commercials don't even have skin that bad!! Errrr...some people. Le sigh >.<

Good to know I'm hot! haha thank ya : )

From a female perspective i definitely think that men notice my acne. The more severe it is, the more it stands out and men being men will notice it. With that said, the superficial ones will go for girls with clearer skins but why would we want to be with men like that anyway. i still have guys come up to me in spite of my acne and i do have guys look at me (not in an attractive way) because of it. So it's always going to be a mixed bag. With that said, if you exude confidence, guys WILL notice that and the good ones will respond.

I totally agree, girl! I would never again want to be with a guy who is superficial. Blaaaah. Bad experience from the past..never again. I too have guys still come up to me in spite of my acne, but it confuses me lol. Makes me think they don't see it or something? Then I start over-thinking everything grrr.

Confidence is key for sure. Thanks for your opinion!

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 05/01/2013 7:57 pm

Ugly girls are like pink elephants

They dont exist.

That should answer this thread.

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 05/01/2013 7:59 pm

Ugly girls are like pink elephants

They dont exist.

That should answer this thread.

LOL, perfect!!

MemberMember
(@lzomg)

Posted : 05/01/2013 8:41 pm

severe acne can be unnatractive but mild acne doesnt bother me, mild acne scarring doesnt bother me but ive seen severe acne scars on this site and it can be unnatractive.

Just giving my honest opinion, your profile picture looks very pretty though. Good luck with your acne.

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 05/01/2013 9:42 pm

severe acne can be unnatractive but mild acne doesnt bother me, mild acne scarring doesnt bother me but ive seen severe acne scars on this site and it can be unnatractive.

Just giving my honest opinion, your profile picture looks very pretty though. Good luck with your acne.

Thank you for your honesty. :) And for the sweet compliment! Best of luck to you as well :)

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 05/02/2013 2:48 am

Severe acne does turn me off, but mild acne can be endearing. A flawless face on the other hand is very intimidating, but nice to see.

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 05/02/2013 3:15 pm

I think it's very mixed. I do feel judged when I have extremely bad break outs but at the same time, I've always had dudes try to hit on me despite that. I have extremely bad scarring and a lot of redness and wear a lot of foundation (which sometimes I think might look worse than just bare skin but I'm too self conscious!) but overall I've had guys go after me, tell me I was beautiful anyway and even touch my face without being grossed out.

I had a guy friend who was brutally honest with me. He said "you are always infinitely more gorgeous when you are smiling and confident, the acne itself doesn't matter. Love yourself and be happy, you are beautiful!"

MemberMember
(@providermr)

Posted : 05/02/2013 11:34 pm

I dont want to sound rude but Acne is a turn off for most people, that's why I feel like shit, because I don't think a girl would find me attractive.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/03/2013 11:26 am

Do you girls wear makeup or just natural bare skin most of the time? I notice when i do cover up and wear makeup guys come up to me but 98% of the time i dont wear anything and nada which i'm fine with honestly. i have mild acne and acne scarring. Just wondering whats the difference for you ladies between wearing makeup even if your acne is still noticeable or not wearing makeup at all when it comes to guys.

MemberMember
(@crazyinternetman)

Posted : 05/03/2013 1:40 pm

Some guys look past it without caring, some can't. It's like guys who only look at girls with boobs at least a certain size, or butt a certain shape, or height of a certain number or whatever.

I know plenty of guys to whom I said "Damn look at her!" and their reply was "Dude, no boobs." or "Too short for me." or somesort of reply.

Some guys like a girl but they're too chickenshit to tell her cause they're afraid his buddies will comment on her being/not being a certain way.

Personally, if any girl smiles at me I smile right back, unless she's underage, since I don't want to go to jail. Women's faces light up when they smile rolleyes.gif.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 05/03/2013 3:44 pm

well me personally no, in fact i think i'd chose one who does over one who doesn't. because i know we'd connect better

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 05/05/2013 5:16 pm

I don't.

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 05/05/2013 5:37 pm

Do you girls wear makeup or just natural bare skin most of the time? I notice when i do cover up and wear makeup guys come up to me but 98% of the time i dont wear anything and nada which i'm fine with honestly. i have mild acne and acne scarring. Just wondering whats the difference for you ladies between wearing makeup even if your acne is still noticeable or not wearing makeup at all when it comes to guys.

