Whiteheads After Be...

Notifications
Clear all

Whiteheads After Being On Regimen For A While

MemberMember
(@helpclear)

Posted : 05/01/2013 9:29 am

So I've been having some severe whitehead problems on this regimen lately. I've been on it since July 2011 and my face and neck was about 95% clear from it until about 6 months ago. My neck is still clear, maybe the occasional 1 or 2 pimples and the same with the rest of my face. Now the huge problem I'm having lately are whiteheads around my mouth and nose.

Has anyone else experienced this on this regimen after some time? I'm not sure what to do. I don't moisturize my neck, forehead, nose, or cheeks anymore as they get very oily if I do. I switched from moisturizer to aha about a month or two ago and it hasn't done anything to help. Is my skin producing too much oil in these areas where I apply moisturizer and just clogging the pores?

(@LewisS)

Posted : 05/01/2013 10:26 am

If you don't moisturise in those areas your skin is probably producing more oils to compensate. BP dries your skin out, so your skin is going to try and counteract that. Oil and dry skin that accumulate in a pore equal black/whiteheads.

You have to moisturise on this regimen or it simply will not work. Plus, this isn't a cure, it's a treatment/preventative. It sounds like you have similar acne to myself and the more I do to my skin, the more acne I get.

MemberMember
(@helpclear)

Posted : 05/01/2013 10:28 am

Well that's the thing, the areas I do moisturize end up with whiteheads. The areas I don't moiturize anymore I don't get any whiteheads or dryness.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 05/01/2013 10:44 am

Dan's moisturiser may be too heavy for you. Maybe you should try the Jojoba oil. As crazy as that sounds, it's the closest thing to the oil we produce on our skin so our skin doesn't need to produce more.

Also, oil dissolves oil. A lot of people with clogged pores use Jojoba oil to dissolve the 'plug' created by oil.

MemberMember
(@helpclear)

Posted : 05/01/2013 11:26 am

Ok thanks I'll try that. I actually have some jojoba oil but I haven't used it since a few months into the regimen. I had extreme dryness the first 6 months on the regimen and needed that mixed in with the moisturizer to keep from flaking.

MemberMember
(@helpclear)

Posted : 05/02/2013 3:18 pm

So far I like the improvements after just 1 day. Most of the whiteheads vanished by last night. My face has improved dramatically in just 1 day with this Jojoba oil. My skin feels a little greasy but I've been getting a lot of dead skin on my face which I haven't noticed in a while. I remember feeling this at times when my skin was the clearest.

Hopefully it keeps me clear!