I'm a girl, but when I look at other girls with acne, I'm kind of grossed out when they wear makeup. It just looks really uneven and usually cakey. However, acne or no acne, skin looks better with no make up. I always feel a lot more confident without makeup, oddly enough :P

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/05/2013 9:31 pm

I'm a girl, but when I look at other girls with acne, I'm kind of grossed out when they wear makeup. It just looks really uneven and usually cakey. However, acne or no acne, skin looks better with no make up. I always feel a lot more confident without makeup, oddly enough tongue.png

haha i know right? thats the main reason why i don't wear makeup. I let my sister do my makeup on special occasions because I don't know how to do anything besides eye-makeup and even when she does my makeup having more expertise at it than me my face turns out cakey cuz of my acne oh well but it does cover up the acne I think its just a hit and miss thing where you can look good (sometimes) or it just makes your acne look more noticeable. Also makeup breaks me out a lot so thats another reason why I don't even bother with it beside having zero skill and knowledge on how to apply it well haha i prefer going all natural for my everyday look. Saves me money and time!

MemberMember
(@helton)

Posted : 05/06/2013 1:04 am

I'm a girl, but when I look at other girls with acne, I'm kind of grossed out when they wear makeup. It just looks really uneven and usually cakey. However, acne or no acne, skin looks better with no make up. I always feel a lot more confident without makeup, oddly enough tongue.png

I get the same feeling too!

It weird me out when I see a person who cakes on foundation but then the skin texture gives away what's underneath.

There's really no way to go around this... Personally I go bare face whenever I break out, but uses foundation only if I am not breaking out and know that foundation would enhance the look of my skin.

MemberMember
(@jc1988)

Posted : 05/06/2013 2:30 am

To each his own right?

Haha as a male I personally don't though. Maybe it's cuz I know the struggle and can empathize with another person fight these acne beasts.

All in all, don't be discouraged if a guy thinks you are unattractive because of your acne. He isn't worth your time cuz imagine if you end up with the guy, he's prolly the type to notice every small imperfection and compare u to every other female who is more "perfect". I think society has brainwashed us through media and tabloids giving a false account of what "beauty" is. I say screw that and flaunt what God gave u! A good dude will come around and see past the physical and pursue you as a whole. Cause in the end, who wants a beautiful face with an ugly personality anyway? No need to fret!

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 05/06/2013 10:30 am

Like everyone else said, it depends on the guy. I've known guys who have described certain girls with acne as hot, beautiful, etc. and then I know there's other guys that would probably be turned off by acne.

Personally, the boyfriends and guys I've known throughout my life haven't really cared about my acne. Mine is mild - moderate, so it's not that bad obviously, but I still get visible pimples. You just have to work with what you got.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/06/2013 11:03 am

I get the same feeling too!

It weird me out when I see a person who cakes on foundation but then the skin texture gives away what's underneath.

There's really no way to go around this... Personally I go bare face whenever I break out, but uses foundation only if I am not breaking out and know that foundation would enhance the look of my skin.

same here.

i went out today and trust me i've been waiting for this day forever.=)

i never use make-up.

i got help from some experts here on acne.org.

i use the sunscreen and then used a stick concealer to conceal the blemishes & post-acne spots i've.

but i left the active zit or whiteheads as well as one scar which even if i try to conceal i cant,

its looks cakey.

plus its hot and sweaty here these days!

To each his own right?

Haha as a male I personally don't though. Maybe it's cuz I know the struggle and can empathize with another person fight these acne beasts.

All in all, don't be discouraged if a guy thinks you are unattractive because of your acne. He isn't worth your time cuz imagine if you end up with the guy, he's prolly the type to notice every small imperfection and compare u to every other female who is more "perfect". I think society has brainwashed us through media and tabloids giving a false account of what "beauty" is. I say screw that and flaunt what God gave u! A good dude will come around and see past the physical and pursue you as a whole. Cause in the end, who wants a beautiful face with an ugly personality anyway? No need to fret!

hey!

i wish everyone though this way.

even the songs or most movies here in my land (and many more places) are all about how beautiful eyes are,how shiny the hair is or how porcelain perfect the skin is..!

rarely i hear or see someone talk about how compassionate the girl is or what balanced mentality she's got!

she's either 'hot' or she's 'not'!

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 05/06/2013 11:42 am

I just don't like seeing a girl touch or pick at it. Or evidence of it having been picked.